360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

Potentially yes, but it depends on several things.
Firstly, that the installation of Google Chrome is on the same computer.
Obviously, you can't just move password files between computers, or someone could steal your saved logins by just copying your file to their machine!
Also, if the version of Google Chrome was much later, the format of the file might not be compatible.
Not likely to be the case on an XP machine, as the last Google Chrome version which works there is 49.
Why don't you back up the equivalent file on Google Chrome, and just try it?
If it doesn't work, just restore the original file.
:)

1 hour ago, Dave-H said:

Potentially yes, but it depends on several things.
Firstly, that the installation of Google Chrome is on the same computer.

If you want to get really complex, you can "log in" to websites without ever enabling cookies, you just need to grab the "contents" of the cookie and use them over and over again, from any computer.

The power of Proxomitron.  :cheerleader:

image.thumb.png.7cb048f0a9c0ca8e22a03de8daede539.png

As posted already, file "Login Data" inside 360EE's profile is where login credentials for user accounts are stored; the file is actually of the sqlite format, but without that file extension (in contrast to Mozilla Firefox, where similar files come with the .sqlite extension); inside that file, ONLY actual password strings are being encrypted, not the sites for which you have created accounts for, nor the actual usernames/e-mails you're using on those sites to log-in; so, be careful with that info, too :sneaky: ...

Password string encryption is tied to the machine/OS where the password was first saved/created, because parts needed for their decryption (salt?) are stored, encrypted, inside the host's registry; this is different to Mozilla Firefox, where you just need logins.json+key*.db profile dir files to transfer account credentials between Firefox profiles! In any case, profiles in recent Chromium versions are really not portable across different machines :(  ...

360EE also doesn't offer you an option to actually see saved passwords when

chrome://settings/passwords

has been loaded, nor does it allow you to export saved account credentials in an unencrypted form (.txt, .json, .csv, etc.) - recent Chrome versions (XP-incompatible, of course) do come with such a feature ;) ...

What worked for me to manually transfer account credentials from an old 360EE profile to a new one, on a second, different, machine (from Windows Vista SP2 32-bit to Windows 7 SP1 64-bit) was the NirSoft utility called ChromePass ;) .

Depending on the type of your 360EE installation (e.g. "proper" or "portable"), you may have to point ChromePass to the actual 360EE profile dir account credentials are to be extracted from; if you don't have a lot of created site accounts (say, less than 20), then you can manually transfer those accounts to other browser profiles, on the same or different machines...

NB: Be sure to first read the CP documentation on its site - for 360EEv13+, Chr86-based, you'd need versions > 1.50 ...

Version 1.50:

Added support for the new password encryption of Chromium / Chrome Web browsers, starting from version 80.

Be aware that the 'Local State' file, located inside the 'User Data' folder (Parent of your Chrome profile folder), is needed for decrypting the passwords of Chrome 80 or later.

In most cases, ChromePass will find your 'Local State' file automatically, but if it fails to find this file from some reason, you can manually type the 'Local State' filename in the 'Advanced Options' window.

Hope I've helped ;) ... Cheers :)

4 hours ago, VistaLover said:

profiles in recent Chromium versions are really not portable across different machines :(  ...

Did you try with the flags I posted here?

You would need to test with a new profile! Applying the flags on old won't show the difference.

Apply the flags before, on a clean new profile, also some versions of Chrome understand --disable-encryption, not --disable-encryption-win.

The second one is the same, namely --disable-machine-id.

On 8/26/2023 at 8:29 PM, Mathwiz said:

As I also reported in @roytam1's browser thread, for the second time this year Chase.com has upped their minimum required browser version.

The first time, they raised it to Chrome 95, but our browsers based on Chromium 86/87 still work as long as you override the user agent. Now, they're raising it again. A trial-and-error search indicates the new requirement will be Chrome 109. That cuts out my old Android 6 phone, which topped out at Chrome 106.

But they haven't done it yet (it's just a warning at this point), so I can't yet say whether our browsers will fail or work if we override the user agent.

Welp - Chase finally lowered the boom this week, and it appears there are no XP-compatible browsers left that still work with Chase.com! 360EE (Chromium 86-based) doesn't work; nor does Kafan MiniBrowser (Chromium 87-based), nor do @roytam1's browsers. (I'll post more on those at his thread.)

As mentioned above, your UA must claim at least Chromium 109 on Windows or Chase will flat-out reject your browser. (I found that Chrome 106 on Android does still work, so apparently 106 is "good enough" in terms of capability, and Chase accepts a "Chrome 106 on Android" UA even though they reject a "Chrome 106 on Windows" UA. An Android UA produces an unwanted pop-up suggesting their app, though; so I'd stick with 109 on Windows if it worked.)

BTW, Chase.com also rejects Edge 109! I had to use a Chromium 109 UA to get in. Ridiculous.

Anyway, with a UA that Chase will accept, you can sign in - but (except Edge 109) the next screen only has the header with no account details, so it's pretty useless.

Edit: I experimented a bit with portable versions of UnGoogled Chromium. It appears the minimum version that works is Chromium 98, unless you use polyfills. StructuredClone at a minimum is required, but the polyfill contributed by @UCyborg doesn't work for Chase.

Edit 2: Using some code I found on the Web, I was able to create a structuredClone polyfill that works for Chase on Chromium 97. I'll test it later and see if it works on 86/87 too. Edit 3: It does! Here's the link:

Edited by Mathwiz

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/17/2023 at 7:37 PM, Mathwiz said:

Welp - Chase finally lowered the boom this week, and it appears there are no XP-compatible browsers left that still work with Chase.com! 360EE (Chromium 86-based) doesn't work; nor does Kafan MiniBrowser (Chromium 87-based), nor do @roytam1's browsers. (I'll post more on those at his thread.)

As mentioned above, your UA must claim at least Chromium 109 on Windows or Chase will flat-out reject your browser. (I found that Chrome 106 on Android does still work, so apparently 106 is "good enough" in terms of capability, and Chase accepts a "Chrome 106 on Android" UA even though they reject a "Chrome 106 on Windows" UA. An Android UA produces an unwanted pop-up suggesting their app, though; so I'd stick with 109 on Windows if it worked.)

BTW, Chase.com also rejects Edge 109! I had to use a Chromium 109 UA to get in. Ridiculous.

Anyway, with a UA that Chase will accept, you can sign in - but (except Edge 109) the next screen only has the header with no account details, so it's pretty useless.

Edit: I experimented a bit with portable versions of UnGoogled Chromium. It appears the minimum version that works is Chromium 98, unless you use polyfills. StructuredClone at a minimum is required, but the polyfill contributed by @UCyborg doesn't work for Chase.

Edit 2: Using some code I found on the Web, I was able to create a structuredClone polyfill that works for Chase on Chromium 97. I'll test it later and see if it works on 86/87 too. Edit 3: It does! Here's the link:

That's cool. Well, not the part about Chase gatekeeping their customers, but they will do anything up your a** (on-line or in person) to make your life difficult and pat themselves on the back and tell themselves it is for "security."

I've been kicking around in the lame-o world of Windows 7 for a long time now, but I might try this if I spend more time in XP world.

I often wonder in these cases, is Chase fearmongering, or are they a victim of fearmongering by Google, Micro$oft, Mozilla, etc.? All those companies are constantly telling us that a dire fate awaits anyone who doesn't stay on the very latest version of their browsers. Did Chase just buy into the hype?

I thought it odd that Chase will accept Chrome 106 on Android, but require Chrome 109 in the UA if it admits the OS is Windows. I suppose it's possible there's a vulnerability in Chrome 106-108 that only affects Windows, but it seems more likely they're just requiring the latest versions that will run on Android 6 or Windows 7. And what's up with rejecting Edge 109 if Chrome 109 is OK? None of it makes much sense to me.

3 hours ago, Mathwiz said:

I often wonder in these cases, is Chase fearmongering, or are they a victim of fearmongering by Google, Micro$oft, Mozilla, etc.?

I've often wondered the same.  It's not like I've ever walked into a bank to open a new account and told them, "I will not open an account here if you enable members to use XP."

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, hidao said:

I found someone shared a new project named "Chromium 115 for XP" ine the morning, does anyone want to test it ?

Github:https://github.com/weolar/xpchrome

You should note that it is a beta version of what is planned to be a paid-for product.  It is not planned to be a "free web browser".

1 hour ago, hidao said:

I found someone shared a new project named "Chromium 115 for XP" ine the morning, does anyone want to test it ?

Github:https://github.com/weolar/xpchrome

I tried it for a bit, it seems a bit sluggish when loading pages for the first time, but it does get better over time. Probably something to do with caching, the browser is in early stages so quirks are probably going to get polished up over time.

Some people have already shared concerns that this is a paid Chinese product, but in my book that's fine. All the majors Chinese vendors have axed XP, it's from a solo developer, and there's probably still a huge amount of XP users and businesses in China that would gladly pay a small fee to continue using their existing solutions.

It's quite a miracle that it even exists, honestly :lol: