360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

On 1/8/2022 at 7:06 AM, TrevMUN said:

I noticed when ProxHTTPSProxy is active that Chrome-based browsers could visit sites that normally throw a cipher mismatch error. (The Mario 64 wiki, Ukikipedia, is one example.)

What this program does exactly? I've seen some people that uses it for security reasons or for XP due to certificate errors.

Cheers.

8 hours ago, Humming Owl said:

What this program does exactly? I've seen some people that uses it for security reasons or for XP due to certificate errors.

I found this site explaining how it works from a thread in 2014, though honestly even after looking at the referenced Proximotron itself I'm not too clear on how ProxHTTPSProxy solves the issues.

As a former Proximitron-user (actually, I still use it [I was a site admin on a Proxomitron forum], but for Microsoft Excel web queries and not for my web browser), Proxomitron and ProxHTTPSProxy both can be thought of as a "VPN".
I shall refer to both as simply Prox.  ALL of your web browser "data" flows "thru" Prox.

Your web browser does not request data from MSFN.org, for example.
Rather, your web browser requests data from Prox.  Then Prox requests the identical data from MSFN.org.

MSFN.org then sends that data not to your web browser but to Prox instead.
Prox is located on the same "computer", but the data is not being sent to your web browser, it is being sent to Prox.

Prox then sends that data to your web browser.

Your web browser never "touches" MSFN.org.
Your web browser only "touches" Prox - it requests data from Prox, it receives data from Prox.

So as far as an "SSL Certificate Chain", you only need to maintain ONE.  The connection between your web browser and Prox.  The Proxomitron community referred to this as "rolling your own" Proxomitron SSL Certificate.

As long as the web browser sees a "secure" connection to Prox, the ONE and ONLY certificate now needed for SSL, then the web browser will always display a "green padlock".
So your web browser (especially Firefox and the damn "nag screen") never EVER "knows" that MSFN.org's certificate "chain" is 'broken' because the connection between the web browser and Prox is "not broken".

I'm over-simplifying, but that's the general idea.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

Proxomitron can do a thousand things that nothing else on the planet can do!

Let's say that the web site that you are visiting has 30 javascript files and you use NoScript to block 25 of them and the web site still does everything that it needs to do, those 25 blocked scripts were unneeded bloat.

The web site doesn't function without the 5 javascripts files so you cannot block them with NoScript.

But let's say that the web site still has some javascript that you find offensive (I'll use the "keylogger" in MSFN.org's "forum reply box" as an example, because that has been a topic in the past).

It's fairly easy to track down where that "offense" is among the five remaining javacript files.

With Proxomitron, you can take the "offense" which comprises, merely as an example, 2000 lines of code.

Proxomitron can "filter" line 1234 and remove "six letters", again merely as an example, and "break" the keylogger.

And your web browser never knows.  It requested data from MSFN.org.  Proxomitron provided that data but filtered and edited before the browser ever "decoded and rendered" that data.

Hi, hoping I can resolve a few little issues with Hummingowl 360 v13.

1. Sourceforce's "style" formatting doesn't load. I assume it's some browser setting. Works fine in Russian v12.

2. Github wants a new certificate. What should I do? I ran the cert. updater.

3. Chrome thinks google.com is in Chinese. Which is weird because it's google.com, and it is definitely not Chinese. So something there is configured incorrectly. 

1 hour ago, Hunterw said:

Sourceforce's "style" formatting doesn't load.

I am assuming that you meant SourceForge.  Technically, it is loading.  But the .css coding isn't being done properly.  The navigation links are being defined with a "color: inherit" and the parent has no color being assigned, so you go to the parent's parent [two] and that has no color being assigned, so you go to the parent's parent's parent [three] and that has no color being assigned, so then you go to the parent's parent's parent's parent [four] and that has no color being assigned, so then you go to the parent's parent's parent's parent's parent [five] (ie, the body element) and you finally have a color being assigned (and it matches the background color so you can't see the text because it's the same color as the background).

Can't really fault any web browser for improper .css coding.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

22 hours ago, Hunterw said:

Hi, hoping I can resolve a few little issues with Hummingowl 360 v13.

1. Sourceforce's "style" formatting doesn't load. I assume it's some browser setting. Works fine in Russian v12.

2. Github wants a new certificate. What should I do? I ran the cert. updater.

3. Chrome thinks google.com is in Chinese. Which is weird because it's google.com, and it is definitely not Chinese. So something there is configured incorrectly. 

In 360Chrome v13 2250 M:

https://sourceforge.net/ - padlock says insecure, if not I don't see website problem...

https://github.com/ - padlock green, nice page to me...

https://www.google.com/?hl=en&gl=us - use this google link, English. Padlock green.

BUT if click on "Open home page" icon, have here error page of chrome-extension://jidgjlkcneagcmhbceljjampjgjgjije/newtab.html

Network connection error

Please check the spelling of the domain name, or check the network

Refresh page

- in Settings, "Open the home page" is unnotched.

If click on new tab, all is good, cause my setting "chrome://newtab/" under notched "Open a specific page or set of pages:"

Edited by msfntor

48 minutes ago, msfntor said:

In 360Chrome v13 2250 M:

https://sourceforge.net/ - padlock says insecure, if not I don't see website problem...

https://github.com/ - padlock green, nice page to me...

https://www.google.com/?hl=en&gl=us - use this google link, English. Padlock green.

BUT if click on "Open home page" icon, have here error page of chrome-extension://jidgjlkcneagcmhbceljjampjgjgjije/newtab.html

Network connection error

Please check the spelling of the domain name, or check the network

Refresh page

- in Settings, "Open the home page" is unnotched.

If click on new tab, all is good, cause my setting "chrome://newtab/" under notched "Open a specific page or set of pages:"

360EE V11,sourceforge is green

hidao.org_2022-1-15_18-16-36.png

No, really. It's messed up. I can only assume the problem extends to other sites. Build 2250, same as on page 1.

Certificate problem on github:

github.png

This is literally what the front page of sourceforge looks like. Not exactly user friendly.

sourceforge.png

Edited by Hunterw

On 1/19/2022 at 12:07 AM, Hunterw said:

No, really. It's messed up. I can only assume the problem extends to other sites. Build 2250, same as on page 1.

Certificate problem on github:

github.png

This is literally what the front page of sourceforge looks like. Not exactly user friendly.

sourceforge.png

Root Certificates and Revoked Certificates for Windows XP - Page 3 - Windows XP - MSFN

Try this ???

@Mathwiz recommended I post this here:

7 hours ago, Mathwiz said:

Thanks, @InterLinked! Now I finally understand what a "polyfill" is!

Same reason there are multiple versions of 360EE: the older versions are lighter and thus run better on older hardware.

Which reminds me: your ChromeFill extension would be great for 360EE v11, which is based on Chromium 69. Lots of folks don't want to run the RAM-hogging v13. So you might want to post in the 360EE threads too.

BTW, the globalThis polyfill won't be as useful on NM 27 as on 28 because, of @roytam1's builds, only UXP browsers like NM 28 support Javascript modules. But it's probably still worth doing if possible.

I use Iron 70, which is a Chromium-based browser version from 2018.

Recently, there was a "great purge" in browser support caused by some newfandangled JavaScript popping up everywhere at once: https://blog.interlinked.us/66/when-the-world-wide-web-goes-on-strike-how-do-you-fight-back

I ended up writing a simple Chrome/Chromium extension to automatically polyfill webpages so things that stopped working in the browser, like StackOverflow, now fully work again.

This doesn't unbreak *EVERY* site (at the moment, only the globalThis polyfill is included) but the goal over time is to expand support by addressing all these breakages and unbreaking them.

Here is the project: https://github.com/InterLinked1/chromefill/

I imagine older versions of 360EE would likewise benefit. Newer, recent versions will not benefit.

so far Kafan minibrowser is working very well.. hoping you continue  translating it for new incoming versions

if works with heavy pages like facebook and others including youtube, that means it truly Works