Supermium

18 hours ago, VistaLover said:

... A technical explanation about all the above is to be found here ;) ; Microsoft :realmad: will no longer allow you to "hotlink" (directly to) GitHub user attachments (to save them bandwidth, so they're really being "cheap" here :angry: ) ...

Thanks very much for the explanation, didn't know that. That's really a pity, though, but I am not surprised, consider that it's, as you described, Microsoft.

Edited by mina7601

• 2 weeks later...

That's the truth of all trust (oligopolies-monopolies): clean up the field of competitors with free candy, then start extracting rents when it is you and your pals alone in the field.

12 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

But it's broken at the moment, it can't run on XP (and XP x64) nor Server 2003. See the Issues tab on GitHub.

Yea it's kinda buggy but it actually works for me, tested with fully patched XP. May not work through

Edited by woi

3 hours ago, D.Draker said:

5 Euro seems very reasonable, I'd pay (if I had XP), it's basically a cup of coffee once in a month.

From what is written, 5 is without VAT, with VAT you'd need to add 20% (for France). I don't know about the US VAT, but they will also have to add the conversion rates from USD to Euro and Euro is obviously more expensive. :D

But yeah, it's not much, agree.

2 hours ago, Dixel said:

"-In particular, the flags #disable-encryption and #disable-machine-id now make Supermium user data portable

if enabled."

Yes, thanks, I saw that, but what did he mean by "make user data portable", does the browser still create folders in the system, does it still write to the registry, or not?