January 1st 2019 / still 4%

caliber

16 minutes ago, sdfox7 said:

Windows XP had about 26% market share at the end of support in April 2014.

How they could drop 1/4 of their users, that's crazy. That company made billionaires and that's how they treat those who made them so rich. I hope they will pay for that someday.

Edited by hotnuma

• 4 weeks later...

6 hours ago, someguy25 said:

https://imgur.com/a/tHOwW9W

tears only falling by seeing these numbers 

Oh... so it dropped from 4.54% to 2.76% and it has been surpassed by Windows 8.1, what a shame...

Businesses moved on amid fears of the end of support...

There are relatively few machines left now and the "meaningful date" is getting closer, but steady we go towards uncharted territories... (just like Brexit).

https://netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?options={"filter"%3A{"%24and"%3A[{"deviceType"%3A{"%24in"%3A["Desktop%2Flaptop"]}}]}%2C"dateLabel"%3A"Custom"%2C"attributes"%3A"share"%2C"group"%3A"platformVersion"%2C"sort"%3A{"share"%3A-1}%2C"id"%3A"platformsDesktopVersions"%2C"dateInterval"%3A"Monthly"%2C"dateStart"%3A"2019-01"%2C"dateEnd"%3A"2019-01"%2C"segments"%3A"-1000"}

On 1/5/2019 at 10:44 PM, hotnuma said:

How they could drop 1/4 of their users, that's crazy. That company made billionaires and that's how they treat those who made them so rich. I hope they will pay for that someday.

That will happen very soon.

Once windows 7 die , windows 10 will be disaster. People will move to Mac OS or Linux . Mind my words

23 minutes ago, Dibya said:

Once windows 7 die , windows 10 will be disaster. People will move to Mac OS or Linux . Mind my words

Businesses take forever and a day to implement anything new (or different), so I don't think they'll switch just like that. Regular folks could go to Apple but the entry barrier is high ($$$). And Linux is amazing, but most normal folks don't even know what it is, and it does take a lot more personal involvement to have a system that works as users intend it to (how to install apps, some apps might not have a native linux app, finding alternatives, etc.). For the regular user I think ChromeOS (in chromebooks) is a much bigger thread to Microsoft than Apple or any of the many Linux distros. In education Chromebooks are already huge and Microsoft is trying to get into that market again with what will be Windows Lite (I think?).

On 1/5/2019 at 8:13 AM, TrevMUN said:

I don't suppose there's a way we could get this working for XP64, is there?

The quickest solution is probably ProxHTTPSProxyMII v1.5:

On 1/28/2019 at 2:26 PM, Mathwiz said:

The versions of ProxHTTPSProxyMII we've been using all derive from version 1.4 of the original, but apparently it's still being maintained by the original author, and last June a version 1.5 was released with some changes....

The full version, compiled with Python 3.4, is at http://jjoe.proxfilter.net/ProxHTTPSProxyMII/files/ProxHTTPSProxyMII 1.5 34cx_freeze5.0.1urllib3v1.22Win32OpenSSL_Light-1_0_2o-1_1_0h.zip. (Whew; what a file name)

Works for IE8 and Chrome. @Thomas S. has made an updated version of the above; PM him if interested.

On 2/1/2019 at 7:45 PM, Dibya said:

It's going to be very interesting if we see tech journalism (followed by everyone who bought the FUD) treat 7 users in 2020 the same way they treated XP users since 2014.

On 2/2/2019 at 8:05 PM, Mathwiz said:

The quickest solution is probably ProxHTTPSProxyMII v1.5:

Works for IE8 and Chrome. @Thomas S. has made an updated version of the above; PM him if interested.

That's not the same thing as @heinoganda's ProxHTTPSProxy is it?

Edited by TrevMUN

The latest version of ProxHTTPSProxyMII v1.5 (Rev3a) uses the latest Python script from http://www.prxbx.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=2191.

@Mathwiz

At this point I had announced the updated version

@TrevMUN

I already sent you a PM on Thursday at 10:33 PM (01/31/2019).

:yes:

Edited by heinoganda