My Browser Builds (Part 3)

The mirror of latest BNavigator, Firefox 45ESR, IceApe, IceDove, K-Meleon 1.5.x/74/76, MailNews 52, New Moon 26.5/27/28 and Serpent 52/55 builds by @roytam1 has been updated -> soggi.org - tools.

changelog:
- added latest BNavigator 0.9 20220528 build
- added latest IceApe 52 20220528 build
- added latest IceDove 52 20220528 build
- added latest K-Meleon 76 20220528 build
- added latest MailNews 52 20220528 build
- added latest New Moon 27 20220528 builds
- added latest New Moon 28 20220528 builds
- added latest Serpent 52 20220528 builds
- added latest Serpent 55 20220528 builds

---------------------------------------------------------

On 5/25/2022 at 1:32 AM, UCyborg said:

I was the first who posted about how to hex edit the DLL one way to extend the date, at least on MSFN.

Ahhh....I knew there was something. :thumbup

Didn't know about that project though...just hex-edited my DLL and forgot about it. FlashPatch! doesn't run on XP, but most of it can be made to run with small modifications.

FlashPatch_NetFx4.zip

FlashPatch_NetFx4_src.zip

Great! Maybe you can add this to the repository!? BTW there already is a quick 'n' dirty solution for XP -> https://github.com/darktohka/FlashPatch/issues/7#issuecomment-785096536.

On 5/25/2022 at 4:08 AM, cmccaff1 said:

Not a bad idea! It's up to you which versions you want to make available, but my recommendations would be

• 32.0.0.371 (last version without "time bomb")
  • 29.0.0.171 (last version that doesn't require SSE2)
  • 10.3.183.90/11.1.102.55 (last ESR and last regular version for vanilla Win2K)
  • 9.0.289.0 (last version for vanilla Win98)
  • 8.0.42.0 (last version for NT 4.0)
  • 7.0.73.0 (last version for Win95 [and NT 3.51 with some effort])

Thx for the suggestion for these versions - I'll have a look at it!

16 hours ago, exogenesis said:

Roytam1 you code forks of Palemoon (Newmoon) and Firefox that are indicated to work with CPU SSE (-sse) on end of the filenames

Are there any other browsers you code that can be run on XP SP3 with CPU SSE ..

I look for end of filename for indication of those, ask incase there are others without the filename -sse indication.

Have a look at my mirror (link above or in my signature) there are notes about noSSE/SSE(2) for many of @roytam1's browsers.

kind regards
soggi

Edited by soggi

Testing out New Moon 28 - the combination of Nullish Coalescing and Optional Chaining makes the web for sure more operating again as compared to without that 2 so-called "standards" - That's at least a good thing :thumbup

For now at least - as we all know, that Google never is sleeping :realmad:

Edited by Saphir

1 hour ago, soggi said:

Didn't know about that project though...just hex-edited my DLL and forgot about it. FlashPatch! doesn't run on XP, but most of it can be made to run with small modifications.

FlashPatch_NetFx4.zip

FlashPatch_NetFx4_src.zip

Great! Maybe you can add this to the repository!?

You mean clone it and put it on GitHub? It's one of those things I mess with once and forget about it, so didn't think it was worth the bother. Pretty much all of my GitHub profile is abandonware anyway.

You can put it on your site if you want, it has permissive license.

32 minutes ago, Saphir said:

Testing out New Moon 28 - the combination of Nullish Coalescing and Optional Chaining makes the web for sure more operating again as compared to without that 2 so-called "standards"

Sweet!  My water bill pay site works again in NM28!  As does a Wordle word calculator (this has worked in NM28 but only since 2022-01-07, if my notes are correct [ie, it was not NC and OC that broke this web site]).

1 hour ago, UCyborg said:

You mean clone it and put it on GitHub? It's one of those things I mess with once and forget about it, so didn't think it was worth the bother. Pretty much all of my GitHub profile is abandonware anyway.

You can put it on your site if you want, it has permissive license.

I mean sharing your solution for XP / code with the project, not making a fork.

Thx, I guess, I'll put it on my website. Do you want any reference like a link or something like that?

kind regards
soggi

5 hours ago, Saphir said:

Testing out New Moon 28 - the combination of Nullish Coalescing and Optional Chaining makes the web for sure more operating again as compared to without that 2 so-called "standards" - That's at least a good thing :thumbup

For now at least - as we all know, that Google never is sleeping :realmad:

I'm quite shocked on just how well Serpent is working now with those changes/updates.

5 hours ago, soggi said:

BTW there already is a quick 'n' dirty solution for XP ->
https://github.com/darktohka/FlashPatch/issues/7#issuecomment-785096536.

... That still requires access to a non-XP machine for the actual patching... BTW, the author of FlashPatch recommends "Windows 7 and above", however a fully updated WinVista SP2 + .NET Framework 4.6.x should also do the job :

https://github.com/darktohka/FlashPatch/issues/24#issuecomment-1063519569
https://github.com/darktohka/FlashPatch/issues/24#issuecomment-1066203448

1 hour ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

A step in the right direction.  But still not for me  :whistle:

image.thumb.png.6b31475f507c2603b723265d992b9258.png

Oh, yeah, a step in the right direction; indeed. You compare to version 13 because you can pay water bills, I presume. Do you think V11 compares (favorably) to the new NM or Serpent? I skip over V12 and don't like it, so would use 13 when the *time comes* V11 is no longer formidable.

Edited by XPerceniol

It's not only my water bill.  The time is "already here" for me to move on from v11  :wacko:

V11 and v13 score virtually identical as far as javascript speed - blows ALL Mozilla-based browser completely out of the water, out of the sky, out of the asteroid belt.

4 hours ago, soggi said:

I mean sharing your solution for XP / code with the project, not making a fork.

Oh, well if someone wants to bring it to the attention of the author, feel free to, but I just can't be bothered to do that. :P

4 hours ago, soggi said:

Do you want any reference like a link or something like that?

No need to.

3 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

I'm quite shocked on just how well Serpent is working now with those changes/updates.

52.0 and 55.0 are working excellent for me as well. Sites like twitter and hotmail would tend to bog the browser down but those issues appear to have been fixed. Well done Moonchild and Roy.

Edited by DanR20

On 5/26/2022 at 8:08 PM, VistaLover said:

Coming to a "store close to you", even on Windows, starting with Google Chrome v103 :realmad: :

https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/7679408#winDNSdef

Non-Enterprise ordinary users won't have the option to "disable", unless, of course, the "community" juggles something up...

On a brief off-topic note, do you know the last Chrome version (and perhaps more importantly, which version of Android System WebView) where this "feature" either doesn't exist or can be disabled? It's important for my Android devices. (If you reply, you may do so privately if you wish.)

Back on topic, this isn't a big deal for XP/Vista users, as I don't think there is (or will be) a Chromium 103 that's back-ported to those platforms. I'm not even sure if Windows 7 will run Chrome 103! And users of newer Windows versions can simply avoid the update and stay on 102 - at least until Google cooks up yet another JavaScript "improvement" that all the "major" browsers will adopt - right after they all switch to built-in Secure DNS.

I don't oppose Secure DNS, but the end user needs to be in control of it - particularly which DNS servers it uses - not the likes of Google. Ideally, I'd like to implement it from my Pi-Hole to the Internet, but keep the devices on my home network using "traditional" DNS to the Pi-Hole.

I would hope that "unGoogled" Chromium will retain at least the ability to disable it. But I'll be very interested in how Mozilla chooses to implement Secure DNS.