Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Interesting to see a K-Meleon based FF45 ESR SSE... I like the simple UI of K-Meleon and porting it to FF45 would definitely reduce the strain on the CPU. Australis sucks.
  3. A modern Opera Presto browser! -kidding! Kidding! I know you’re a mozilla guy... I’m not really sure, at this moment... I will try to think of a good thing, I suppose there is the question, what can you build that you haven't yet?
  4. @Bigmuscle : I also thank you for your work so far. The Windows 10 look is much nicer with Aeroglass. And I hope you will find time to start working on the new build.
  5. Yes, no uninstaller exists at this time. I believe running the installer on the administrator account has modified permissions on the folder, so thats why the installer can’t automatically upgrade. sorry for the confusion
  6. since there is no gecko45 based goanna, but tenfourfox based engine. and geckok45tff based K-Meleon is still under development in a very slow state.
  7. msfntor said: > At the same time as I was logging in to MSFN via Serpent 55, I had an open Slimjet browser > avec Zenmate enabled (but not functionning - why?), maybe there was any influence on the behavior of Serpent 55... > If Zenmate extension enabled, I've this message page on all websites: > "Your connection is not secure. ..." Click Advanced --> "Peer's certificate has expired." > After disable my proxy extension, restart the page, website's content is here, OK. > This happens to me in all browsers where I've downloaded proxy extension: > Serpent 55, Serpent 52, New Moon 28, Firefox 45. For a long time. Sorry I know hardly anything about proxies, but your problem seems completely independant from browsers. My non-expert impression: the prob is only your systemwide, independant zenmate APP, which connects to its own server directly. Obviously your version is just too old, if it contains only outdated certs/ciphers. Or perhaps it uses the very old ciphers of the system. But the used browsers don't matter, since they get the data only afterwards. After the app has already downloaded them from its own server, using a direct connection and it's own outdated ciphers. Roytam's fresh builds certainly contain modern ciphers. You could try disabling that global app and connect with a normal browser proxy directly to the zenmate server, if knowing the necessary connection data, probably different for each fake country. Zenmate offers own browser addons, but only in WebExt type. For browsers using only 'legacy' power addons, a general proxy addon should work too, if IP etc is known. K-Meleon has a proxy function already built in, configuration in F2>Network/Performance>Proxy
  8. @Sonic, there is no log. With VSS for local installations there should be no need to exclude trouble some files. Yes, if you want it on "recovery image partition" than you have to copy it yourself.
  9. The three browsers are shown on desktop of administrator account. Trying to install ontop of existing browser in restricted account with admin-right failed or i cannot find. they are visible in program(programme-folder). so it seems i must remove them. no deinstaller then?
  10. Techinn.com is the online technology store where you can find everything related to computers, electronics, mobile phones and gaming whose geek community has been increasing over the years at a great pace in many countries all over the world and who are the real lovers of technology. online electronics store
  11. What about FF45 ESR with Goanna? Or even replacing the UI of FF45 ESR with the UI of K-Meleon? If you manage to reduce the overhead on FF45 ESR SSE it would be great. I noticed that FF45 ESR SSE, more so the latest versions, is much more slow than the 38 ESR based browsers on my computer. The UOC Patch speeds it up as it should but loading webpages takes a toll on the CPU, something I do not see on New Moon 27. NM27 starts instantly when you load it and the "search" word in the box appears immediately. I also noticed another bug. When you start the browser, as it loads the home page, it will freeze for some seconds and the "Search" word in the search box does not appear. Once the word appears the browser becomes operable. I cannot use the browser until that word appears. My computer has no viri nor malwares. Firefox Sync is disabled. This also happens if I set about:blank as home page. This does not happen on New Moon 27. I tested FF45 ESR SSE without add-ons and without the Patch and I have the same issues, even on more powerful hardware. If you can sort that out, or at least find the culprit behind this increased CPU overhead, that would be fab. Ironically, the fastest browsers in terms of CPU overhead on my RDD are New Moon 27 and K-Meleon Goanna, but unfortunately I cannot use them (especially the latter) as K-Meleon doesn't support the add-ons I use.
  12. Hey @roytam1, Serpent SSE is running wonderfully on my Athlon XP 2800+! Big thanks for the build! This machine will definitely be seeing more action
  13. how to apply wimboot through gui? do i have to copy the wim to "recovery image partition" 1st then apply? so it will create pointer files?
  14. OK thanks, it is nice to see it run on bare metal of old hardware. then I'd keep IA32 branch intact. what else build should I build? as it is predicted pm28/bnav build will be almost the same performance as sp52.
  15. Got it. I've tried to go several level down and I noticed that there are some missing APIs. The problem is that once I fixed one, several others I was ignoring of pop up. It's a dependency nightmare. I'll take a look at it again in the next coming days...
  16. Yesterday
  17. @roytam1 It looks like you have now seen your own proof it works without SSE, but here is mine anyway, just in case you want to see. The browser is a bit sluggish, as expected, due to no real GPU and an old budget processor, but it does indeed work on this MMX-only Mendocino CPU.
  18. What sites are you having difficulty with @UCyborg?
  19. check your system time, and try with new profile
  20. I'm without any proxy/VPN now ... If Zenmate extension enabled, I've this message page on all websites: "Your connection is not secure. ..." Click Advanced --> "Peer's certificate has expired." - so I'm not able to surf the web ... After disable my proxy extension, restart the page, website's content is here, OK. This happens to me in all browsers where I've downloaded proxy extension: Serpent 55, Serpent 52, New Moon 28, Firefox 45. For a long time. Can someone have an suggestion, a solution for this problem, please?...
  21. In my case, even Basilisk doesn't stomach everything I throw at it anymore.
  22. thanks for update. no problems yet using "capture wim" from local installations. is there a log of the "capture" process ? in case of failures , to know more details (at which file was the error to skip it on next backup) , or in case of sucess to check exclusions.
  23. At first sight the Excel file looks good, what you have as "team 46 using 2019 files" should be team 39. Try checking the teams one by one against the Excel, most probably there is a "slip" somewhere". But the Batters2019 file is also fine, Chone Figgins, etc. are on team 46. :unsure: jaclaz
  24. K8 has MMX, SSE, SSE2, Enhanced 3DNow!, NX bit, AMD64, and Cool'n'Quiet.
  25. I finally got back to this project. There is something wrong with the 2019 files in the zip attached earlier. I first noticed when looking at Team 47 Team 47 using 2019 files: Team 46 using 2019 files: Team 46 using 2016 files: The expected result is that the rosters for each team should remain the same between the 2016 files (generated by the game) and the 2019 files (generated by the scripts).
  26. I've tested it on my Vista laptop, and after getting 2 errors which said api-ms-win-core-misc-l1-1-0.dll is missing, followed by 2 crashes, the browser launches anyway, but websites won't load for some reason, but at least Aero works so that's something I guess.
  1. Load more activity