360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

DcBrowser is based on Chrome 75 while 360Chrome v13.5 is based on Chrome 86.

I'm showing DcBrowser with only the start tab open to consume 234 MB RAM.

I'm showing 360Chrome v13.5 with only the start tab open to consume 126 MB RAM.

Light theme / dark theme is never worth that "cost" in my book, it's just a "novelty item" that I personally never use anyway.

18 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

MiniBrowser is based on Chrome 87 so it is one version "newer" but with only the start tab open, I'm showing it to consume 214 MB RAM.

360Chrome v13.5 seems like a no-brainer WIN to me  :whistle:

I can't use Mini Browser either .... not with only 2GB of (functional) memory. My Two 500MB sticks are almost dead.

Edited by XPerceniol

22 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I'm showing 360Chrome v13.5 with only the start tab open to consume 126 MB RAM.

22 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

360Chrome v13.5 seems like a no-brainer WIN to me  :whistle:

I am glad that with 360Crome 13.5, there is a browser in Windows XP that can load many Googlized and heavy web pages the UXP browsers cannot handle in terms of JavaScript & Co. You did a great job in removing telemetry crap and translating Chinese strings in the past. Thanks for that again, @NotHereToPlayGames! Frankly, I hate to bring you down to earth in your praise of 360Crome 13.5. But, I'm a mathematician, I am always trying to find true statements, verifying or falsifying them, and I'm very good in any calculation. In order to disprove your statement, I use the principle of a counter-example.
Your statement:

• I'm showing 360Chrome v13.5 with only the start tab open to consume 126 MB RAM.

My assertion:

• 360Chrome v13.5 with only an empty tab opened consumes more than 450 MB.

Proof:

I disabled all my extensions in 360Chrome v13.5 and closed all tabs except one empty tab. I restarted the browser.
Here is a screenshot while 360Chrome v13.5 is running.

360-Chrome-Portable-13-5-1030-rebuild-6-

Here is a screenshot of CleanMem after closing 360Chrome v13.5:

RAM-usage-after-closing-360-Chrome-Porta

The RAM usage is shown in two different ways, by CleanMem and Process Hacker.

My calculation:

First method: Determination of RAM consumption by subtracting two RAM consumption values (360Chrome opened and closed)
MEM1 = "Memory used while running 360Chrome v13.5"
MEM2 = "Memory used after closing 360Chrome v13.5"
RAMUSAGE = "RAM usage of 360Chrome v13.5 with all extensions disabled and only one empty tab opened"
RAMUSAGE = MEM1 - MEM2 = 990.70 MB - 522.38 MB = 468.32 MB > 450 MB

Second method:
Determination of RAM consumption by adding all process usage values
There are five processes:
360Loader.exe         4.75 MB
360chrome.exe   124.11 MB
360chrome.exe   113.60 MB
360chrome.exe   115.07 MB
360chrome.exe   119.43 MB
Total:                   476.96 MB > 450 MB

Conclusion:
With only one empty tab opened and all extensions disabled, your little darling tragically consumes more than 450 MB. Therefore, your statement is wrong, and my assertion is true. q.e.d.

Unfortunately, the truth is this browser is a RAM eating machine at its best. If I enable a few extensions and open one or two more tabs, everything gets much worse, RAM consumption increases enormously, and my system is blocked and no longer responds. For users, having a huge amount of RAM in their computers, no problem at all, of course, but for the others ... Truth be told, I don't know where you get your values from, but in any case, they have nothing to do with reality. Such "facts" are meaningless! Sorry to say that! smilie-denk-24.gifFor me, and I speak only for myself here, 360Chrome v13.5 is not really a no-brainer win:whistle:  But, using this browser with only one tab opened is possible, of course. And no offence, only real facts and the truth! :yes:

Kind regards, AstroSkipper matrix.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

4 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Unfortunately, the truth is this browser is a RAM eating machine at its best.

You should try chrome 102 (which I'm currently on) then. It needs a PC with 16GB, at the very least.

15 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

You should try chrome 102 (which I'm currently on) then. It needs a PC with 16GB, at the very least.

I am not necessarily a fan of the Chrome browser by nature. On my Android tablet, however, there is no getting around the Chrome browser. I use the latest versions of Opera, Brave and Kiwi there. The original Chrome browser from Google, however, is a real disaster and a data slinger. No-way.png In Windows XP, I usually try to avoid Chrome browsers if possible. smilie-denk-24.gif A pure Chrome 102 browser would be a no go for me in any case. I would prefer only good forks or mods of Chrome which consume less resources and are cleaned in terms of telemetry and privacy. :yes:

Edited by AstroSkipper

1 hour ago, AstroSkipper said:

With only one empty tab opened and all extensions disabled, your little darling tragically consumes more than 450 MB. Therefore, your statement is wrong, and my assertion is true. q.e.d.

NOT TRUE.  AND THIS FORUM IS NOT HERE TO CALL EACH OTHER "LIARS".  You apology is accepted, whether you provide it or not.

My 360Chrome v13.5 is clearly NOT behaving the same on MY SYSTEM as it does on YOUR SYTEM - "end of story".

image.thumb.png.2ba9607b47a92e45877fc7d88ebe6130.png

Technically, this "debate" should NOT be about 360Chrome RAM on MY system versus 360Chrome RAM on YOUR system which is clearly not the same on both of our systems.

Rather, FORGET "my system" versus "your system".

I'm an Electrical Engineer - I know how to do "math".  Not only that, I know how to twist statistics and can spot it when others twist statistics.  :whistle:

What the "debate" should be about is this - compare RAM on YOUR system for 360Chrome and compare it directly to RAM on YOUR system for DcBrowser  --  which one consumes less RAM on YOUR system?

MY system and YOUR system are NOT behaving the same  --  Q.E.D.

But what I would like your next "project" to be is to compare 360Chrome on YOUR system directly with DcBrowser on YOUR system.

Looking forward to your UNBIASED and OBJECTIVE findings.  :cool:

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

3 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

NOT TRUE.  AND THIS FORUM IS NOT HERE TO CALL EACH OTHER "LIARS".  You apology is accepted, whether you provide it or not.

My 360Chrome v13.5 is clearly NOT behaving the same on MY SYSTEM as it does on YOUR SYTEM - "end of story".

image.thumb.png.2ba9607b47a92e45877fc7d88ebe6130.png

I see, 360Chrome v13.5 always does something different with one empty tab opened. Today, it uses 100 MB and tomorrow, it will use 500 MB. Sorry, no, your facts and values are useless if they only apply in your system. My little proof shows the inadequacy of your statements. And, who cares how much this browser consumes in your system. Much more important is how it behaves in general. By the way, capital letters are always used by those who shout, and there is absolutely no reason for that. It is rather impolite. :whistle: There is a nice saying in Germany: "Wer schreit, hat Unrecht." Translated: "Who shouts is wrong." smilie-denk-24.gif