360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

13 minutes ago, UCyborg said:

So is XP and yet you're still using it.

Technically, I'd put that at right around 20-80.  80% of the time, I'm on XP.  20% of the time, I'm on 10.  And just like the UA is "dying", so is my XP and months (years?) down the road, that 20-80 will be 50-50.  Then 80-20.  Then 100-0.

12 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

So that's what I mean by "the UA is dying" - changing the UA four years ago would have removed that nag-banner on all 10, today it's 50-50, tomorrow it will be 0-for-10.

I hope, but I'm not sure. First they're saying user-agent is being phased out, now they're saying they're testing if their UA sniffing logic still works!?

It seems these days it's not as much about locking the website out entirely, but hiding features from the site if you're not on the "right" browser.

I actually started using Pale Moon's native user agent by default few months back and the experience wasn't so bad, even though I visited a couple of random websites since. And that's also an alien web browser for most of the population.

30 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I hope you were not accusing me of burying my head in the sand  :dubbio:

I don't believe there's a single person in the world that doesn't do it to some extent, so there's that. :P

2 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Even with me being on XP, even I'll admit that it's been a "tad" annoying as to the GIGANTIC number of posts in the "On decommissioning of update servers for 2000, XP, (and Vista?) as of July 2019" thread.  :whistle:

People here sure love Windows updates. I started to prefer to leave the OS alone when it comes to updates few years back as long as I'm aware that I don't have a problem which an update will definitely fix. Don't mind so much the updates themselves as the process itself, which always seems to leave the room for things going wrong in strange ways.

However, updates made past the OS mainstream support date, those I find the LEAST interesting.

23 hours ago, realisty said:

Regards,

@Humming Owl

one cuestion... it's safe to update Kafan Minibrowser just replacing all files from new translated package ?

please confirm

Sorry for the late answer. I think it is safe to replace the files. If you are asking because of your user data, as the folder containing your stuff is in other location I don't see a way something could happen to those files.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your nice work. Your modified version is a good choice for Chinese users who don't like 360 company. I would say a 360 extreme browser without 360 is good enough.

Is it possible to restore the web translation preference? We still need to translate webpages from foreign language to Simplified Chinese. Thanks again.

3 hours ago, Saturn198 said:

Thanks for your nice work. Your modified version is a good choice for Chinese users who don't like 360 company. I would say a 360 extreme browser without 360 is good enough.

Is it possible to restore the web translation preference? We still need to translate webpages from foreign language to Simplified Chinese. Thanks again.

Your welcome. Hope it is working properly.

I will take a look into that. Which version are you using?

Cheers.

16 hours ago, Saturn198 said:

Mate Translate 

沙拉查词

You can try these 2 extensions ,I think they will help you, If you are Chinese

19 hours ago, Humming Owl said:

Your welcome. Hope it is working properly.

I will take a look into that. Which version are you using?

Cheers.

I am using v12 and v13, trying to find out a better one. Please refer to the attached picture, the menu "翻译成English" should be "翻译成简体中文" in official version. It would be great if you can restore this function.

20220226211803.thumb.png.5baf73b05ee8ccc0bc1e8dee91825705.png

Edited by Saturn198
picture not attached

6 hours ago, hidao said:

Mate Translate 

沙拉查词

You can try these 2 extensions ,I think they will help you, If you are Chinese

The build-in translation is good enough and easy to use. I would prefer to use the integrated translation if possible. Thank you for the advice though.

11 hours ago, Saturn198 said:

I am using v12 and v13, trying to find out a better one. Please refer to the attached picture, the menu "翻译成English" should be "翻译成简体中文" in official version. It would be great if you can restore this function.

20220226211803.thumb.png.5baf73b05ee8ccc0bc1e8dee91825705.png

It is possible to restore. I tried making a patcher for you to be able to use (I don't want to reupload all files for that specific function) but failed because the patcher only works on Win7+. Are you familiar with HxD Hex Editor? I can tell you how to do the changes (it is a very simple change). If not I will see what else I can do.

As for the "English" string on the right-click menu, I don't have it (I checked from v9 to v13). Are you using the CN version from Internet Archive? It is all in Chinese characters to me.

Cheers.