Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 


  • Content Count

  • Donations

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


DanR20 last won the day on November 29 2018

DanR20 had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

28 Excellent

About DanR20

Profile Information

  • OS
    none specified
  • Country

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. The about:support page is broken for me in UXP, the addon information or the user string no longer shows, is this intentional? Tried and confirmed with a fresh profile so I don't know of any pref setting to fix it if it can be.
  2. So many zero days, so little time. There's a new one out today and patched by Mozilla, the coinbase attack. If you wait a week there will be a few more the way it's going.
  3. Found this on reddit for those who dislike as much as me the new Google search when javascript is disabled. Just change the user string to this to get the old one back : Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:3.0) Firefox/3.0 Works good in UXP (for now) and also tested in 60esr. Added as a separate override for google and all seems well so far: general.useragent.override.google.com
  4. Same here and back then IE5.5 - IE6 was actually pretty good in comparison. But then Firefox came along offering many more options and the ability to personally customize the browser with addons so they won. Apparently it's all lost on them.
  5. No doubt that's true but Mozilla also hired Google insiders to do the same thing. It's going to be interesting to watch Google sabotage Microsoft's chrome edge, you know they will, or at least try. The war is on.
  6. 52esr is kept around here as a portable as needed, which these days is almost never.
  7. Major cuck up by Mozilla disabling addons because of invalid certificates. Ok putting my tinfoil hat on (why not, it feels good) maybe it wasn't an accident but intentional. I'm reading that older pre-quantum release versions are affected as well, e.g firefox 56.0. Could it be a scammy attempt by Mozilla to force those users to newer versions? There are ways around it, which would require editing omni.ja, but most users probably wouldn't know or take the time to go through the trouble. Not sure about this but would not it be just a matter of replacing the cert file in the profile with the updated one? Another possibility is self-sabotage. As we all know, Mozilla has been infected with Google moles for some time and with the recent uptick in firefox market share all of a sudden this hits. Then we see post after post throughout the internet about how "this is the last straw, I'm leaving firefox for chrome." /end tinfoil rant. Thankfully, basilisk isn't affected nor is 52esr since xpinstall.signatures.required is set to false. Keep up the good work guys.
  8. My understanding is they are betas or something similar to nightlies pending the release of an updated version. I am not exactly sure but the last official Basilisk release may have been in March?? Again not positive but eventually there will be a new one minus Roy's changes to work with XP.
  9. Ok that looks better. --) Wonder how long before Mozilla starts complaining about copyright or something.
  10. This is what I have for 60esr: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0 That's Waterfox's current string?
  11. Speaking of Waterfox, if anyone uses it could you please be so kind as to post its user agent string? I have several that I like keeping up to date and use for various reasons but Waterfox eludes me since it can't be installed on my lowly 32-bit computer: Googling for it brings up at least two different versions; one is probably right but which is it: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:56.0; Waterfox) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/56.2.7 Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:65.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/65.0 Waterfox/56.2.7
  12. It's not a problem anymore. The Lightning version on TB 52.9 is 5.4.9 and when I opened mailnews with the TB profile it wanted an older version of 3.00 something. But that was from a mailnews version a few weeks ago. I tried the latest one from last Friday and 5.4.9 was working and it didn't ask for an older version. There's also a new addon: google calender, which was disabled.
  13. Instead of creating a new profile I just made a copy of the one from Thunderbird 52.9 then opened MailNews using that. The only problem I ran into was it wanted an older version of Lightning but everything else worked good.
  14. No not really other than any additional security updates to the program, some of which I assume are being ported to MailNews. I do use it on Win 7 and functionally it doesn't do much more than 52, all of the same legacy addons still work. It's the transition to quantum that all but makes porting the newer firefox versions impossible and chances are I wouldn't use it much anyway even if it they could manage it.
  • Create New...