360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

Like I said, Snake Oil.  There really is never any "debate until the end of time" over something that REALLY WORKS!  ie, Placebo Effect.

So yeah, use it if you want to, don't use it if you don't want to.  "Brilliant" marketing!  I think you know which side I fall on  :cool:

To each their own.  Just don't get all hostile towards me just because I have a different opinion in that "debate until the end of time"  :dubbio:

5 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Like I said, Snake Oil.  There really is never any "debate until the end of time" over something that REALLY WORKS!  ie, Placebo Effect.

So yeah, use it if you want to, don't use it if you don't want to.  "Brilliant" marketing!  I think you know which side I fall on  :cool:

To each their own.  Just don't get all hostile towards me just because I have a different opinion in that "debate until the end of time"  :dubbio:

Browsers like Chrome, Firefox, and unfortunately, Mypal 68, too, all of them have a lot of problems in their memory management. Nowadays, the developers do not matter at all how much memory is used by their programs, unfortunately. New computers are equipped with a huge amount of RAM. For running those browsers on my old, slow, and beloved computer, I have to do a lot to reduce RAM consumption because a RAM extension was and is not possible due to its motherboard layout. I am a logically thinking person thinking.gif, and I don't believe anything at all due to my mathematical, technical, scientific, and philological background. Trial and error is the main principle! What you called pejoratively "snake oil", helps me a lot in very special situations, but not in general. I am not a friend of such common and rather meaningless statements. Truth be told, most of all memory manager I tested in the past are crap and don't do anything reasonable at all. But, there are exceptions. On my computer, low on RAM, I can perfectly observe how programs behave and what they do if the system runs out of free RAM. Mypal 68 in combination with Firemin Portable 6.3.1.5105 works much better than without it. The browser behaves more fluently while loading websites. Its memory consumption and releasing of occupied RAM can be improved in this way, "but cannot work miracles" which you forgot to quote from me :whistle: (That, I don't like, either. Full quotation or nothing, but no selecting in one sentence!). Here is the full quotation of my statement:

It permanently reduces the browser's memory consumption in the background, but cannot work miracles:)

And, just to complete it, I do have another "snake oilserpentbleu.gif for you which is able to work system-wide in Windows. It's the program CleanMem Pro. Many years ago, I bought a license for it. A free version is available, too. Here is the link: https://www.pcwintech.com/cleanmem. I only use this on my old Windows XP computer. But you have to configure it very carefully! Anyway, all these measures and many others I don't want to list here lead to an improvement in regard to the RAM consumption in my system. No more and no less! jexplique.gif

Greetings from Germany, AstroSkipper ecrire-ordi.gif

PS: I don't know what hostility you are talking about. vertsennuie.gif I can't see any such one. You are a good guy! Anyway, there is a nice saying in the German language: "Wer im Glashaus sitzt, sollte nicht mit Steinen werfen!". Translated: "Who sits in a glass house should not throw stones!". :)  BTW, it's just a metaphor, of course! :hello:

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

Hi to all,

Those with memory problems in addition to the various tricks that can be used in the browsers settings try using a DNS even with ad blocking (remember that cosmetic filtering is not provided).
Excellent is ControlD with full OISD:

https://kb.controld.com/3rd-party-filters

https://oisd.nl/includedlists/full/0

list (which has a huge number of lists) and does not slow down browsing.
Eliminate all included lists from your aAdBlocker.

Edited by Sampei.Nihira

Hmm, for your RAM problems, try (is portable, free) DTaskManager - and if you click on process, you have two possibilities: Trim RAM Usage, and Trim RAM to all processes.

But my PC works good already, so ... "this never improved process performance apparently, here. I didn't see any improvement."

Edited by msfntor

Can multiple processes be disabled in 360 chrome v13?

If it can,how?I'm new to chrome browsers having never used one in the past other than briefly trying one many years ago that was horrible.

14 hours ago, ADMM said:

Can multiple processes be disabled in 360 chrome v13?

If it can,how?I'm new to chrome browsers having never used one in the past other than briefly trying one many years ago that was horrible.

I don't believe so, and V13 is very greedy and you have to tame it and pretty much kill off anything not needed on the background to use it. I have put in my 500MB and now 2.5 GB is ram is a (little) better, but my ram sticks are VERY old an unreliable.

I also use Wise Tray by itself to free ram.

On 8/24/2022 at 3:42 PM, msfntor said:

Hmm, for your RAM problems, try (is portable, free) DTaskManager - and if you click on process, you have two possibilities: Trim RAM Usage, and Trim RAM to all processes.

But my PC works good already, so ... "this never improved process performance apparently, here. I didn't see any improvement."

is this what you are mentioning?

https://www.softpedia.com/publisher/Dimio-36857.html

I will try it today :)

34 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

In my opinion, there wasn't a need to download it from Softpedia, here's the download link from it's homepage: http://dimio.altervista.org/eng/#DTaskManager

I'm not saying downloading it from Softpedia (or other websites than the software's homepage) is bad, I mean, I prefer downloading it from the original page if it's still available.

FWIW, I've been using DTaskManager for many years, and it is very good, but I found the latest current version 1.57 to be very unstable on my XP system.
Give it a try, but if you have problems, I have a copy of the previous version 1.53 which works fine for me.
:)

3 hours ago, Dave-H said:

I have a copy of the previous version 1.53 which works fine for me.

Do you have the .paf version by chance?  If not, I'll take the non-paf to test.  Tried 18 different versions of Firemin and they all CRASHED 360Chrome v13.5 on a 1GB RAM system.

edit - just tried 1.51 .paf and 1.57 .paf, you have to MANUALLY trim RAM and it didn't really seem to do anything.  Guess I'll keep experimenting...

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

12 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

I don't believe so, and V13 is very greedy and you have to tame it and pretty much kill off anything not needed on the background to use it. I have put in my 500MB and now 2.5 GB is ram is a (little) better, but my ram sticks are VERY old an unreliable.

I also use Wise Tray by itself to free ram.

That sucks.Multiple processes can be disabled in Mypal 68 but not 360 chrome.Maybe someone else will chime in on this.