360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

On 8/18/2022 at 12:21 PM, AstroSkipper said:
On 8/18/2022 at 3:12 AM, ADMM said:

Ah,I see.

You gave a version number and I didn't know there was an installer and portable version.The download site didn't specify.

I can't find a portable version 6.3.1.5105.I found one site that advertises/shows it but when I click download,I get redirected to the major geeks site and it shows a version 8.

Do you have a link for version 6.3.1.5105?

On 8/6/2022 at 4:19 PM, AstroSkipper said:

Hello @ADMM! The latest and presumably last XP-compatible release of Firemin Portable, which I am using in my Windows Professional XP 32bit SP3 (fully POSReady updated), is of version number 6.3.1.5105. Let me know if you can't find it anymore! :yes: In this case, I could upload it for you. :)

Cheers, AstroSkipper matrix.gif

I didn't give you only a version number, I said Firemin Portable in the version 6.3.1.5105. I already offered to upload this version one week ago, but you didn't reply. :dubbio: This version is not available in the internet and by using the Wayback Machine anymore, either. Anyway, the next time, I'll be running my desktop computer I'll upload this version for you and other users. :yes:

PS: On Rizonesoft's download site, are always two versions offered, an installer and a portable version of Firemin.

@ADMM
Rizonesoft's Firemin Portable
6.3.1.5105 is the last version of the series 6 and Windows XP compatible. It is Open Source and a useful tool if you are low on RAM resources, and works with nearly all browsers, AFAIK. The purpose of Firemin is to reduce the RAM usage of the browser, all controlled by this tool in the background. Here is the link of the archive uploaded by me: https://www.mediafire.com/file/34exiyav9zcoxkp/Firemin_5105.zip/file
I tested the most recent version Firemin Portable 8.2.3.5338, and although the website stated a compatibility from Windows 7 or higher, it works in Windows XP, too. :cheerleader: Here is the link: https://www.rizonesoft.com/download/3951/

Cheers, AstroSkipper ordi1fun.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

1 hour ago, AstroSkipper said:

@ADMM
Rizonesoft's Firemin Portable
6.3.1.5105 is the last Windows XP compatible version. It is Open Source and a useful tool if you are low on RAM resources, and works with nearly all browsers, AFAIK. The purpose of Firemin is to reduce the RAM usage of the browser, all controlled by this tool in the background. Here is the link of the archive uploaded by me: https://www.mediafire.com/file/34exiyav9zcoxkp/Firemin_5105.zip/file

Cheers, AstroSkipper ordi1fun.gif

Thank you and I will give it a try later when I can think coherently, if even possible Lol :)

30 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

the website stated a compatibility from Windows 7 or higher, it works in Windows XP, too.

I really feel impressed when I hear such cases like this being true.

Edited by mina7601

45 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

@AstroSkipper But, seriously speaking, what does the application Firemin do? :dubbio:

Hello @mina7601! In your case, absolutely nothing because of  your high-performance laptop with 32 GB of RAM! This tool is meant for a user who is low on RAM like me with only 1.5 GB of RAM on my old, beloved Windows XP computer. :P It permanently reduces the browser's memory consumption in the background, but cannot work miracles. :) roytam1's browsers consume less RAM than the Chrome browsers and, unfortunately, Mypal 68, too. :yes:

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

9 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

It permanently reduces the browser's memory consumption in the background

Why not post a screencap of RAM consumption by various web browsers on your 1.5 GB with and without Firemin running?

Because it sounds like nothing but "snake oil" without some sort of screencap as evidence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snake_oil

9 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Because it sounds like nothing but "snake oil" without some sort of screencap as evidence.

Cool!  coool.gif Snake oil! serpentbleu.gif Everywhere the same discussions! :boring: Superfluous and leading to nothing! In my system, Firemin Portable 6.3.1.5105 helps me a lot in reducing Mypal 68's RAM consumption. :yes: Chrome browsers in Windows XP, I only use very rarely because they are the worst RAM consumer ever. IMHO, Mypal 68 in single process mode, managed by Firemin in the background, behaves much better than without it, most particularly in a slow system which is low on RAM like mine. No more and no less! Roytam1's browsers do not need Firemin. :no: They are much less RAM consuming than Chrome browsers or Mypal 68. Sorry, but that's the truth! And one thing is clear, no pictures about RAM consumption from me! I do not waste my time with nonsense! I have more important things to do! No one is forced to use this tool, and everyone can make their own experiences. Firemin is Open Source and therefore at no costs. I just wanted to help and nothing more. I provided a download link of a version which was requested by a user and wasn't available in the internet anymore. Take it or leave it! Anyway, you could investigate it in detail, of course! It's your speciality, isn't it? :P Have a nice day! :hello:

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

1 hour ago, AstroSkipper said:

Firemin Portable 6.3.5105 helps me a lot in reducing Mypal 68's RAM consumption.

Hmmm ... I'm actually doing surprisingly well with Mpal 68 with 3 process going (I use 4 in Serpent) and no issues most of the time and videos work fine If I just reduce (or stop) most background processes. Really windows explorer is the hog that is hard to tame.

360V9 and v11 and DC Browser do well, but v12 and v13 and I need to use these programs. Most of the time, I avoid V13 for this reason and never liked V12.

In Process Hacker/Miscellaneous/Reduce Working Set - this one reduce truly working set, so memory, but this never improved process performance apparently, here. I didn't see any improvement.

And in Wise Registry Cleaner 7 - you've "System Tuneup" button with 25 tuneups - but I've never used these.

4 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Cool!  coool.gif Snake oil! serpentbleu.gif Everywhere the same discussions! :boring: Superfluous and leading to nothing! In my system, Firemin Portable 6.3.1.5105 helps me a lot in reducing Mypal 68's RAM consumption. :yes: Chrome browsers in Windows XP, I only use very rarely because they are the worst RAM consumer ever. IMHO, Mypal 68 in single process mode, managed by Firemin in the background, behaves much better than without it, most particularly in a slow system which is low on RAM like mine. No more and no less! Roytam1's browsers do not need Firemin. :no: They are much less RAM consuming than Chrome browsers or Mypal 68. Sorry, but that's the truth! And one thing is clear, no pictures about RAM consumption from me! I do not waste my time with nonsense! I have more important things to do! No one is forced to use this tool, and everyone can make their own experiences. Firemin is Open Source and therefore at no costs. I just wanted to help and nothing more. I provided a download link of a version which was requested by a user and wasn't available in the internet anymore. Take it or leave it! Anyway, you could investigate it in detail, of course! It's your speciality, isn't it? :P Have a nice day! :hello:

Since English is not your first language, I shall overlook the "tone" in your reply.  Have a nice day!  :hello:

1 hour ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Since English is not your first language, I shall overlook the "tone" in your reply.  Have a nice day!  :hello:

Thanks for your nice reply! Speaking of tone, the tone makes the music! We all know that, no matter what language, don't we? Most particularly, if English should be really your first language! Anyway, I'll try to overlook that. :yes: And, don't worry! All is well! Tschüss! sclindoeil.gif

Greetings from Germany, AstroSkipper :hello:

PS: Sorry, German is presumably not your native language. "Tschüss" means "Good bye", of course!

Edited by AstroSkipper
addition

2 hours ago, msfntor said:

In Process Hacker/Miscellaneous/Reduce Working Set - this one reduce truly working set, so memory, but this never improved process performance apparently, here. I didn't see any improvement.

And in Wise Registry Cleaner 7 - you've "System Tuneup" button with 25 tuneups - but I've never used these.

Thank you and I also use Wise Tray (but only that alone) without the 360, just Wise Tray (memory optimizer)

@NotHereToPlayGames

In case of need, refer to the web page of the program:

https://www.rizonesoft.com/downloads/firemin/

Firemin vs. Windows Memory Management

Windows will also periodically scan running processes and tell them to release their unused memory. You could argue that this makes Firemin unnecessary, and you would be spot on. However, It is our opinion that Windows does not clean out memory as often as we would like it to. Firemin runs the clean memory API call a few times per second.

The method Firemin uses to decrease Firefox memory usage is not proven and the debate over if it works or not will go on until the end of time, but the logic remains; if it works for you, use it and if it does not, don’t use it. It is really that simple.

(bolding/underlining is mine)

jaclaz