360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

2 hours ago, Dave-H said:

Today is not Friday September 23rd, it's Saturday September 24th!

In my 360Chrome 13.5, on chrome://history/#p=0 page in Property, I've Time: 2022/9/24 ; Change time: 2022/9/24 ; and no history items here. Ok.

4 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

You would have to contact the original Chinese creators to fix that.  Note that you seem to always experience this within an hour of midnight.  China does not use Daylight Savings Time (and nor should the rest of the world, IMHO).  To the best of my knowledge, your time zone does use DST.

I'm not at all sure when the problem actually appears, but once it's there, it seems to be permanent.
It was correct when I first reset the history, and seemed to be still OK the following day, but not now.
I'm about to go away on holiday for a week, so there's no point in doing it now, but when I get back I will reset the history again and then this time make sure I monitor it every day to see how long it is before it gets out of sync again.
:yes:

4 hours ago, msfntor said:

In my 360Chrome 13.5, on chrome://history/#p=0 page in Property, I've Time: 2022/9/24 ; Change time: 2022/9/24 ; and no history items here. Ok.

Thanks. It's very strange that other people don't seem to be seeing this.
It could be related to my time zone, but I don't see why it would be.
Is there anyone else using 360Chrome 13.5 in the UK?
:dubbio:

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

My XP's are "real" XP's.  *NO* "POS" updates that were never intended for "real" XP.  Not sure if that could also be it or not.  :whistle:

Well it's not impossible of course that this is being caused by a POSReady update, but there's no indication of any problems elsewhere.
I'm sure I'm not the only one running this version of 360Chrome on a POSReady updated machine, and I'd be interested to hear from anyone else who is, especially in the UK, so see if they're seeing the same issue with the history.
It's not a dealbreaker, the main annoyance is not being able to see the history from previously in the current day, but it is puzzling.
It will be interesting to see if there is any change in behaviour when the UK goes back onto GMT on October 30th.
If there is, that will prove that it's timezone related I think.
:)

2 hours ago, Dave-H said:

Well it's not impossible of course that this is being caused by a POSReady update, but there's no indication of any problems elsewhere.
I'm sure I'm not the only one running this version of 360Chrome on a POSReady updated machine, and I'd be interested to hear from anyone else who is, especially in the UK, so see if they're seeing the same issue with the history.
It's not a dealbreaker, the main annoyance is not being able to see the history from previously in the current day, but it is puzzling.
It will be interesting to see if there is any change in behaviour when the UK goes back onto GMT on October 30th.
If there is, that will prove that it's timezone related I think.

Back when I tested this issue I assumed it was an older timezone issue. The reason was that the timezone used for my country changed a few years ago but was then changed again to its original value in more recent years. Windows XP assumed the first timezone update for my country but not the second. And the browser reflected that on the history tab. On Windows 7 the time is displayed correctly on the history tab because the OS has the right timezone for my country (the second update). The same I believe could be applied to other timezones (specially the ones with daylight savings and similars). Is the timezone selected in your XP OS the one that is used by your country in the present? :dubbio:

Yes, my system timezone is correct '(GMT+0.00) Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London' as it has always been.
There are no apparent time discrepancies anywhere else on the system as far as I can see.
All my other browsers' histories are correct, including Google Chrome 49.
It is possible that the Chinese developers of 360Chrome did not take DST into account if China does not use it, but if that were the case surely others would be seeing a problem, and it seems to be only me!
Anyway, the history is a whole day adrift, not just an hour.
The history entries that I can see seem to be correct, although I should check that the recorded times of the page visits are accurate.
The only actual issue is that it's getting 'today' wrong, as the entries displayed as 'today' are a day behind what they should be.

22 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

You would have to contact the original Chinese creators to fix that.  Note that you seem to always experience this within an hour of midnight.  China does not use Daylight Savings Time (and nor should the rest of the world, IMHO).  To the best of my knowledge, your time zone does use DST.

In the history,many years ago, Maybe we have used DST?

But only the old old people knowned that

2 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Does everything on this page look correct?  https://browserspy.dk/date.php

If not, here are registry locations to manually resolve.  https://www.itprotoday.com/windows-78/jsi-tip-0398-how-set-time-zone-editing-registry

Thank you very much, I think that shows the problem! :thumbup

Here's the page on 360Chrome -

Clipboard-1.thumb.png.cc05add4ad9d1c6b1aa1adf1a7ebc0f1.png

And here it is on Firefox 52.9.1 ESR -

Clipboard-2.thumb.png.ffdf63fc07d984a9364529bb80c940ad.png

As you can see, they are an hour adrift, and the correct local time is being shown by FF 52.9, not 360Chrome.
It's obviously a DST problem as you say, and it will almost certainly come good at the end of October when we go back to using GMT in the UK.
However, where is 360Chrome getting this incorrect timestamp from, when everything else on the system as far as I can see is showing the time correctly?
I will certainly investigate that registry changing article, but as I am away from home for the next week, it will have to wait until next weekend I'm afraid before I can do any experimentation.
I wouldn't mind betting that 360Chrome is somehow reading the time from before the DST offset is applied, if that's possible, and that may well be because 360Chrome doesn't take DST into account as China doesn't use it. I realise that still doesn't explain why I appear to be the only one with the problem of course!
Thanks again, that is extremely helpful, but still just as puzzling!
Cheers, Dave.

On my PC, in DCBrowser, 360Chrome (all), Basilisk Moebius 55 etc (but only in Slimjet I see frequently: "Your clock is ahead. A private connection can not be established ... because your computer's date and time are incorrect. NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID ):

BrowserSpy: 

Time on browserspy.dk server: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 09:35:40 -0500

Time on your PC9/25/2022, 4:35:55 PM

Difference between server and PC time: 16 seconds

Current Time and Date: https://time-and-calendar.com/

Your (my!) computer time is: 15.55 seconds ahead. The precision..is 0.2 seconds.

Edited by msfntor

@Dave-H

I have no timezone discrepancies between St52 and 360EEv13.0 as reported by the browserspy test page linked above... My current timezone is EEST = GMT+0300, both browsers display:

Time-Zone offset  -180 minutes

Below is a screengrab of the "Date & Time" Control Panel applet in my system (VistaSP2 x86, I believe XP looks similar):

9v10TyB.jpg

Do you have "Automatically adjust clock for DST" ticked as I do? If so, then your timezone's DST period is being picked up from a relevant Windows Update (a registry-stored setting?) - your non-DST timezone should be set accordingly (mine is EET = GMT+0200) ...

If the origin of your "problem" isn't identified in the end, I guess you can manually set your timezone for the period BST is enforced to one of the GMT+0100 variants (deselecting the "Automatically adjust clock for DST" setting) ... :dubbio: