Supermium

37 minutes ago, shelby said:

some sites need icomoon font also

Thank you very much, shelby, I don't use this browser (can't yet), but your suggestions allow me to finally leave behind those funny boxes, here and somewhere else. 

https://icomoon.io/LigatureFont.zip

8 hours ago, dmiranda said:

Thank you very much, shelby, I don't use this browser (can't yet), but your suggestions allow me to finally leave behind those funny boxes, here and somewhere else. 

https://icomoon.io/LigatureFont.zip

Yeah, I'm not able to use the browser yet either and am not sure how I'd even pull it off with little resources, but when the time comes in January, I'll still give it a shot anyway and I'm still quite novice in dealings with chrome browsers - I don't know what I'm doing most of the time - now that is a big shocker to all. Ha:buehehe:

Edited by XPerceniol

Folks, you should not need to download and install FontAwesome 4.7 manually. The browser should download it (temporarily) from MSFN itself, based on MSFN's CSS. If that's not happening automatically, it's a bug when running under Vista (although downloading and installing manually is an easy workaround, now that you know which font is needed).

@win32 has done a great job of making modern Chromium run under Vista, but we shouldn't be too surprised that it isn't quite perfect just yet.

On 12/18/2023 at 1:27 AM, Mathwiz said:

Folks, you should not need to download and install FontAwesome 4.7 manually. The browser should download it (temporarily) from MSFN itself, based on MSFN's CSS.

In mozilla forks, I block access to my fonts, except the ones I whitelist. I hope I can find a way to do the same with chrome.

8 hours ago, woi said:

For those who are curious about the progress of win32ss getting Supermium to run on XP. It's from a tester.

just in time. we have a new browser that supports MV3 extensions while google is about to dump the legacy chrome web store

360 chrome served me well for a long while now, it's significantly faster and doesn't stuggle like Serpent and the other sluggish variants 

9 hours ago, Milkinis said:

just in time. we have a new browser that supports MV3 extensions while google is about to dump the legacy chrome web store

360 chrome served me well for a long while now, it's significantly faster and doesn't stuggle like Serpent and the other sluggish variants 

I checked the Supermium page, there's no version for XP. 

"Chromium fork for Windows Vista, 7 and 8."

https://github.com/win32ss/supermium