StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

One thing I really like about this program is that it applies dark theme to several windows like the progress bar that you see when moving large files from one drive to another and the empty recycle bin dialog box. It would be even better if you could make the window that pops up when extracting a zip file dark theme as well.

1198.jpg.ec162b337edab4989eed8db27839f493.jpg

In the latest build 3.3.5 interim where the weather is on the left, whatever menu I choose from right-clicking the Start button always opens Command Prompt and none is working as supposed to be, for example, if I right-click the Start button and choose Task Manager or File Manager (or anything else), it always opens Command Prompt window.

Example video: https://imgur.com/a/hAKVmtH

One of the things I liked about Windows 8 & 10 was that you could organize your Start menu the way you wanted, and other programs would leave it alone - as opposed to Vista and prior, where any program could throw any junk they wanted into the Start menu, and every program install or update would require cleanup afterward.

Yes, SaB allows pinning, but this feature is severely limited by comparison, providing no way to set up subfolders or another hierarchy within the menu - unless I missed something.  And yes, I could rearrange "All Programs" by mucking about in "%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu", but that brings us back to Vista, with everybody having a hand in the cookie jar.

Even Microsoft itself is working on re-adding subfolders to Start, so can I ever expect similar improvements to SaB?  I really don't want to give up the taskbar improvements just because of this shortcoming.

I'm on Windows build 22598.200 currently, Startallback is Version 3,3,5, and for some weeks now have been unable to get any sort of command prompt items on the Win+X menu. I've created shortcuts for Terminal in the relevant file locations, which work when clicked, but they just don't appear in the menu at all. Is this something to do with Startallback? I've followed all the generic Windows 11 instructions for adding the items, so am at a loss why the menu doesn't display them?

Edited by mfarmilo