360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

Just a quick question to those using all versions of 360Chrome.
When you look at the browser history, is the last date displayed the correct one?
When I do this in version 13.5, it shows the previous day as the current day, for instance today it's showing -

TODAY - SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 18, 2022

Today is actually Monday, September 19, 2022!
This means that it's impossible to see pages you've visited earlier in a day, as they are not displayed until the following day.
Just wondering if this is happening in all versions of 360Chrome.
I am using ArcticFoxie's not 'un-Googled' version of 13.5.
Cheers,
Dave.
:)

1 hour ago, Dave-H said:

When you look at the browser history, is the last date displayed the correct one?
When I do this in version 13.5, it shows the previous day as the current day, for instance today it's showing -

Although I let the history be deleted when the browser is closed, it is displayed correctly for me.
TODAY - MONDAY 19 SEPTEMBER 2022.

Currently also with ArcticFoxie's not 'un-Googled' version of 13.5.

1 hour ago, Dave-H said:

Today is actually Monday, September 19, 2022!
This means that it's impossible to see pages you've visited earlier in a day, as they are not displayed until the following day.
Just wondering if this is happening in all versions of 360Chrome.
I am using ArcticFoxie's not 'un-Googled' version of 13.5.
Cheers,
Dave.

Hello @Dave-H! I have installed ArcticFoxie's not 'un-Googled' 360Chrome v11 and v13., both of them in their latest versions. I opened the Google website and had a look in my history. I can't see any problems here, though. Here are two screenshots:
History of 360Chrome v11:

360-Chrome-v11.png

History of 360Chrome v13:

360-Chrome-v13.png

Cheers, AstroSkipper :)

One page shows that no encryption is active.
When I have the note about it, the same type of encryption is displayed as it is on a different side.
On the other hand, the encryption is active. If the encryption process is identical, it should be encrypted on both sides.

Why is that not?
It works with V11, but not with V13 or V13.5

2.jpg

1.jpg

44 minutes ago, Anbima said:

Why do you use V13 and not V13.5?

Do you use the version
360chromeportable_13.2206_rebuild_9.zip

from here?
https://msfn.org/board/topic/182993-360-extreme-explorer-arcticfoxie-versions/

Frankly, I use Chrome browsers in Windows XP very rarely, only for Googlized websites or comparisons with roytam1's browsers. More recent versions don't mean to be better. 360Chrome v11 is just about bearable in terms of its performance and resource consumption, 360Chrome v13 on the other hand is beyond good and evil in my low-resource system. And yes, the installed version of v13 is 360ChromePortable 13.0.2206 rebuild 9. This is the recommended version (actually 13.0.2107) by @NotHereToPlayGames as far as I know. Supposedly, you won't gain any benefits if upgrading to version v13.5.

On 7/22/2022 at 9:12 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:
On 7/21/2022 at 11:33 PM, XPerceniol said:

13.0.2206 is what you posted in the first page, so you trust 13.0.2107? Downgrade seems better?

Yes, I trust build 2107 more.  It's been more stable for my use.  Mileage may vary.

It's NOT a "downgrade".  The build numbers seem to confuse far to many people.  Halfway through v13, the original creator went to Chromium v86.4240.198.  Some of the earlier v13's stem from Chromium v86.4240.112.

Even v13.5 and v13.6 use the same exact v86.4240.198 - YOU GAIN NOTHING I *distrust* v13.5 and v13.6 - I WILL NOT BE UPGRADING THEM (so don't even ask, wink wink).

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

Thanks everyone, it looks as if it's just me!
It has always been like that AFAIK, although everything else on the history side seems to be working fine.
There's just no ongoing history for the current day, because it thinks that yesterday is today!
Maybe I will just try clearing it all and see if that fixes it.
:dubbio:

2 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

And yes, the installed version of v13 is 360ChromePortable 13.0.2206 rebuild 9

Do you use for starting \chrome\Application\360chrome.exe or 360loader.exe?

V13.5 is going quite well for me, except for the errors/problems that I have already described.

3 minutes ago, Anbima said:

Do you use for starting \chrome\Application\360chrome.exe or 360loader.exe?

V13.5 is going quite well for me, except for the errors/problems that I have already described.

360loader.exe with modified custom flags inside the file 360Loader.ini.

5 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

This is the recommended version (actually 13.0.2107) by @NotHereToPlayGames as far as I know. Supposedly, you won't gain any benefits if upgrading to version v13.5.

I still technically see ZERO benefits to upgrading.  But I do use v13.5 as my default nowadays on all but one computer (it only has 2GB RAM and it uses v11 as its default but does have v13.5 to browser one tab only when being used on that computer).

It will not solve 100% of your web browsing needs, but neither will ANY of the web browsers herein at MSFN.

I do keep an eye on NM27 and NM28 and maybe one of these days they will work on all the web sites I need them to work on (NM28 does work for my water bill nowadays, but NM28 does not work for my savings account, NM27 doesn't work for either).

7 hours ago, Dave-H said:

There's just no ongoing history for the current day, because it thinks that yesterday is today!

Try using a different Time Zone.  Maybe GMT-0 and/or Daylight Savings is confusing the code.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I think it's now fixed.
I cleared the history (by deleting the 360History file) and the newly generated one seems to now be OK.
I guess something must have got corrupted in the old file.
So far so good, I'll let you all know if it malfunctions again!
Cheers,
Dave.

11 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I still technically see ZERO benefits to upgrading.  But I do use v13.5 as my default nowadays on all but one computer

Would you prefer the 13.5 before the 13.0?
Or is 13.0 better, safer, faster?

Now I have also installed HO's V13.0.
On pages that are protected with a folder password, the input field for the access data does not display, but a error that the page cannot be displayed.

Furthermore, a page that is accessed by a Raspberry Pi via internal network is not displayed. Only a white side.

Both work with AF's V13 and V13.5.

Is that a setting that I have to change?

3 hours ago, Anbima said:

Would you prefer the 13.5 before the 13.0?

Since both are based on the very same Chromium core, web-compatibility wise they should behave identically...
13.5's GUI simply lacks the bottom status bar, hence I prefer 13.0 instead...

3 hours ago, Anbima said:

Or is 13.0 better, safer, faster?

... "safer" aside (because no-one really knows exactly which upstream (Google Chrome) security patches did the Chinese devs backported to 13.5 (vs 13.0) - plus, I'm sure they manage to insert more "spyware" code with each "updated" release :whistle: ), "better" and "faster" both depend on objective (e.g. the H/W in place) and subjective (work flow, use-cases, etc.) criteria, so these are for you to decide, after first testing the two different versions/builds... ;)

PS: If you really want to get meaningful help from the people you are tending to for support, a) give some details on your setup (OS and its exact WU state, H/W features, i.e. CPU, available RAM), b) provide specific URLs for the "problems" you cite, instead of "generic" terms like:

24 minutes ago, Anbima said:

On pages that are protected with a folder password,