Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. erpdude8

Internet Explorer 11 will be available for Windows 8!!

Jody, I don't use VMs because I have older machines that can't reliably support VMs I install Win8.0 natively on an old HP computer (2007 model using an Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 cpu) w/ Win8.0 Pro that my relative has but lives in a different street than my family. greenhillmaniac did say a few days ago that installation of IE11 does not work on Win8.0 clients (I just confirmed this yesterday; tried extracting the CAB file from the KB4492872 MSU file and using dism.exe to install on my relatives Win8 Pro computer but failed with an error message). Looks like KB4492872 really does check for either Server 2012 or Win8 Embedded being used and blocks install on normal or "client" versions of Win8. NBD (no big deal) for me since I hardly use IE on Win8.0
  3. erpdude8

Server 2012 Updates on Windows 8

you're right about saying that looks can be deceiving, but for a different reason, greenhillmaniac. I did install the KB4054542 (.NET 4.7.2) update on my Win8.0 Pro x64 machine several days ago. however the installation went fairly quickly without error BUT I had to really check the C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\ and C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\ folders to see if a bunch of .NET DLL files such as the System.dll, System.Core.dll, System.Data.dll etc. were updated to the NET 4.7.2 versions (v4.7.3081.0) [right-click on any of those DLL files, choose Properties and click on the Details tab to check the version number]. they were not updated, even though I have KB4054542 listed in the Installed Updates section of the Programs and Features Control panel. so the install of KB4054542 was really "partial" on Win8.0 clients
  4. erpdude8

Server 2012 Updates on Windows 8

fwaa haa haa haa oh well no IE11 on Win8.0 clients; bummer Jody (you can go back in remove IE10 if you like) looks like the KB4492872 IE11 packs do check the InstallType and EditionID and only install on Server 2012 & Win8 Embedded
  5. games, android app can be downloaded all in apknite, I know it via facebook and quite unexpectedly useful degree, you should try apknite Download APK files directly from Google Play
  6. Today
  7. Dietmar

Newer motherboards that support WinXP

New acpi.sys for XP SP3 32 bit, all languages and compis. Please tell me results for making things better Dietmar acpi.rar EDIT: The problem is more complex: On my asrock fatal1ty z370 gaming k6 with acpi.sys 5048 I get again BSOD 0xA5 (0x03, xxx, C0140008, yyy). And in its Bios I isolated ALL CreateQwordField instructions. EDIT2: The problem may be really in QwordConstant: acpi.sys from XP has no problem with this word. But acpi.sys 5048 has. This I know, because in DSDT table from the asrock fatal1ty z370 gaming k6 there appear QwordMemory and QwordAcc. I do not isolate them. XP boots. And may be because of QwordMemory and QwordAcc BSOD 0xA5 (0x03, xxx, C0140008, yyy) with acpi.sys 5084 on the Asrock board. So, at the moment, acpi.sys 5084 is worse than my modded acpi.sys before.
  8. When right-clicking a program/exe and clicking "Pin to Start", the item doesn't appear or get pinned in the StartIsBack menu, only the base Win10 start menu.
  9. dencorso

Windows XP Spotter (the club)

That, at least, is good news! May Win 10 rot in Niflheim!
  10. Coldblackice

Shift-F10 doesn't work in Start Menu

When typing a program name in the start menu box, it's possible to use the arrow keys to navigate the list. However, pressing Shift-F10 does not work (for the particular item that's selected). Normally, it should bring up the context menu, as it's the keyboard equivalent of a right-click. Instead, it opens the context menu for the text box, as if the right-click happened inside there.
  11. dencorso

Microsoft security essentials and Windows XP

Good! Here's a slightly more generic version of it. As before 7-Zip and wget required and one'll probably need to adjust some path names, depending on where 7-Zip and wget live on your own systems. In my system wget.exe is on the environment PATH, so no explicit path is needed. @echo off pushd %temp% if not exist mpam-fe.exe start /wait wget -O mpam-fe.exe http://definitionupdates.microsoft.com/download/DefinitionUpdates/x86/mpam-fe.exe "%ProgramFiles%\7-zip\7z.exe" x -y "mpam-fe.exe" *.vdm net stop MsMpSvc move *.vdm "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Microsoft Antimalware\Definition Updates\Updates" net start MsMpSvc del mpam-fe.exe popd Notice please it's a .cmd, I don't remember whether pushd/popd work OK with .bat extension...
  12. tomasz86

Unofficial SP 5.2 for Microsoft Windows 2000 (WIP)

I like this attitute . I have uploaded the script to the download Archive under https://mega.nz/#F!2lBVBBLI!WqmqhpxuX0qyCY1LiX4-gw!L0omSarK. Please download "HFSLIP2000-info.7z" and unpack it to your Windows source folder. The file structure will look something like this: I386 SUPPORT CDROM_IP.5 CDROM_NT.5 CDROMSP4.TST HFSLIP.LOG HFSLIP2000-info.cmd Then just run "HFSLIP2000-info.cmd" and wait for the results. It may take some time as the script is not optimized (=it is slow), and also right now requires to be run in Windows 7 and above (because of one of the tools used to calculate SHA1). The script will make a list of all files from the i386 folder, including their size, version, and SHA1 checksum. Once the script has finished its job, you will find a new file called "HFSLIP2000-info.txt" next to the script file. Please pack it and upload somewhere for me to see.
  13. roytam1

Missing email client in the Start Menu.

had a look comparing windows integration component of comm-esr52 and binoc-central, there is no "big" changes besides names. did you ever tried set mailnews as default mail/news client?
  14. If you didn't know why did you bother responding? I was asking the person who would the most familar with the code itself if he thought there would be problems with it running under WINE,not some useless,most likely Gnome 3 using, PC Gamer like you..
  15. VistaLover

Missing email client in the Start Menu.

@Sampei.Nihira From the Microsoft link in your first post: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/shell/start-menu-reg#registering-for-the-start-menu-email-link Matt A. Tobin has created the official Interlink e-mail client to target Win7+, so he may have deliberately removed the function to place registry entries under the "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail" registry folder (as this is a WinXP/WinVista requirement ); I'm tired now to go through his repository, but, hopefully, that intentional change can be reverted by Roytam in a future MailNews release...
  16. VistaLover

What software developed by Roytam1 do you use?

... and KM-Goanna3:
  17. blackwingcat

How to use PEMaker

Okay I understand. You have to add 3 functions to export table, but you had added to import table. But the 3 functions exist newer Extended core.
  18. blackwingcat

How to use PEMaker

It seems that NTOSKRNL import table was broken. Is there enough room tables when you add any functions ?
  19. i430VX

Newest Adobe Flash and Shockwave, and Java, too!

I have not tested on 2003 x86 but if you cant even get the 8u151/152 to install you got some other problems.
  20. blackwingcat

KernelEx for Win2000

It requires Extended Core Binary (it has been supported since first version) and registry setting.
  21. FranceBB

Windows XP Spotter (the club)

The skin is dark blue, so it's probably embedded. Unfortunately, I don't have equally good news. When I was at the reception of the building in which my office is located, I noticed that the POS connected to the computer was different. As I got closer, I noticed that the interface was completely different. While I was getting my keys and signing a document, I saw the screensaver popping up on the POS... "Blimey!" I thought, "it's Linux!". So I pretended to look at my phone and I took a picture. This is a sign that companies are moving over from XP: Apparently, old programmes are not compatible with the new Windows 10 Embedded for IoT and since programmers had to rewrite their code anyway, they just switched to Linux to avoid paying the licence and other things.
  22. Mathwiz

What software developed by Roytam1 do you use?

Which one? @roytam1 maintains several web browsers: New Moon (2 versions), Serpent (2 versions), FF 45, & Navigator.
  23. @UCyborg I just solved the window border issue by using "Winaero Tweaker" and adjusting the Customize Windows Borders "Border Padding" slider down to 0 (initially it was set to 4, the exact width of the problematic new borders highlighted in the image above). I hope this info helps anyone else attempting to work around these annoyances! -JT
  24. The title pretty much says it all as usual. I've tried disabling secure boot and enabling legacy boot as well. However, a rufus pen drive will not boot! Any suggestions?
  25. Yesterday
  26. Yes, I'm willing to run such a script. Anything for the proliferation of Windows 2000
  27. deomsh

Audio driver for Realtek HD Audio Hardware?

@UCyborg: The XML-file won't open, there is some error dialog in my program (Windows 10). But I compared your codec graph with the Widget Diagrams in the data sheet, All Widgets seem to match. I can't see how VirtualBox will connect output's from Pin Widgets to your Host's (physical) Audio, but there are four possibilities according to the data sheet. In the mean time I found out that the Volume Knob needs Verbs different of Volume Widget one's, so a Volume Knob will probably not work with VolumeWidget setting in HDACFG.INI. All I can suggest is trying one of the four Output-connected DAC's, they all have a Volume/Mute function. You can try VolumeWidget=$02 / VolumeWidget=$03 / VolumeWidget=$04 or VolumeWidget=$05. Always reboot inbetween.
  1. Load more activity