360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

6 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

You have to enable WebGL which is disabled by default due to security risks associated with WebGL.

can you point me to the right setting ? maybe I turned on the wrong one.

On 3/7/2023 at 6:48 PM, msfntor said:

Hello @Chuck, welcome on board!

...have you tried the same page on "new incognito window"?...because it's this window without extensions. I don't have version 11 anymore...
Why don't you try our latest 360Chrome version 13.0 or 13.5? 

Thank you for welcoming

I'll try in incognito mode, maybe the bookmarks sidebar extension could interfere?

I don't use versions 13 because I use only 2 gb of ram which are not enough for them when opening multiple tabs.

On 3/7/2023 at 10:02 PM, Milkinis said:

it rarely happens here, the text goes blank or it's unreadable (striked out)

the best possible solution is to restart the browser, if you can't do it right way, just copy the url address and past it in a new tab.

No need to restart/reopen, just zoom out and zoom in (or vice versa), that will do the trick.

On 3/8/2023 at 1:42 PM, we3fan said:

Use  --no-sandbox  switch to fix disappearing text, it shows message: "security will suffer" so you can also use  --disable-infobars  switch

example:

Right-click on shortcut > Properties > Shortcut > Target:  \360chrome.exe" --no-sandbox --disable-infobars

Welcome to MSFN

I'm a bit concerned about security, even if I browse only known sites, but I'll try when I visit only that site.

1 hour ago, Chuck said:

I don't use versions 13 because I use only 2 gb of ram which are not enough for them when opening multiple tabs.

What version of Windows are you using, please? Have you slimmed down your Windows? 

2 GB is normally enough, so try the "Clear Browser Data" button at the bottom right (notch all cases before...) or in the Settings/Advanced/Privacy... notch too: "Clear selections every exit" like me, then report the behavior of these browsers after cleaning, please...

2 hours ago, Milkinis said:

can you point me to the right setting ? maybe I turned on the wrong one.

"If you "opt-in" for the security risk (the extent is often debated, so "your call") of enabling WebGL, then you need to remove the --disable-webgl switch in 360Loader.ini ."

5 hours ago, msfntor said:

"Sory, we have no imagery here": Brax.Me/geo/: 
https://brax.me/geo/

... For me, the first map there (Wifi Triangulation) loads (both map/satellite view) if I enable the geolocation API (in St52: geo.enabled;true - I had it toggled to false, for privacy concerns :P); but the second map (IP Address based on ISP) still displays the quoted error in satellite view, map view loads a lightblue colour:

PO4HMXG.png

5 hours ago, Dave-H said:

The 'Escape' map doesn't work for me on 360Chrome 13.5

When you load "chrome://gpu/", under Graphics Feature Status, what are your entries for WebGL/WebGL2 ?
I have a very old iGPU with only Software Acceleration available for both, so while the WebGL test passes OK, not every WebGL requiring site works as intended :(... And in my case, force-enabling H/W acceleration ( "chrome://flags/#ignore-gpu-blocklist" => Enabled, followed by a browser restart) has adverse effects overall :( ...

52 minutes ago, VistaLover said:

the second map (IP Address based on ISP) still displays the quoted error in satellite view, map view loads a lightblue colour

This is exactly what I see here... with "Sorry, we have no imagery here" repeated many times...

Edited by msfntor

43 minutes ago, msfntor said:

Then what says now the WebGL TEST: https://get.webgl.org/

I tried either things deleting the text or just swapping disable for enable but the map remains unusable

screenshot.27.png