360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

1 hour ago, v3cv said:

Yeah I often stumble across websites using emojis in document title, and i would like to see them in chrome title bar

No offense, but inn China, you will be called with "SB"...

I'm a bit confused here (not for the first time!)
Are we actually talking about having emojis in the 360Chrome title bar?
I didn't think 360Chrome had one!
Do we actually mean the address bar (in URLs), or perhaps on the tab labels?
:dubbio:

1 hour ago, Dave-H said:

No matter which one, I think it's not important, because I think 99% people wouldn't to used it

I'm with @hidao, I do not want emojis in my title bar or in my tabs or in my bookmark names.

@Dave-H - there is a title bar in 360Chrome (I only use software with title bars).

When you set the setting in Settings -> UI Style -> Appearance to "Show tabs on: Middle", that's when you get the STANDARD title bar.

4 hours ago, Humming Owl said:

How did you patch it?

Cheers.

using Fontforge, very easy to use

2 hours ago, Dave-H said:

im sorry for using the wrong term but yes i mean the tab title and the address bar

360Chrome by default use font "SimSun" for title and address bar, if you patch Segoe Ui Symbol/Emoji to be called SimSun, you get special character support in the header of 360ee and font segoe ui

3 hours ago, Dave-H said:

1 hour ago, Dave-H said:

I'm sure you're right, but it would still be good to know exactly what's being talked about!
:yes:

There is a font the browser uses for its interface, you can see its name by going in the Windows Registry to this path "HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > 360Chrome > ui_persist_value > FontFamily".

I think the font is different among versions but on v12 and v13 should be the same one (SimSun).

If you want to change the font the browser uses you have to edit the name of the font (not the name of the file) you want to add and then install it on your system. You can do this with any font if you know how to do it.

I have done this with the Impact font a while ago using FontTools --> https://github.com/fonttools/fonttools

https://msfn.org/board/topic/182876-360-extreme-explorer-modified-version/?do=findComment&comment=1208551

But as @v3cv pointed out it can be done also through FontForge.

---

@v3cv Can you show which value you edited? With FontTools I just replace all identifiers of a font with the ones of another font but I don't know the specific value that has to be edited.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I'm with @hidao, I do not want emojis in my title bar or in my tabs or in my bookmark names.

@Dave-H - there is a title bar in 360Chrome (I only use software with title bars).

When you set the setting in Settings -> UI Style -> Appearance to "Show tabs on: Middle", that's when you get the STANDARD title bar.

Thanks, I never noticed that!
:)

1 hour ago, v3cv said:

using Fontforge, very easy to use

im sorry for using the wrong term but yes i mean the tab title and the address bar

No problem, I see from the above that this could indeed apply to the title bar now I know that it's possible to have it!
:yes:

Well I've tried replacing the default SimSun font with both of the offered patched versions, and I can't see any difference at all in 360Chrome.
There are still just vertical lines where the emojis should be in the tab labels.
Perhaps it isn't quite a simple as that!

30 minutes ago, Humming Owl said:

There is a font the browser uses for its interface, you can see its name by going in the Windows Registry to this path "HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > 360Chrome > ui_persist_value > FontFamily".

I think the font is different among versions but on v12 and v13 should be the same one (SimSun).

My 'FontFamily' registry value says 'MS Sans Serif'.
Is that why changing the SimSun font isn't apparently doing anything?

3 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

My 'FontFamily' registry value says 'MS Sans Serif'.
Is that why changing the SimSun font isn't apparently doing anything?

I think that is the issue. Let me try to add the Segoe UI Emoji font that value to see what happens. You are using v13.5 right?