360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

17 hours ago, hidao said:

I installed the Cert_Updater_v1.6.exe some days ,it fix some problems, but some other website dosn't work will

The other windows update pack couldn't installed in WinXP sp3 Pro

"installed"?

The tool I use is portable. Cert_Updater_v1.6. I still have red instead of green padlock on some sites.

I have started to use DCBrowser @Humming Owl and it seems pretty good overall. Are you planning to continue development? Question, did you remove the telemetry hard-code? Do I need a loader or just run the application? I'll need to use Ccleaner then to remove files and folders because even with clear at shutdown, it doesn't clean everything.

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by XPerceniol

I've been experimenting with Linux (several distros) and I have no issues but it messes with my master boot record when I go back to windows. Linux will do everything I need but run my stupid old HP Printer ... only 1 picks it up. Emmabuntus Debian 9 or 10, but, 11 is awful IMO.

Edited by XPerceniol

On 12/19/2021 at 7:22 PM, LuxLOL said:

@Humming Owl
I have put the "master_preferences" file in the main folder next to the "360chrome.exe" file.

Can also be used for registry entries (*.cmd):

@ECHO OFF
Reg Add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Applications\360chrome.exe" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "360Chrome" /f 1>NUL
Reg Add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Applications\360chrome.exe" /v "FriendlyTypeName" /t REG_SZ /d "360Chrome" /f 1>NUL
Reg Add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Applications\360chrome.exe\DefaultIcon" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "%ProgramFiles%\360EE Chrome\360chrome.exe,0" /f 1>NUL
Reg Add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Applications\360chrome.exe\shell" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "open" /f 1>NUL
Reg Add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Applications\360chrome.exe\shell\open\command" /ve /t REG_EXPAND_SZ /d "\"%ProgramFiles%\360EE Chrome\360chrome.exe\" --user-data-dir=\"%%"UserProfile"%%\Local Settings\Application Data\360EE Chrome\" -- \"%%1\"" /f 1>NUL
Reg Add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Applications\360chrome.exe\shell\open\ddeexec" /ve /f 1>NUL
PAUSE
EXIT

I'm trying to come up with a way to allow it to create the keys then manipulate them (disable what I want) and try to forbid further access to them so they will stay put; but I don't know how.

Edited by XPerceniol

3 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

I'm trying to come up with a way to allow it to create the keys then manipulate them (disable what I want) and try to forbid further access to them so they will stay put; but I don't know how.

Jeez , you seem to never used un-modified chrome ! It's hell. It even has "software repoting tool".

1 hour ago, XPerceniol said:

"installed"?

The tool I use is portable. Cert_Updater_v1.6. I still have red instead of green padlock on some sites.

I have started to use DCBrowser @Humming Owl and it seems pretty good overall. Are you planning to continue development? Question, did you remove the telemetry hard-code? Do I need a loader or just run the application? I'll need to use Ccleaner then to remove files and folders because even with clear at shutdown, it doesn't clean everything.

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks in advance.

Yes , it's a .exe program, and the problem same with you 

3 hours ago, Humming Owl said:

It is the same for me.

I think that issue is because the update files are for an English XP installation. I know some of those updates can be found in other languages but I know that at least one of them is only available on English.

If you want/can, you can install this XP (that supposedly has all updates except for quite a few that were known to cause issues with the OS), update the certificates with the tool mentioned before and test the browser there to see what happens. If nothing changes the only hope available will be someone making a patch to add newer certificate compatibility to XP. Or to use a Linux OS to avoid all problems.

Cheers.

I saw a posts before, someone exported win7 certificate file and imported it to XP,But I haven't tried 

1 hour ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Neither is telling people to use Linux on a thread entitled "Browsers working on Older NT-Family OSes" !!! !!! !!!

Seriously!  I get so d@mn tired of "use Linux, use Linux, use Linux".  But anywhoo...

Which Linux do you used? I remember that Chrome and Firefox both have the Linux version

10 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

I have started to use DCBrowser @Humming Owl and it seems pretty good overall. Are you planning to continue development? Question, did you remove the telemetry hard-code?

I seem to recall that @msfntor listed a very long list of IP Addresses that DCBrowser reaches out to.  I've never been satisfied with DCBrowser but it does still remain on my To-Do List.

I would encourage caution only in the sense that when 360Chrome was being "critiqued" for telemetry, we had between a dozen and two dozen folks doing that "critique".

msfntor is basically the ONLY person that has done any level of critiquing on DCBrowser.

14 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Jeez , you seem to never used un-modified chrome ! It's hell. It even has "software repoting tool".

I don't know, I never used Chrome all that much before this other than Iron, I would consider myself a Chrome newbie.

3 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Thank you, guys, will use caution and wait until I hear more from @Humming Owl and @msfntor before using it with any regularity. I do like to layout and I think I has potential. Hopefully, that will become a formidable option for us when finalized.

That's about DcBrowser...yes a formidable option for us when FINALIZED (please, @Humming Owl ...)

I find it nicer than 360EE...
Sure it has some unsolved problems until now, but so many positive things that I like, that as a result I  use it mainly.
Nice settings page, dark mode with Brightness setting (which I had set to 88%) and Timed activation (which I don't use), plus I had added Dark Background and Light Text extension. I use other extensions (like in my 360Chrome builds): uBlock O., Script Blocker Ultimate, No More Referrer, Ping Blocker, Browser JSGuard ( https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/browser-jsguard/ncpkigeklafkopcelcegambndlhkcbhb ), Privacy Settings (on Full Privacy), Ad Blocker for YouTube (v1.0.6 with ID: gmcmlg.....) that's all running, but I've qq. ext. not running (No History, Random User-Agent, Redirect Link Checker ..). The 360EE builds have to test purposes for now...

So @XPerceniol - you could use it, you too.

Edited by msfntor

19 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

I have started to use DCBrowser @Humming Owl and it seems pretty good overall. Are you planning to continue development?

For now I am finished with the browser, if I have to add something else I will post it here but in reality I think it will be simple stuff, nothing to worry about (calling it development sounds a little to complex, everyone could make what I did, I just happened to publish it for the people that would like to use it).

Question, did you remove the telemetry hard-code?

Yes. I've seen some of your posts in the other thread concerning telemetry registry keys being created by 360EE  and I wanted to say that the URL breaks that affected the unwanted connections also modified some of the registry values the browser makes. They are inoffensive. They just write up to the registry because the browser has functions to do so but nothing else is done with them (aside from those that store some of your settings to use on every launch of the browser).

Do I need a loader or just run the application?

You can run every of the browsers I posted with or without a launcher, what the launcher does is to remove files, write some registry entries to external ".reg" files to not write directly to the registry and facilitates the addition of custom flags to run the browser. I use all of the browsers I posted without a launcher because I know that it is save to use them.

I've been experimenting with Linux (several distros) and I have no issues but it messes with my master boot record when I go back to windows. Linux will do everything I need but run my stupid old HP Printer ... only 1 picks it up. Emmabuntus Debian 9 or 10, but, 11 is awful IMO.

I know that in some cases a Linux installation can affect the Windows installation but in general I think it is possible to use a "Install alongside Windows" option that can be set up through the same Windows installation or at the installation of the Linux OS. I've been using some Linux OS but haven't tried Debian directly only Debian-based ones and also other ones pretty interesting and weird. I would recommend you trying out these 2 Linux distros (I haven't tested them but I think I will leave Lubuntu over one of these) Q4OS and Raspberry Pi, both are focused on older hardware.

As for the printer issue, that is quite weird because with a Linux OS you literally don't have to deal with drivers as with Windows, it recognizes everything at installation, maybe your printer has private drivers or something like that?

18 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

This thread might be useful --> https://msfn.org/board/topic/102383-how-to-lock-a-registry-entry/

17 hours ago, hidao said:

I saw a posts before, someone exported win7 certificate file and imported it to XP,But I haven't tried 

I don't think that will make a difference because the problem is not with certificates, is with how XP handle those certificates.

Cheers.

Edited by Humming Owl