360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

You should note that it is a beta version of what is planned to be a paid-for product.  It is not planned to be a "free web browser".

Sorry, i did not notice that, and maybe i don't care it

2 hours ago, djole123 said:

I tried it for a bit, it seems a bit sluggish when loading pages for the first time, but it does get better over time. Probably something to do with caching, the browser is in early stages so quirks are probably going to get polished up over time.

Some people have already shared concerns that this is a paid Chinese product, but in my book that's fine. All the majors Chinese vendors have axed XP, it's from a solo developer, and there's probably still a huge amount of XP users and businesses in China that would gladly pay a small fee to continue using their existing solutions.

It's quite a miracle that it even exists, honestly :lol:

It's a miracle, i agree with you, but we don't have so many XP as I know, or those XPs don't need to the new brower, even those XPs didn't link in the internet

BTW there's a dedicated thread for this new browser now:

Perhaps the discussion should be continued over there, but first let me note that the beta version is free, but has a "time bomb" and will quit working in August 2024 (although, due to a bug, it will start working again in January 2025 and will quit working again in August 2025, and again in 2026, etc.)

9 hours ago, Mathwiz said:

(although, due to a bug, it will start working again in January 2025 and will quit working again in August 2025, and again in 2026, etc.)

:buehehe::roll1:

edit - while "funny", this is BETA and we shouldn't "judge too quickly".

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

16 hours ago, dmiranda said:

The forum should have a lol/laf/roflmao besides liking and upvoting :P

I second that and also having thanks besides likes and upvotes would be better. And I should add to your 3 laugh words: rofl as well.

Edited by mina7601

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2023 at 8:15 PM, DrWho3000 said:

1) The last MV2 release of "Who Deleted Me" Chromium extension is v2.0.16, from 2020/04/09: 

https://www.crx4chrome.com/crx/344799/

2) The last MV2 release of "Fluff Busting Purity" Chromium extension is v35.0.0.0, from 2022/10/08:

https://www.crx4chrome.com/crx/297286/

In both cases, click the links labelled: "Download Crx File from Crx4Chrome" and save the .crx files to disk; 
open the chrome://extensions (or chrome://myextensions) tab in 360EE, enable developer mode and then drag-n-drop there one of the .crx files; a prompt should appear, asking you whether you want to proceed with the extension installation, etc. - do the same with the second of the downloaded .crx files...

DISCLAIMER: While these older extension versions are compatible with/will install in Chrome < 88.0, their actual functionality might be impaired and/or flawed :dubbio:(as subsequent, MV3, versions were released after them, "presumably" to fix bugs/add more features) ...

Regards ;) ...

Just as an aside, I have for quite a while now been using the latest script version of 'Fluff Busting Purity' on 360Chrome, with OrangeMonkey, which still works perfectly of course.
As long as scripting extensions still work, I hope that's going to be an option for quite a while yet with some extensions.
:yes:

• 1 month later...

Hi, after a bit more extensive usage of ExtremeExplorer360 under WinXP (after some 20+ tabs opened or longer maps panning and zooming) I got this win32k.sys BSOD. I think it maybe the same problem as with MyPal68 where many users complained about the BSOD that came very easily. For MyPal there's an option: layers.omtp.enabled = false that eliminates the BSOD. Is there similar option for EE360/chromium that would solve this issue?

ee360-bsod.jpg

16 hours ago, xrayer said:

...For MyPal there's an option: layers.omtp.enabled = false that eliminates the BSOD...

Thank you very much - I didn't know that and toggled it just now even though I've not had this BSOD. I'm sorry I don't know how to help you with your current issue.

18 hours ago, xrayer said:

Hi, after a bit more extensive usage of ExtremeExplorer360 under WinXP (after some 20+ tabs opened or longer maps panning and zooming) I got this win32k.sys BSOD. I think it maybe the same problem as with MyPal68 where many users complained about the BSOD that came very easily. For MyPal there's an option: layers.omtp.enabled = false that eliminates the BSOD. Is there similar option for EE360/chromium that would solve this issue?

ee360-bsod.jpg

Have you by any chance had this same issues with ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.1030 Redux? I've not had a single issue with it - He has made many improvements since @Humming Owl's version. I wish he (Humming Owl) could find some way to improve upon DCbrowser, but I doubt it. 

Edited by XPerceniol