360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

On 4/27/2022 at 1:45 PM, Dave-H said:

That works brilliantly, really clear, and with all the flags supported!
Thank you so much!
:worship:

Nice to read that.

I know that you said that the emoji support for the browser interface was getting a little complicated but I think I managed to get the font to work.

The font I previously shared had "Microsoft Sans Serif" as the name but in your 360EE registry it said "MS Sans Serif". Well, the font that is requested by the browser in your case is indeed different than the one I shared.

I realized that when looking at this thread --> https://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/ms-sans-serif-font.122939/

I've added an Impact font with the ID of the real MS Sans Serif if you want to test in this folder (named "Impact_fakedMSSansSerif.ttf"). I included as well the Original "MS Sans Serif" font (named "sserifee.fon").

Cheers.

Edited by Humming Owl

@Humming Owl , Hi and thank you so much ! Kaftan Browser seems very fast even on my ancient PC . Would you please answer a couple of questions .  

1 - Is this browser totally portable ? Will I be able to start it on another PC ? The extensiions will still be there ? Do you know how to completely block the wepstore from appearing ? I cut it out from the pack , yet it still appears .

2- For me , even when I don't choose DuckGo as my search , it leaks every bit of info that I type to The Netherlands !? Just every button push .

Some sort of analytics ? This address:

40.114.177.156 Microsoft Corporation, Netherlands.

But I'm in France , just so you know.

https://dnslytics.com/ip/40.114.177.156

I took a screenshot : 

Oh , and a bonus question , how do I get aero back ? A usual chrome 87 works fine with the aero interface.

mini.png

14 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Will I be able to start it on another PC ? The extensiions will still be there ?

No. You will have to look for the User Data folder on some folder or you can try using these flags to set another location for your user data --> https://superuser.com/questions/1130368/chrome-user-data-dir-not-working-properly

Do you know how to completely block the wepstore from appearing ? I cut it out from the pack , yet it still appears .

I don't know what do you mean with that.

mini.png

Try using DNSQuerySniffer to get the actual URL. Maybe it is a regional thing only, because I don't get that connection.

Oh , and a bonus question , how do I get aero back ? A usual chrome 87 works fine with the aero interface.

This browser had its interface modified by its developers so it wont work as a normal Chromium interface.

16 hours ago, Humming Owl said:

This browser had its interface modified by its developers so it wont work as a normal Chromium interface.

Oh ... I see, been trying to change but only have the white large theme to use and can't change it.

I have also been using it, but because I don't really know what I'm doing, I'm a bit cautious during the development here. Thus far I like it, but still very slow on my aged hardware, but 'it is what it is'. Thank you guys for your hard work.

In case someone want some fonts on XP, in this folder I will be posting some fonts I was messing around with.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/1hf8d38zg8seq/Fonts

The ones that matter are:

- SegoeUIEmoji_edited.ttf (Segoe UI Emoji font, version 1.35, with proper flag support from the Twitter Emoji Font)
- Twemoji_13.1.ttf (Improved B/W Twitter Emoji font, name is "Twitter Color Emoji Thick")
- Twemoji_13.1_fakedSegoeUIEmoji.ttf (the same font as above but with the ID of the Segoe UI Emoji font to make it load the emojis on the browser)

The original project for the Twitter Emoji Font is here --> https://github.com/eosrei/twemoji-color-font
The other ones are for testing purposes.
Cheers.

Edited by Humming Owl

On 4/29/2022 at 11:57 PM, Humming Owl said:

I don't know what do you mean with that.

I meant Google webstore Icon that I want to get rid of . I removed the webstore from the pak but it still shows . Also , I want to disable the history of opened pages . Do you know how ? I mean not all history , just the history thumbnails at the front page . In other words , I want a clean start page with nothing . The browser is fine overall and very fast ! I don't know why you wrote it may be slow. I have a very old PC that I use for the Internet . It's 12 years or more. Again , thank you ! Nice browser.

4 hours ago, D.Draker said:

I meant Google webstore Icon that I want to get rid of . I removed the webstore from the pak but it still shows .

If you are referring to the webstore shortcut on the new tab page, you can delete it by hovering the mouse over it and clicking the 3 dots icon at the top-right corner of the hover area. In case its the button to install extensions from the Google webstore I really don't know how.

Also , I want to disable the history of opened pages . Do you know how ? I mean not all history , just the history thumbnails at the front page . In other words , I want a clean start page with nothing

There should be a "Customize" button at the bottom-right corner of the new tab page. Click it, and go to the "Shortcuts" section. In there should be an option for disabling the shortcuts on the new tab page.

The browser is fine overall and very fast ! I don't know why you wrote it may be slow.

The computer I have is at least 19 years old.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, Humming Owl said:

In case its the button to install extensions from the Google webstore I really don't know how.

The way official Ungoogled Chromium does it (and what I do for my own "ungoogled" releases)  -->>  break the URL for the Google Web Store .json, you have to keep the .json but break the URL (to anything that lands on a 404).

An "ungoogled" 360Chrome v11  --

image.png.3d387e2ce693571f4c3958ed7392bc0b.png

An "ungoogled" official Ungoogled Chromium ungoogled-chromium_100.0.4896.60-1.1_windows-x86.zip  --

image.png.9f19231c2a1dd90bd7fa37a678d13bff.png

A regular MiniBrowser_1.0.0.127_Modified Chrome Web Store that has not been "ungoogled"  --

image.png.60fa341c05171a76ed928e675883f05c.png

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

11 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

break the URL for the Google Web Store

First off , thank you for the advice , you're very helpful ! But it was the first thing that I did , actually , I think I wrote I had butchered the resource pak already . Quite some time ago . And you know what ? The link is still there ! Mystery ?!

I made it look like :

hwwps://chrome.000000.com/webstore

But it still shows as if it was untouched .