Last versions of software for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008

WinClient5270

On 9/27/2022 at 8:53 PM, WinClient5270 said:

Hello everyone. I must extend my sincere apologies for being inactive here this year. My life has changed dramatically over the past year, from walking away from a toxic relationship, to putting myself through therapy to recover from the trauma that it caused me, to finding someone new, to working at the Post Office every day and that taking up most of my energy (as @LoneCrusader can relate ;)) the time has just gotten away from me, and I haven't made the time that I should have to keep this list up to date.

With that being said, I am setting up a virtual machine of stock (NO extended kernel) Windows Vista to test software on, and continuing my obligation of providing Vista users with the best and most up-to-date resource available when it comes to running their favorite software on their preferred operating system. I am going to go through nearly every entry still listed as ONG as of October 2020, and find out which ones no longer fit the label of ONG, and try to narrow down exactly the final versions of these pieces of software to run on Vista, and list them here accordingly. I will also be going through and fixing every broken link I can find, as I'm sure a lot of them have stopped working over the past couple of years.

Thank you all so much for your patience and understanding. I hope everyone here is happy, healthy & doing well! :D
(Screenshot of VM so you know I'm serious about this ;):

t8ruNLC.png

thanks @WinClient5270 for all the work you do on this!

• 3 weeks later...

Which makes me seriously ponder just how informative or useful a thread like this is.

If you weren't reading a week at a time in 2016 when the thread started, just how many people are going to read 76 pages before posting?

Aren't these types of threads intended more for the person that was here in 2016 and monitored it ever since?

And not for anybody that stumbles upon it only to be asked to read just under SEVEN YEARS of posts before they get slapped in the face with a "already listed"?  :buehehe:

4 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Which makes me seriously ponder just how informative or useful a thread like this is.

If you weren't reading a week at a time in 2016 when the thread started, just how many people are going to read 76 pages before posting?

Aren't these types of threads intended more for the person that was here in 2016 and monitored it ever since?

And not for anybody that stumbles upon it only to be asked to read just under SEVEN YEARS of posts before they get slapped in the face with a "already listed"?  :buehehe:

I am still working on editing the list and keeping it up to date. While Windows Vista Extended Kernel has made the list somewhat obsolete, not everyone wants to or can use the extended kernel (namely x86 users). I just haven’t been able to keep up with it lately due to things happening in my personal life, but I’m going to try to resume working on it soon. 

Unless you have contributions of your own, you can keep your disrespectful comments to yourself :angry: I’ve poured a lot of blood, sweat & tears into this list since 2016, and I think it’s one of the best resources for Windows Vista users today.

To anyone who wants to know if an application is already listed, press Ctrl+F in your browser and search for the application name. 

6 minutes ago, WinClient5270 said:

I am still working on editing the list and keeping it up to date. While Windows Vista Extended Kernel has made the list somewhat obsolete, not everyone wants to or can use the extended kernel (namely x86 users). I just haven’t been able to keep up with it lately due to things happening in my personal life, but I’m going to try to resume working on it soon. 

Unless you have contributions of your own, you can keep your disrespectful comments to yourself :angry: I’ve poured a lot of blood, sweat & tears into this list since 2016, and I think it’s one of the best resources for Windows Vista users today.

To anyone who wants to know if an application is already listed, press Ctrl+F in your browser and search for the application name. 

I think your doing a good thing for the whole vista community and I extremely appreciate everything you do here (your what inspired me to become a vista user)

Edited by legacyfan

1 hour ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Fascinating prerogative. So do you have a contribution to make? Or are you here just to backseat? There's places for shenanigans like this, *coughs* r/Windows :whistle:

1 hour ago, WinClient5270 said:

I’ve poured a lot of blood, sweat & tears into this list since 2016, and I think it’s one of the best resources for Windows Vista users today.

I agree, this is actually a great software list, and it will never be forgotten. Thank you very much for your work on this list, it's appreciated.

5 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Dear GAWD, that was awfully rude ! @WinClient5270surely doesn't deserve such "treatment".

In defense of @NotHereToPlayGames, I think he meant if there is anything useful in this thread that isn't in the list in the first post, it is likely to be missed, eg. Sound Blaster X-Fi MB3, which I brought up years ago. Though this program is EOL since, so it cannot be run on any OS unless you have it activated since activation server was online or you're in possession of a bypass for its licensing system (or are willing to figure it out on your own), which cannot be discussed here.