Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. Windows 7 - Drive Lettering

Hi, I wonder if someone can please help. I dual boot XP & Win 7. The HDD lettering in Win 7 (In My Computer) is as follows. Is there any way to change the partition / drive lettering? Basically, I wanted to have XP as C:\ and Win 7 as D:\ [the drive lettering on DATA (E:\)] is fine. Here is a pic taken from the net where the Win 7 boot / active partition is not labelled as C:\ but as E:\. Also, can someone please tell me if that is possible in XP. This is my current layout. I wanted to have the following: XP on C:\ is fine. But I wanted to have Win7 as D:\ and DATA on E:\ Can this also be done please? Many thanks for any info provided Cheers
  4. NTFS support in Win 98/SE/ME?

I don't think it is possible at all. Maybe (just maybe) there could be a way to disable the one (and enable the other) on-the-fly (when needed) but no ideas on how to do that. Since I don't believe you need to write to BOTH a NTFS internal drive AND to a USB NTFS formatted volume at the same time and at the most you might want to have read only access to one of the two and read/write access to the other, maybe really using the diskinternals thingy for the read volume and either the NTFS for Windows 98 OR the Paragon driver for the write volume might work. jaclaz
  5. Foce close programs on shutdown

Hello Recently I created a bat file that syncs a folder via SSH using winscp. The cmd shell is hidden by a program called window.exe and opens at startup. the problem is that every time I gotta showdown windows needs to force end that task is there any way of forcing windows 95 on ending programs at shutdown without prompting for ask? I know that there are command lines shortcuts and so, but is it possible to modify the original start menu shutdown option? thank you
  6. NTFS support in Win 98/SE/ME?

Well, I was hoping to use the Paragon for USB only so I didn't have to boot into WinXP whenever I use USB drives. You got any ideas on how to mixed them up? I have loaded them both statically or at least I think I have. But when both on the system at the same time, no access and a bunch of crashes on the NTFS drives. Maybe I'm missing something.
  7. gaming mouse go for one handed gameplay

I use an older Logitech MX518, works great with fps, but it really depends on which fps youre thinking. Many of them have a lot of controls. Many use WSAD for movement, so you could probably set the mouse wheel click to be Forward, while mouse look will let you go left / right. Also fps games like to have mouse wheel up / down to switch weapons, you could set it to only be one direction, and use the other for a different function, like on mousewheel scroll down to jump (which is usually assigned to spacebar). If i was in your situation (sorry to hear about it, hope every day gets easier for you), i might look into one of those pedals for racing games, and set gas / brakes to be forward / backward, so you save 2 extra binds for the mouse, but i have never used one of them, so im not sure how easy it would be to assign.
  8. NTFS support in Win 98/SE/ME?

You need to add in DOS the Avira NTFS4DOS and the diskinternals (read only) driver: maybe mixing them up and shaking well wiil help. Seriously now why would you want to have them running side-by -side? jaclaz
  9. Intel USB 3.0 xHCI XP driver

Its long time, any news?
  10. I wasnt here half a year any new about new chipsets - AM4 - Axx, or Intel Z170,Z270,Z370 support?
  11. I wasnt here half a year any new about new chipsets - AM4 - Axx, or Intel Z170,Z270,Z370 support?
  12. Compatible Hardware with Windows 9x

I wasnt here half a year any new about new chipsets - AM4 - Axx, or Intel Z170,Z270,Z370 support?
  13. When attempting to access "Settings" in Advanced Chrome 54, I experience the follow issue. If I 1) rename C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\pepflashplayer32_29_0_0_125.dll to pepflashplayer.dll, will this fix the issue, and 2) will doing that create any other issues due to dependencies within the system? I'm not sure why it's calling the Flash Player from the System32 directory since Advanced Chrome has PepperFlash in its own directory:
  14. NTFS support in Win 98/SE/ME?

A while back I was trying to set the Paragon NTFS driver for USB only and Sysinternals for internal usage. Having both of the drivers at the same time will crash the system when trying to access NTFS drives. Anyone know how to run them side-by-side?
  15. @roytam1 Thanks for the latest Pale Moon update, as usual!
  16. I'have redowload the package and surfing for an hour now with it without issue Thanks !
  17. NTFS support in Win 98/SE/ME?

At the time there were two "parallel" firms, BOTH with Mark Russinovich and Bryce Cogswell behind them. Here are a couple related archived pages circa 2002: The Freeware was branded Sysinternals and was publicly available at sysinternals.com: https://web.archive.org/web/20021004022819/http://www.sysinternals.com:80/ntw2k/freeware/ntfswin98.shtml whilst the Commercial software was branded Winternals and was NOT publicly available, you needed to buy a license to access the downloads: https://web.archive.org/web/20021015170231/http://www.winternals.com:80/products/fct/ntfswin98.asp Of course you won't find the "full paid-for read/write version" if not - possibly - on some Warez site, as it was (and is) illegal to redistribute. jaclaz
  18. no more iTunes Store for XP/Vista from May 2018

@heinoganda My assumption is that this development is due to outdated SSL/TLS components. I wonder if your work on the SSL components can be applied to components within the iTunes program files/directories, to help iTunes 11/iTunes 12 continue functioning after May 25. EDIT: This Apple page seems to indicate that iTunes connections are entirely dependent on Internet Explorer properties: iTunes for Windows: If iTunes can’t establish a secure connection to the iTunes Store
  19. You may redownload package since I recompiled some components so it won't use unsupported instructions in old CPUs, If problem persists, you may attach "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Dr Watson\drwtsn32.log" to here as well.
  20. gaming mouse go for one handed gameplay

maybe,no one can tell you for certain you might give it a try with a cheap/basic one to see if it helps and if you feel its worth it then try a better one.
  21. I tested this 32bits noSSE on my old AMD machine and it crash after some minutes the previous build from last week (20180310) run without issue see the dump file and the screen capture a421_appcompat.txt
  22. hi all, can anyone help? 4 years ago i had a severe stroke and was left paralysed on my left side so basically i only have one hand i can use. What i was wondering is i would really like to play fps games. Do you think i would be ble to would play with a gaming mouse?. This is what i keep thinking about , would a gaming mouse any good for me? What do you guys think?. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks..
  23. Latest Version of Software Running on XP

I'm bilnd then.
  24. NTFS support in Win 98/SE/ME?

I've been using the Paragon NTFS driver on Windows 98SE for many years, and have never had any problem with it. In fact when I first got it, i wasn't aware that there was any other alternative. Of course I have a multi-boot machine, so I only need it to be able to read the files on NTFS drives when I'm booted into 98SE, I never have to use it for writing. @jaclaz I downloaded the Sysinternals version from your Wayback Machine link. I thought I should keep a copy of it in case it ever disappears. Is it the read only version though, as the page says? If so, presumably the full paid-for read/write version isn't now available anywhere?
  25. Latest Version of Software Running on XP

What part of the post quoted below did you fail to understand?
  26. Latest Version of Software Running on XP

Anyone here able to run either versions of Skype in XP? I am having trouble figuring if pre-7.40 version support has been axed completely by MS or if it's something on my side.
  27. Is there any way to remove posready hack?

Which - for those not familiar with the Wayback Machine (archive.org) equates to: https://archive.org/ input the URL in the search field: https://web.archive.org/web/20160115000000*/http://www.pcdisktools.com/download/PCRegedit.iso https://web.archive.org/web/20160103165653/http://www.pcdisktools.com/download/PCRegedit.iso jaclaz
  1. Load more activity