StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

51 minutes ago, sunnyrio said:

I thought this was a startallback setting?

No, StartAllBack extends system setting to Win32 scrollbars. MS Word is custom UI app.

4 minutes ago, Tihiy said:

No, StartAllBack extends system setting to Win32 scrollbars. MS Word is custom UI app.

So.... the Windows setting works for most 64 bit stuff, startallback extends it to 32bit, but non-compliant MS stuff ignores everything?  I wonder if there's a setting within Word.

Edited by sunnyrio

StartAllBack 3.4

- Explorer Ribbon restyled, new icons, improved animations

- Explorer Command bar restyled, new icons / fixes, replaced 'Include into library' command with 'Share' command, added Organize - Layout - Compact Mode

- Open with metro icons no longer have color underlay

- Dark mode minor improvements, rounding for Explorer dropdowns

- Taskbar weather on the left

- 22H2 fixes

Underlined are the changes since 3.3.9d

Edited by Tihiy

17 hours ago, Tusticles said:

Can you also 'fix' the breadcrumb dropdown menu for open/save file dialogs? Thanks.

Discord_2022-05-19_21-25-21.thumb.png.d7d884da25d5ff336259e617af11b7bb.png

aaand, the context-menus for this too! (it's real janky)

I also happen to have found this bug in 22H2;
the start button (when positioned at the center) appears to be extending its segment across the far right/down only when there are no programs open/being used.
toprightleftbottom

Edited by EianLee

On 5/19/2022 at 4:33 PM, Tihiy said:

StartAllBack 3.4

Underlined are the changes since 3.3.9d

Thanks for the update

Possible to have a option to enable/disable "Explorer Command bar restyled, new icons" ?

And I had already asked but did not see an answer
Possible to have the default color (background color) of Windows for the right-click menus (taskbar, start menu) ?
Default menu may be blurry ?

whitout SAB :

1790560523_SAB2.PNG.d13d88028fcd8223a1eb5ec55d90ac0f.PNG

with SAB :

SAB.PNG.53170dd8de8035a196a340e6af5f798f.PNG

Thanks for your great work

Edited by bapt

32 minutes ago, bapt said:

Possible to have a option to enable/disable "Explorer Command bar restyled, new icons" ?

There is a secret option on Explorer page. Double-click area around 'Details page on the bottom'.

On 5/20/2022 at 6:14 PM, Tihiy said:

There is a secret option on Explorer page. Double-click area around 'Details page on the bottom'.

Thanks, I double clicked everywhere to find :D

And for  right-click menus ?

Edited by bapt

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature but the buttons in the Taskbar seem to be very long when set to not be combined. When there are multiple/many buttons, it looks fine, but when there are only one or two, it looks weird.

I have attached a couple of screenshots.

EDIT/ADDED: Perhaps this is related to DPI/scaling, as the issue occurs only on my second computer that is connected to a 4K display, which I also access both directly and via RDC from a computer that uses a 1080p display, so there is resolution switching involved periodically. I have another (third) computer with StartAllBack that only uses a 1080p display, and there is no such issue.

shot2.png

shot1.png

Edited by NRANM
More information

5 hours ago, bapt said:

And for  right-click menus ?

Maybe if you ask same thing 8 more times... Increasing transparency to same level as 'modern' menus may hurt readability and may require larger font / less contrasty elements, so there's a compromise required.

4 hours ago, NRANM said:

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature but the buttons in the Taskbar seem to be very long when set to not be combined

This is an OS bug related to dynamic DPI scaling. Rebooting or logging in again helps.