360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

1 hour ago, Dave-H said:

That registry setting does not disappear for me when 360Chrome is closed.

Make sure that you close regedit and reopen it when verifying if a registry folder/key disappears or not.

I think you have to close regedit without the key/folder being the current selection, but I'm not positive on that.

I'm not seeing that behaviour at all I'm afraid.
This is what I see in the registry when the machine first boots, without ever having run 360Chrome.
Starting it and stopping 360Chrome makes no difference, the registry entries stay exactly the same.

Clipboard-1.thumb.png.e37cf583af726f932c2d335fc75faccb.png

:dubbio:

Please delete both the "360" and the "360chrome" keys while 360Chrome is closed (verify via Task Manager that 360Chrome is indeed closed).

Highlight "Software" then close regedit.

Reopen regedit and verify that "360" anc "360chrome" are both deleted.

Close regedit, launch 360Chrome, open regedit, observe keys under "Software" but do not highlight any of them, keep "Software" highligted, close regedit, close 360Chrome, reopen regedit, observe keys under "Software".

I changed 'Palette Title' to 'Tahoma' again with 360Chrome closed, now with no registry entries.
When I ran it, the registry entries came back, and 'FontFamily' still says 'MS Sans Serif'.
So if it is following one of the system theme font settings, it isn't that one, at least not on my system!

51 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

I changed 'Palette Title' to 'Tahoma' again with 360Chrome closed, now with no registry entries.
When I ran it, the registry entries came back, and 'FontFamily' still says 'MS Sans Serif'.
So if it is following one of the system theme font settings, it isn't that one, at least not on my system!

Hmm.  Palette Title changes it on my XP x64 but not on my XP x86.  :dubbio:

I admit that I don't quite follow the infatuation with this (zero interest in emoji fonts, a "Mozilla-ism" to the best I can surmise, I prefer to see a "square" for the missing font), but I'll still see what I can do to help.

What fonts do you have listed for the following?

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\International\Scripts\19  -->>  IEFixedFontName and IEPropFontName  (ignore this one, just noticed that it's an IE setting)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes  -->>  MS Shell Dlg 2

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

8 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

I suspect it might be the system font that's set in the 'MS Shell Dlg' entry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes.

I don't think it is that one because my 360Chrome font says Tahoma and that registry key says Microsoft Sans Serif (not MS Sans Serif, but Microsoft Sans Serif - if there's a difference).

Also, the registry key would have to say Segoe UI on a Win10 system, from the limited digging I've done.

Seems a "patched" system font is probably the easiest route - replace your "MS Sans Serif" with <cough, cough></end sarcasm> an emoji font.