Supermium

On 12/6/2023 at 12:27 AM, 66cats said:

The installer worked for me, but nothing showed up in the start menu. Had to search for chrome.exe, which was in C:\Users\your_name\AppData\Local\Supermium\Application.

This is a known issue since the initial release. https://github.com/win32ss/supermium/releases/tag/v115

"Shortcuts and Start Menu items will not be formed by the installer on Windows Vista. The workarounds are to directly extract the 7z archive to your desired area, or manually create shortcuts to Supermium, which will be installed in the AppData\Local\Chromium\Application folder."

Does Chromium support custom themes? GUI looks and feels like stock Chromium.

Also, yay: ContextResult::kFatalFailure: Failed to create shared context for virtualization.

spacer.png

Definitely much laggier because of it and zero ability to run WebGL. Vanilla up-to-date Vista with SP2.

Also the below happens when restoring window when using Actual Window Manager, version 8.14.1, had problems with newer versions (it just exited after few minutes), only on Vista though.

spacer.png

A workaround is to minimize it and restore it quickly afterwards.

GDI font rendering looks weird to me, but at least web fonts render now.

3 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Does Chromium support custom themes? GUI looks and feels like stock Chromium.

Also, yay: ContextResult::kFatalFailure: Failed to create shared context for virtualization.

spacer.png

Definitely much laggier because of it and zero ability to run WebGL. Vanilla up-to-date Vista with SP2.

Also the below happens when restoring window when using Actual Window Manager, version 8.14.1, had problems with newer versions (it just exited after few minutes), only on Vista though.

spacer.png

A workaround is to minimize it and restore it quickly afterwards.

GDI font rendering looks weird to me, but at least web fonts render now.

Thanks, interesting observations. Can't say anything about WebGL or GPU process, since I always block them completely, but I totally agree about the weird fonts. They are blurry and bright.

I think people on this forum already noticed those bright fonts. There were a comparison picture posted somewhere with other chromiuims of the same version.

19 hours ago, seven4ever said:

I'm curious what will be the necessary resourcess on XP to operate fluently.

I also wonder this as my system struggles already to run the latest 360 chrome (Chrome 115 was very very choppy on Youtube) with 3GB of RAM and I have an odl Intel Pentium D CPU 3.40 GHz ... my guess we won't be able to open many tabs at one time. Ha! I'm running a factory produced machine with old hardware that is failing.

spacer.png

22 hours ago, seven4ever said:

I'm curious what will be the necessary ressources on XP to operate fluently.

8GB of RAM, Pentium G as the minimum or the second gen of Intel i-Core, preferably a graphics card with 2GB of GDDR5, fast HDD..

On 11/21/2023 at 6:46 PM, win32 said:

remote fonts over Vista-level DirectWrite.

Hi. First: thanks. Ctrl-F'd 'fonts' through this thread, couldn't find an answer. For me, on Vista x64, there's a missing font (see attached), any idea what it is? Thanks again for both the browser and extended kernel.

Screenshot_5.png

16 minutes ago, 66cats said:

Hi. First: thanks. Ctrl-F'd 'fonts' through this thread, couldn't find an answer. For me, on Vista x64, there's a missing font (see attached), any idea what it is? Thanks again for both the browser and extended kernel.

Screenshot_5.png

You can use inspect element, and point on the square to know what font it is, or you can use the WhatFont extension.

27 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

know what font

Thanks! Assumed it was a font, but i guess those are icons? Any idea why they show up in 11 but not in Vista?

111.png

Edited by 66cats