Chrome 115 working on Windows XP 32 bit

Which one do you think is more safe (not 100% safe neither, I know), mypal 68 (based on outdated quantum 68) or this chromium 115 partially cleaned (but I cannot find connections to China and HDD scanning, but maybe I've not instigated enough, who knows), or maybe 360ee?

Anyway while I'm waiting for my hero to release XP supermium (and maybe the other hero developer of thorium can base its XP chromium on it like will do for the windows 7 one) which one is more recommended?

Edited by Chuck

4 hours ago, Chuck said:

the other hero developer of thorium can base its XP chromium on it like will do for the windows 7 one)

Care to share what's so special about thorium? From what is known, it's still based on the last year chrome 109, the last officially supported.

2 hours ago, Dixel said:

Care to share what's so special about thorium? From what is known, it's still based on the last year chrome 109, the last officially supported.

Well, I'm not talking just about the windows 7 version (which will be awesome after will be based on supermium), but the performance that thorium has on old devices are extreme. The android version I had it installed on an old TV which cannot play nothing in streaming from a browser even at 240p, (with official YouTube app can but 720p60 already is sluggish) but with thorium can stream with acceptable performance, even 720p (but YouTube cannot do more than 480p anyway).

Edited by Chuck
typo

"chrome.exe (M115xp.zip)" with my XP Pro sp3 does not work.
Debud.log shows:

[1210/160053.640:ERROR:registration_protocol_win.cc(135)] TransactNamedPipe: Potok został zakończony. (0x6D)
[1210/160057.265:ERROR:crashpad_client_win.cc(143)] crash server failed to launch, self-terminating

Does anyone have any idea why it is not working?

On 11/21/2023 at 8:44 PM, mina7601 said:

Oh, I thought it means that it would stay on GitHub in 1 year. This is the first time to know about a Chromium browser having a timebomb, though.

Unless I read somewhere that there is a fix or some way to make the browser last for more than only a year, to me, its not worth putting the energy into it given that I'd be deleting it next year if I started to enjoy it. I also didn't know of such a timebomb with Chrome browsers; but then again, I'm also still uneducated much dealing with chrome and only started to use it with 360 chrome.

Edited by XPerceniol

3 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Unless I read somewhere that there is a fix or some way to make the browser last for more than only a year, to me, its not worth putting the energy into it given that I'd be deleting it next year if I started to enjoy it. I also didn't know of such a timebomb with Chrome browsers; but then again, I'm also still uneducated much dealing with chrome and only started to use it with 360 chrome.

Ordinary Chrome is free and has no timebomb, this one is paid, so no wonder in this trial version it has a timebomb. Any "fix" is considered to be a crack, so I doubt it will surface on MSFN.

6 hours ago, xjani said:

[1210/160057.265:ERROR:crashpad_client_win.cc(143)] crash server failed to launch, self-terminating

Does anyone have any idea why it is not working?

This one - simply ignore, it's what all browsers that aren't supposed to run on XP write in the log.

6 hours ago, xjani said:

[1210/160053.640:ERROR:registration_protocol_win.cc(135)] TransactNamedPipe: Potok został zakończony. (0x6D)

Try to start the browser from a short named folder, like C:\Chrome.

On 11/27/2023 at 12:41 AM, D.Draker said:

It's nothing new, all browsers from that country scan your files

Should i be worried? Are we being Shanghaied into exfiltrating valuable state & industrial secrets safeguarded on our XP HDDs? Is Mypal safe, or is Feodor1 a.k.a. Feodor2 a stealthy Ukrainian operative, and his lovable coon but a masked Trojan horse in disguise? Posting from Mypal now, and my drive light is flashing...

22 minutes ago, 66cats said:

Should i be worried? Are we being Shanghaied into exfiltrating valuable state & industrial secrets safeguarded on our XP HDDs? Is Mypal safe, or is Feodor1 a.k.a. Feodor2 a stealthy Ukrainian operative, and his lovable coon but a masked Trojan horse in disguise? Posting from Mypal now, and my drive light is flashing...

<OT> Well @AstroSkipper used to tell me Feodor2 was/is a good guy, so unless somebody tells me different I also regularly use Mypal 90% of the time (and yes, its lightning fast here as well on my aged system). I will admit that though (Trojan horse) also did occur to me but I don't use it for anything sensitive anyway and just posting on forums (only a few now).

<OT> This is off topic because we are in the Chrome 115 thread and you may have better luck posting in the mypal threads.

Edited by XPerceniol

12 minutes ago, 66cats said:

Someone mentioned that browsers from Chian make HDD spin up, that being evidence of Red Dragon browsers being spyware, presumably.

<OT> Ugh ... this has me concerned but that is not happening to me and my HDD is quiet most of the time anyway. You don't have malware do you? Perhaps some of the other more experienced and more knowledgeable members will chime in to better address your concern(s) <OT>

Edited by XPerceniol