360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

8 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

I'm use the Latest Serpent and Mypal now without any serious issues. Good luck ;)

I've used Mypal,Mypal68 and Serpent but they don't work with some websites.This 360 Chrome 13 and 13.5 works on websites the other three don't so far.

I still use the latest Mypal68 but haven't used Serpent in awhile.

13 hours ago, ADMM said:

I've used Mypal,Mypal68 and Serpent but they don't work with some websites.This 360 Chrome 13 and 13.5 works on websites the other three don't so far.

I still use the latest Mypal68 but haven't used Serpent in awhile.

I totally agree with you ! My opinion about Firefox is also very low. Try MiniBrowser version 87.0.4280.66 by @Humming Owl. It doesn't have the famous taskbar, but works better with newer websites . Guess there was a drastic change between chrome's 86 and 87 engines.

51 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

I totally agree with you ! My opinion about Firefox is also very low. Try MiniBrowser version 87.0.4280.66 by @Humming Owl. It doesn't have the famous taskbar, but works better with newer websites . Guess there was a drastic change between chrome's 86 and 87 engines.

Never tried MiniBrowser! Is it heavy on system resources as 360chrome v13 and v13.5? And, what about telemetry or spyware inside? :dubbio: It's a Chinese browser, isn't it? :)

1 hour ago, AstroSkipper said:

Never tried MiniBrowser! Is it heavy on system resources as 360chrome v13 and v13.5? And, what about telemetry or spyware inside? :dubbio: It's a Chinese browser, isn't it? :)

I also was unable to use MiniBrowser on my XP system with 2GB on ram (2.5 if I put in my failing 500MB stick) and I thought it (the browser) was not vetted properly and not finished by @Humming Owl and he gave up on it along with DC Browser (I still use). I was under the impression they were abandoned.

Are you guys saying, V13.5 is as good as it gets for Chromium on XP?

Edited by XPerceniol

2 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

MiniBrowser! Is it heavy on system resources as 360chrome v13 and v13.5? And, what about telemetry or spyware inside? :dubbio: It's a Chinese browser, isn't it? :)

Hi , sorry I wouldn't know . I have a fairly decent pc for the internet usage Fujitsu Siemens Celsius (BTX full tower). I don't know was it made by the Frisians or not . lol.

But says Made in Germany ! The specs are 16GB DDR3 RAM , 4 core Xeon + Nvidia Titan 12GB VRAM. It's very fast on it !

No spyware inside , some connections I blocked , mostly to the search engine providers and google telemetry. It's no different than a standard chrome in that regard, I guess.

Yes , chinese.

2 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

I also was unable to use MiniBrowser on my XP system with 2GB on ram (2.5 if I put in my failing 500MB stick) and I thought it (the browser) was not vetted properly and not finished by @Humming Owl and he gave up on it along with DC Browser (I still use). I was under the impression they were abandoned.

Are you guys saying, V13.5 is as good as it gets for Chromium on XP?

Did you run it with flags ? You could try with Dixel's super launcher (if he gave it to you). You gotta rename the main executable to the same name as the 360 and start from that location.

My Frisian Siemens actually supports 32GB of RAM , but I removed 2 sticks recently and left it at 16 , it's more than enough and less heat , lol. 

I don't game on that PC anyways , I game on another one

12.0 and 13.0 was buggy for me . 13.5 was fine unitil this spring and very fast . @XPerceniol, seeing drr2 is like 2 bucks per module , perhaps it's time to add one stick ? Sorry , I understand it's none of my business.

EDIT : could order by the USPS , no need to go out to the stores , I used to order lots of stuff and then hired a man for a small fee who just gathered it all at the post office.

Edited by D.Draker

6 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Hi , sorry I wouldn't know . I have a fairly decent pc for the internet usage Fujitsu Siemens Celsius (BTX full tower). I don't know was it made by the Frisians or not . lol.

But says Made in Germany ! The specs are 16GB DDR3 RAM , 4 core Xeon + Nvidia Titan 12GB VRAM. It's very fast on it !

No spyware inside , some connections I blocked , mostly to the search engine providers and google telemetry. It's no different than a standard chrome in that regard, I guess.

Yes , chinese.

smilie-m-006.gif
Description of of a time-period correct computer running Windows XP owned by an infamous Frisian (I also have others but not running Windows XP). My Windows XP computer is equipped with a Pentium 4 2.8 GHz Northwood single core CPU and only 1.5 GB SD-RAM. and can't be upgraded anymore due to the motherbord's layout. No SSD, no SATA but IDE hard disks, and the graphic card is NVIDIA 6200 AGP 4x. A more recent desktop computer will be built by me in the next weeks. metiers1.gif At the moment, no time to do that! temps1.gifAnyway, presumably, no hardware for running MiniBrowser without getting more grey hair than I already have! papy07.gif

Cheers, AstroSkipper ntars.gif   

Edited by AstroSkipper
addition

3 hours ago, D.Draker said:

... @XPerceniol, seeing drr2 is like 2 bucks per module , perhaps it's time to add one stick ? Sorry , I understand it's none of my business.

EDIT : could order by the USPS , no need to go out to the stores , I used to order lots of stuff and then hired a man for a small fee who just gathered it all at the post office.

No worry, I always appreciate any advice. Thank you ;)

1 hour ago, AstroSkipper said:

smilie-m-006.gif
Description of of a time-period correct computer running Windows XP owned by an infamous Frisian (I also have others but not running Windows XP). My Windows XP computer is equipped with a Pentium 4 2.8 GHz Northwood single core CPU and only 1.5 GB SD-RAM. No SSD, no SATA but IDE hard disks, and the graphic card is NVIDIA 6200 AGP 4x. A more recent one will be built by me in the next weeks. metiers1.gif At the moment, no time to do that! temps1.gifAnyway, presumably, no hardware for running MiniBrowser without getting more grey hair than I already have! papy07.gif

Cheers, AstroSkipper ntars.gif   

<OT>

Grey mustache and grey beard and long (almost totally) grey hair here, as well. I earned every strand ;)

<OT>

Edited by XPerceniol

12 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Description of a time-period correct computer running Windows XP

A PC made in, let's say, 2006-07 would also be a valid/legit/correct for XP, no ? I still have a Siemens PC made in Feb. 2007 and it has a sticker with XP serial number on it . It was sold like that with XP factory pre-installed. It has Nvidia 8800 GTS card , 4GB DDR2 RAM , G31 board with a Q6600 CPU and 500GB HDD, all original. Was an expensive son of a gun, lol . 2000 Euro or even more , I don't remember exactly now. 

So if I was an XP fan, I wouldn't torture myself with that Pentium, but that's just me , and again , it's none of my business. I understand it could have a nostalgic value.

8 hours ago, D.Draker said:

A PC made in, let's say, 2006-07 would also be a valid/legit/correct for XP, no ? I still have a Siemens PC made in Feb. 2007 and it has a sticker with XP serial number on it . It was sold like that with XP factory pre-installed. It has Nvidia 8800 GTS card , 4GB DDR2 RAM , G31 board with a Q6600 CPU and 500GB HDD, all original. Was an expensive son of a gun, lol . 2000 Euro or even more , I don't remember exactly now. 

So if I was an XP fan, I wouldn't torture myself with that Pentium, but that's just me , and again , it's none of my business. I understand it could have a nostalgic value.

Hello @D.Draker! It's not really a torture to use my old computer. Yes, this machine is slow and low on system resources, but very stable and reliable. A computer that has grown older with me and has never let me down despite unbelievable disasters. It would be difficult for me to send it to retirement. Every screw, modification or repair was done by me personally. I know this machine inside out. Now do you understand what the problem is? :) And, of course, your machine you descibed above is time-period correct for running Windows XP! :yes:

Edited by AstroSkipper
correction

2 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Hello @D.Draker! It's not really a torture to use my old computer. Yes, this machine is slow and low on system tesources, but very stable and reliable. A computer that has grown older with me and has never let me down despite unbelievable disasters. It would be difficult for me to send it to retirement. Every screw, modification or repair was done by me personally. I know this machine inside out. Now do you understand what the problem is? :) And, of course, your machine you descibed above is time-period correct for running Windows XP! :yes:

I totally understand ! Though you can use another PC for the internet so you could run 13.5 version on it. I have several PCs , but then again , I have lots of spare space to place them.