Chrome 115 working on Windows XP 32 bit

On 12/16/2023 at 7:14 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

The loader used for winPenPack browsers also works for 360Chrome.

An example is here  --  http://www.winpenpack.com/en/download.php?view.1082

We could redistribute the winPenPack loader instead of the one that we have been using.

sometimes when I launch the browser an error prompt pops up but the browser works fine (C:\......TEMP\360Loader\regedit\backup1\backup-11.reg error...)

I can't remember what is the regedit string for the 360chrome browser so I can delete and reset it.

• 2 weeks later...

On 12/15/2023 at 4:40 PM, dmiranda said:

Well, n a clean install runs as advertized. I'm getting issues installing extensions. Nothing to do with V2-V3, I reckpn, but with the files and forlders I block. Will relax things, try to install, and then harden again. And report, later on dduring the week. Cheers!

I can only install ublock and umatrix. Not worth it. Will wait unitl supernium is up for xp

4 hours ago, dmiranda said:

I can only install ublock and umatrix. Not worth it. Will wait unitl supernium is up for xp

Just to make sure it's not linked to the V3, simply add this command line startup flag.

--enable-features=ExtensionManifestV2Availability

No quotes, commas, spaces, exclamation marks, mysterious signs or ancient runes needed.

Space needed only if you have more than one flags. (between the flags)

Edited by D.Draker
(between the flags)

13 hours ago, dmiranda said:

I can only install ublock and umatrix. Not worth it. Will wait until supernium is up for xp

I'm also looking forward to supernium. Not sure how well it will run on my machines but will try regardless.

Edited by XPerceniol

16 hours ago, dmiranda said:

Will wait until supermium is up for xp

A very wise decision, in my opinion. Supermium is easily distinguishable from other Chromium-based browsers, by the fact that it has some old features from old versions of Chrome/Chromium, and its author (@win32) is planning to support this browser all the way down to Windows 2000 SP4 in the future. (a bit off-topic, since this topic targets Windows XP)

Edited by mina7601

3 hours ago, mina7601 said:

A very wise decision, in my opinion.

Well we'll see I guess, I'll give it a go even with my Delll 745 but I doubt it would run on the Dell Dimension 3000 with even lower specs.

spacer.png

untitled-sal2.jpg

Edited by XPerceniol

I hope we haven't lost you @Sampei.Nihira here. I (and I'm sure I'm not alone) would miss you very much. :hello: Understand, though, if you'd rather stay quiet going forward and not reply and regardless All's well that ends well so they say. Take good care of yourself and enjoy your retirement.

Edited by XPerceniol