Last versions of software for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008

WinClient5270

32 minutes ago, shelby said:

Oracle VM VirtualBox 6.1.40 the last version it works on Vista

Can confirm. 7.0.0 installs normally but unfortunately it shows "This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem." error upon launch. The latest test build of 6.1.x (6.1.41) does still work though.

According to its Release Notes, the well-known H/W-monitoring tool Core Temp has dropped Vista SP2 support in its 64-bit edition:

Version 1.18 - 4th December, 2022

(redacted for brevity)

- Change: Windows Vista 64-bit is no longer supported

Thus, CoreTemp-1.17.1-x64 would be the last that natively supports VistaSP2_x64... 

The InnoSetup installer (the same for both Vista x86 and x64) is no longer offered from the author's site (only the ZIPPED "portable" version is), but it has been archived below:

https://archive.org/details/core-temp-setup_20220226

Current version 1.18 will successfully install and run under Vista SP2 x86, but it's plagued by this bug, so I had to revert to previous v1.17.1 (on my Vista SP2 32-bit laptop) ...

On 12/23/2022 at 5:01 PM, Vistapocalypse said:

Opinions of Kaspersky vary. 

In that case, we'd be delighted to know your opinion of North Korean browsers, Iranian firewalls, Cuban operating systems and antiviruses made in Karl-Marx-Stadt.

3 hours ago, D.Draker said:

In that case, we'd be delighted to know your opinion of North Korean browsers, Iranian firewalls, Cuban operating systems and antiviruses made in Karl-Marx-Stadt.

can you just stop passively hating everyone that isn't matching your opinions and, at the same time, stop kissing the a** of everyone that does? you sure need a tin foil hat

3 hours ago, winvispixp said:

can you just stop passively hating everyone that isn't matching your opinions and, at the same time, stop kissing the a** of everyone that does? you sure need a tin foil hat

Why are you so worried about me and my life ? And watch your language, dude.

EDIT: I was under the impression they teach how to use capitalization in sentences, even in public schools.

Edited by D.Draker

1 hour ago, D.Draker said:

Why are you so worried about me and my life ?

You have demonstrated over and over and over again on this forum that you can not take "constructive criticism".

You have the very unique ability to pick a fight with inanimate objects, so you can only imagine how you come across to those of us that are "animated".

You have the very unique ability to walk into an EMPTY ROOM and come out with blood on your knuckles.

Most of us here have just grown to "accept" it, you are who you are.

But so are we, we are who we are.

I hate the phrase, but I'll use it anyway - "it is what it is".

I understand why “ArcticFoxie” chose a new screen name. I just unblocked this fellow last week, my mistake! I did not argue against his opinion (I never used Kaspersky), only pointed out that it is listed here (they never check before posting) and that MSFN has advanced users who use Kaspersky. If extended kernel users have got better antivirus alternatives working, I’m afraid they have failed to point that out in the appropriate threads. (This is still not an extended kernel thread.)

I can't believe what happened with this forum over time :( 

I remember myself discovering friendly place that helped me with my passion of using windows vista. Now it is full of hate comments and arguing over the most stupid stuff. Thanks to few mean people here.. :(

Sorry I had to express my feelings

eventually things will change here and were heading in the right direction with how to do it so far (still a long way to go thou) bringing in more moderators would help alot as well

Edited by legacyfan