Supermium

33 minutes ago, Dixel said:

They say you need to purchase Supermium Plus Package subscription for €5 / month (plus VAT) first, then they claim it works.

if you dont necessarily need to have it installed on your computer, you can simply extract the normal installer from github with 7zip and it runs just fine on XP. at least it did for me.

2 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Yes, thanks, I saw that, but what did he mean by "make user data portable", does the browser still create folders in the system, does it still write to the registry, or not?

I'm sorry, I have no way of knowing, though it's safe to assume it's still not, since the word is quoted. I'm more curious about the "script the browser needs to run".

The "portable" distribution will have a launch script with these flags enabled as well as a data
directory in the same directory as the executable.

3 hours ago, athlonxpuser said:

if you dont necessarily need to have it installed on your computer, you can simply extract the normal installer from github with 7zip and it runs just fine on XP. at least it did for me.

Is this legal to circumvent the installation of a paid product?

22 minutes ago, athlonxpuser said:

I just tried that and this is the error I get when trying to run (both) setup and mini installer. 

spacer.png

I just tittled it "broken" for now, of course. I used 7 zip and this is what came up for me, is that right or am I just nutz (wait ... maybe I shouldn't ask that ... hehe)?:P

Edited by XPerceniol

that's still the installer. you have to extract it further until you have the "chrome-bin" directory with an executable called "chrome.exe" located in it.

This is very confusing, is the browser portable, or not? Or only the installer is portable? Does it write to the registry, or not? Thanks for the answer.

you should read what win32 posted on github

spacer.png

Thanks, I read that, but I still don't understand, what does "portable distribution" mean? What other ways of "distribution" there may be?

Edited by Dixel
typo

First rename the ...setup.exe to setup.zip then extract the mini installer to desktop. Then run it and it will show a folder which the chrome bin folder is in a zip file. Extract it to anywhere you like it

Edited by shelby

6 minutes ago, shelby said:

First rename the ...setup.exe to setup.zip then extract the mini installer to desktop. Then run it and it will show a folder which the chrome bin folder is in a zip file. Extract it to anywhere you like it

It still doesn't launch...