360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

Also, going to see when I have the time to update all browsers with chrome.dll and (chrome_child.dll for the ones that use it) with a different preferred base address (probably 0x10010000) as RAM consumption gets reduced a lot when doing that. I will preserve the non-rebased DLLs in case something goes wrong.

PD: Thanks to @NotHereToPlayGames for pointing it out.

Edited by Humming Owl

4 hours ago, Chuck said:

The browsers tested has been just downloaded from archive.org

So not ArcticFoxie's builds from MSFN? Why?

4 hours ago, Chuck said:

To me 360ee 12 won't show images on that site too, anyway it's too heavy for my PC (for surfing and streaming at the same time)

P.S. operating system Is windows XP SP3 with all security updates (no posready).

Have you cleaned your Windows (services, unneeded applications, etc.)? Do you clean your Windows (history, cookies, etc.) with some CCleaner and also manually with the brush and vacuum cleaner?

2 minutes ago, msfntor said:

So not ArcticFoxie's builds from MSFN? Why?

Have you cleaned your Windows (services, unneeded applications, etc.)? Do you clean your Windows (history, cookies, etc.) with some CCleaner and also manually with the brush and vacuum cleaner?

I downloaded them from archive.org which are the links in the first post of this topic.

It's all cleaned, only 180 mb maxinum of ram are used at startup. CPU is used only by browser and task manager.

29 minutes ago, Chuck said:

in addition it's interesting that compatibility mode gets removed after the browser gets launched, really strange

... How so? When you selected win2k compatibility mode in 360Loader.exe's Properties window, did you click "Apply" before clicking OK? That window looks as below under Vista (should be similar on XP):

0Abar27.jpg

In any case, can't reproduce this here :whistle:...

55 minutes ago, Chuck said:

I've seen a section in it called 360ee trusted certificates or something similar, who knows if got to do with it.

If you are talking about these, I would advise against checkmarking these two options.

You essentially INTRODUCE a man-in-the-middle to "check" if you have a man-in-the-middle.

image.png.aeccd98d9791489b72e60203bc191493.png

2 minutes ago, VistaLover said:

... How so? When you selected win2k compatibility mode in 360Loader.exe's Properties window, did you click "Apply" before clicking OK? That window looks as below under Vista (should be similar on XP):

0Abar27.jpg

In any case, can't reproduce this here :whistle:...

100% sure that I press ok because if I check again before launching it is selected, I even check the registry in appcompatflags, and after launching the browser I refresh it and the compatibility flag gets deleted!

Won't be a problem to force it for me with a regedit .bat. Anyway I've installed the certificates suggested but didn't fix the problem like the compatibility mode.

In addition the system crashed (but happended just one time) when I exited from DC browser, I don't know if has been a browser fault, especially because bluescreenview reports only ntoskrnl and win32k, so could just be an isolated event (I cannot use maxthon browser because  random crashes). I'll test more the configuration tomorrow and in the next week.

10 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

If you are talking about these, I would advise against checkmarking these two options.

You essentially INTRODUCE a man-in-the-middle to "check" if you have a man-in-the-middle.

image.png.aeccd98d9791489b72e60203bc191493.png

It's just a mistery on how 360ee 11 trustes anything.

1 hour ago, Humming Owl said:

Also, going to see when I have the time to update all browsers

... Additionally, your OP contains below link:

https://xpforever.miraheze.org/wiki/360_Extreme_Explorer

which now, sadly, returns :( :

Wiki not found

We couldn't find this wiki. Check your spelling and try again.

Regards :) ...

Edited by VistaLover

32 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

Because it simply has its own certs.

But I didn't find cloudflare one, I'll check again.

Anyway why other chromium browsers do not have their own certificates, is just a 360ee version 11 characteristic?

26 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

Because it simply has its own certs.

True, but not in the sense discussed here; in 360EEv11, navigate to "chrome://settings/advanced", then scroll further down to "HTTPS/SSL":

iSKF68h.png

If you press the top first button (Manage certificates...), you are presented with an OS window:

srw276u.png

a clear indication it's using the OS cert store...

Now, if you click the third bottom button (with Chinese characters), you do get access to its built-in cert store, but that is only meant to be used within China, for mainly Chinese sites:

yoTjpfa.png

What's more, the user has no edit access whatsoever to that cert store, i.e. expired certs can't be deleted, nor new ones be imported...

FYI, all variants of 360EE (v11/12/13/13/5) have the same cert stores structure (access to the MS cert store + QiHoo provided one); more info about the QiHoo/360 cert store can be found at below link:

https://caprogram.360.cn/#plan

(in the header, select "English")

Regards.

4 hours ago, VistaLover said:

Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) is NOT supported by Windows XP SP3, has never been, even with the POSReady updates... But some POSReady update(s) did implement native TLS v1.1/1.2 support in XP - don't ask me for further details, running Vista SP2 here...

To update your XP Microsoft Store certs, see below:

https://msfn.org/board/topic/183352-proxhttpsproxy-and-httpsproxy-in-windows-xp-for-future-use/

mCTCqW0.png

We should not forget that there is a further tool for updating Root Certificates in Windows XP. The creator was @Thomas S.. The tool is called CAupdater. Here is the link to its original post: 

It is also embedded in his HTTPSProxy package. In his original post, the download link of CAupdater as a single archive doesn't work anymore. BTW, both versions of my self-created Root Certificate and Revoked Certificate Updater are meant to be used in case no internet connection is available. Generally, @heinoganda's Certificate Updater 1.6 or @Thomas S.'s CAupdater is completely sufficient. All facts about Root Certificates can be read in the section 5.2 of my article "ProxHTTPSProxy and HTTPSProxy in Windows XP for future use".

Greetings, AstroSkipper matrix.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

22 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Quite clear. I would only accept a woman-in-the-middle, and then only under very specific conditions.