Supermium

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, ED_Sln said:

not the whole folder

That scanner opens .zipped files, so just now removed setup.exe & uninstall.exe, zipped & scanned again. Fewer hits, but still some: EDIT: JUST ONE. I used "add to archive," so uninstall.exe got scanned. Sorry. Real result:

Screenshot_8.thumb.png.f251adf03b5834f10f8b1f446336bb64.png

Again, pretty sure it's false.

Edited by 66cats

I checked each file separately, but apart from setup and uninstall it found only two files. It turns out that inside the archive finds a lot, but without the archive - no, how is this possible?

spacer.png

spacer.png

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, UCyborg said:

I'll shut up now since I sadly don't have anything positive to write about Supermium.

This is getting interesting with each second! Now we can be sure it wasn't just a gihub takedown. @NotHereToPlayGames

Basically, win32 erases himself from the internet. Guys, probably make a topic and ask win32 to make an annoucemnet?

Edited by Saxon

This (to me at least) is "much ado about nothing".

I'm seeing these as FALSE POSITIVES and a programmer that is FED UP with "explaining to the masses" that it is a FALSE POSITIVE.

That's the PROBLEM with anti-virus "crap".  You have to PAY MONEY to get your code APPROVED.

Supermium/Thorium is FREE.  How can a coder/programmer PAY to get code "approved" when the project generates no revenue?

So the coder/programmer just throws his/her arms in the air and GIVES UP.

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Supermium/Thorium is FREE.  How can a coder/programmer PAY to get code "approved" when the project generates no revenue?

So the coder/programmer just throws his/her arms in the air and GIVES UP.

I agree with you, and everyone knows: I love @win32, but then again, win32 has an account here, all it would take just a minute to post a relaxing comment!

Don't you think? I mean, we (at least I) deserve this much. I was always loyal to win32. 

3 hours ago, 66cats said:

It was just a gihub takedown.

I don't agree. When a takedown happens, they freaking write it was a takedown! A recent example was when they took down Rabinovitch's "cra_ked" Chrome and Opera.

In this case it had been cleared out completely.

The win32ss account on GitHub was flagged for an unspecified reason. I am going through the appeal process to restore it, but I will make sure the repository surfaces somewhere else such as GitLab even if GitHub does accept the appeal.

3 hours ago, win32 said:

The win32ss account on GitHub was flagged for an unspecified reason. I am going through the appeal process to restore it, but I will make sure the repository surfaces somewhere else such as GitLab even if GitHub does accept the appeal.

Thank you, @win32! My trust in you is unbreakable. I wish all the best to you and your projects!

@win32, come back to MSFN, I promise we'll bust down all haters and create a pleasant atmosphere for you to return! I personally ask @Dave-H to supervise!

Guthub dust bin doesn't deserve to have you! I promise I'll stop writing about brightness.:D And here we have a good place to collaborate.

2 minutes ago, win32 said:

So this is a takedown initiated by GitHub.

But I'm wondering which reason have been retained against you from their side, Or even if they checked if the report and their concerns are legitimate.
I don't think that someone that spends an enormous amount of their time to make something a very small pinch of people dare to do would ruin everything by putting Trojan-like code in it. It doesn't make sense at all.
(Also if there was viral code in it, some people would have noticed by a long time).

Maybe a statement would be appreciated once this solution finds an outcome, especially for stop people panicking.

3 hours ago, AstragonQC said:

So this is a takedown initiated by GitHub.

Like I already explained, it's something very strange because the page had been cleansed out completely, they made it look like nothing ever was there. We all need to demand explanations.

And like Dixel said, win32 please get back.