360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

Installed software can influence whether chrome.dll will make it to 0x10000000 address or not, eg. I have number of programs which DLLs load in most processes - Actual Window Manager, HardLink Shell Extension, VirtualMIDISynth, Office 2010 - all of these have DLLs that compete for 0x10000000 spot.

1 hour ago, Humming Owl said:

Also, in some browsers (I don't remember which at the moment) modifying the "chrome_elf.dll" file results in the browser not opening (it shows a warning instead that the browser might have a trojan - basically me heh).

IIRC, it was mentioned somewhere in the notes by the Russian crew that 360chrome originally had a custom DLL signature check (i.e. not dependent on Authenticode), which for modding purposes has been patched out for chrome.dll and the rest, but not for chrome_elf.dll for security reasons.

14 hours ago, msfntor said:

In DCBrowser, I've only one DCBrowser.exe process in job (so highlighted in brown) - with Normaliz.dll (36 KB) module highlighted in orange.

This is the same for me on DCBrowser, one process first launch and nothing typed in the address bar (not even move the mouse into the text bar. Should this be in orange?

Am I using the right Normaliz.dll.

23.0 KB

Unicode Normalization DLL

V 6.0.5441.0

normal.JPG.dd9e49a4064a46777e7bd55e67094cef.JPG

Edited by XPerceniol

16 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

This is the same for me on DCBrowser, one process first launch and nothing typed in the address bar (not even move the mouse into the text bar. Should this be in orange?

Am I using the right Normaliz.dll.

23.0 KB

Unicode Normalization DLL

V 6.0.5441.0

normal.JPG.dd9e49a4064a46777e7bd55e67094cef.JPG

Yes, I've this same version.

It's not orange, but "Relocated Dll's" light brown color (carrot color), like other Dll's we've talked about......

Its Module size by Process Hacker: 36 KB, but in windows32 folder: 23 KB compressed by Windows surely file size...

Edited by msfntor

Updated DCBrowser:

- Applied delcert and libase to several DLLs and to the EXE file (detailed list on TXT file).

- Added a custom launcher for DCB (BATCH file for the browser) (needs to be in the same place the "DcBrowser.exe" is).

- Changed location of DCB download (Now Internet Archive)

Download --> https://archive.org/download/360EE_Modified_Version

Regarding the launcher ("DCB-Launcher.bat"), it forces the browser to create the user data folder in the same place as the executable of the program, if you don't want this you can easily remove the flag "--user-data-dir" in the launcher. The launcher is a separate download.

This is also a test, if it works well for the people using this browser I will do it to the rest of the browsers I share. I want to know if everything goes well.

Cheers.

47 minutes ago, Humming Owl said:

This is also a test, if it works well for the people using this browser I will do it to the rest of the browsers I share. I want to know if everything goes well.

Cheers.

Will keep you posted and this was a nice gift.

EDIT:

Wow ... WidevineCdm ... I hope that works as that was a nice surprise, as well to this new update.

Edited by XPerceniol

Plus Widevine is one of those ugly Google things built with an expiration date, sooner or later it stops working and you need a new version. Look on the bright side, that way, you are liberated from those POS streaming services.

52 minutes ago, UCyborg said:

Plus Widevine is one of those ugly Google things built with an expiration date, sooner or later it stops working and you need a new version. Look on the bright side, that way, you are liberated from those POS streaming services.

Yeah, I've gotten used to my streaming services without Widevine I'll try to make a listing for any of you interested that DO work. Documentary Heaven is my fav,

https://documentaryheaven.com/

5 hours ago, Humming Owl said:

Cheers.

RAM used: Ancient version: 190 MB. NEW version: 187 MB. So 3 MB better in Memory use! Thank you, @Humming Owl, best gift for Christmas 2022!:worship:

- downloaded only this file: DCB_4.0.7.22_Modified.7z

I've changed the name of this new DCBrowser folder  by adding 2022 (DCB_4.0.7.22_Modified2022) so WinRAR extraction was possible.

I've my all bookmarks and extensions here automatically with this extra easy download, thanks! (I use WinRAR Unplugged 3.9.1.1)

PS.

But now, in Process Hacker modules of DCBrowser.exe in job process (Working Set so memory: ancient:16.0 MB, new: 17.4 MB approx.), these modules are highlighted in "Relocated Dll's" light brown color (carrot color): 

ESENT.dll*

mswsock.dll

NETAPI32.dll

Normaliz.dll (like before, in ancient version..)

SAMLIB.dll

WS2HELP.dll

WS2_32.dll

wshtcpip.dll

...and why this browser has dual-core ... could you delete IE core maybe, please?..

Could you change ecosia.org for swisscows.com, please?

Edited by msfntor
added about WinRAR, carrot modules, IE core

On 12/24/2022 at 3:53 PM, UCyborg said:

Installed software can influence whether chrome.dll will make it to 0x10000000 address or not, eg. I have number of programs which DLLs load in most processes - Actual Window Manager, HardLink Shell Extension, VirtualMIDISynth, Office 2010 - all of these have DLLs that compete for 0x10000000 spot.

Agreed!  I also use Actual Window Manager and have noticed this being a possible culprit for why the VERY FIRST launch of 360Chrome coming out of HIBERNATE or FULL SHUTDOWN takes a lot longer then later launches.

18 hours ago, shelby said:

It works for Vista also

The last version of the Google WidevineCDM that was compatible with Vista SP2 (32-bit/64-bit) was v4.10.1196.0 (digitally signed on 20181009); all later versions contained one (or more) call(s) to APIs that are only found on Win7 SP1 and up...

v4.10.1196.0 originally shipped with Chrome 70; that version, of course, wouldn't launch under Vista SP2, but the CDM could be transplanted into 360EEv11/v12/v13 and there it worked until it got deprecated/revoked by Widevine Licence Servers on 20190814 (FWIW, that was the same date on which WVCDM v1.4.9.1088 - that ships with Serpent 52.9.0 - was also revoked :angry: ) ...

Currently, the only supported version of the CDM that is "whitelisted" by the Lic Servers is v4.10.2557.0 (digitally signed on 20220923); the immediately previous one, v4.10.2449.0, has been recently revoked :realmad: ...

Probing the 32-bit widevinecdm.dll v4.10.2557.0 with DW reveals two calls to 

GetThreadGroupAffinity
TryAcquireSRWLockExclusive

which are not available inside Vista SP2's kernel32.dll system file...

@shelby : If you're using Vista's Extended Kernel (by win32) on Vista SP2 64-bit, you should clarify that, because a "generic" claim like the one I quoted may lead to misunderstandings...

DCBrowser 4.0.7.22 (discussed in the posts above yours) is based on Chromium 75; WVCDM v4.10.2557.0 demands at least Chromium 68:

{
  "manifest_version": 2,
  "update_url": "https://clients2.google.com/service/update2/crx",
  "name": "WidevineCdm",
  "description": "Widevine Content Decryption Module",
  "version": "4.10.2557.0",
  "minimum_chrome_version": "68.0.3430.0",
  "x-cdm-module-versions": "4",
  "x-cdm-interface-versions": "10",
  "x-cdm-host-versions": "10",
  "x-cdm-codecs": "vp8,vp09,avc1,av01",
  "x-cdm-persistent-license-support": true,
  "x-cdm-supported-encryption-schemes": [
    "cenc",
    "cbcs"
  ],
  "icons": {
    "16": "imgs/icon-128x128.png",
    "128": "imgs/icon-128x128.png"
  },
  "platforms": [
    {
      "os": "win",
      "arch": "x64",
      "sub_package_path": "_platform_specific/win_x64/"
    },
    {
      "arch": "x86",
      "sub_package_path": "_platform_specific/win_x86/"
    },
    {
      "arch": "arm64",
      "sub_package_path": "_platform_specific/win_arm64/"
    }
  ]
}

(you can grab WVCDM v4.10.2557.0 from within a Google Chrome 107+ installation)

Testing site:

https://bitmovin.com/demos/drm

21 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Look on the bright side, that way, you are liberated from those POS streaming services.

... Sadly, the DARK side is that Google's DRM is spreading like metastatic aggressive cancer cells, it's EVERYWHERE now :realmad: (when before it used to be only in paid-for media services); have a look inside youtube-dl/yt-dlp issue trackers and you'll see what I mean :} ... DRM is really EVIL (more so for users of "legacy" browsers on "legacy" systems); Google have recently abandoned Win7/8/8.1 in their browser, a not-so-distant WidevineCDM updated release will only run under Win10+ :realmad: :( ...

Edited by VistaLover
Corrections about the chromium core (v75, not v55) DCBrowser_4.0.7.22 is based on

2 hours ago, msfntor said:

But now, in Process Hacker modules of DCBrowser.exe in job process (Working Set so memory: ancient:16.0 MB, new: 17.4 MB approx.), these modules are highlighted in "Relocated Dll's" light brown color (carrot color): 

ESENT.dll*

mswsock.dll

NETAPI32.dll

Normaliz.dll (like before, in ancient version..)

SAMLIB.dll

WS2HELP.dll

WS2_32.dll

wshtcpip.dll

No idea what these are :dubbio:

...and why this browser has dual-core ... could you delete IE core maybe, please?..

Can't do that, the first reason being because I don't know how and also because I believe it is hardcoded.

Could you change ecosia.org for swisscows.com, please?

You should be able to change the default search engine on the settings of the browser.

33 minutes ago, VistaLover said:

Additionally, IIUC, DCBrowser 4.0.7.22 (discussed in the posts above yours) is based on Chromium 55, while WVCDM v4.10.2557.0 demands at least Chromium 68:

AFAIK, I thought it was based on Chromium 75 :blink:

42 minutes ago, Humming Owl said:

No idea what these are :dubbio:

I do. MS Spyware; period!

ESENT.dll

Have a look under:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ESENT\Process]

....and you'll get the creeps at how much it is tracking and spying ... we did address this quite some time ago and it was (sorry, memory faulty, not computer RAM, maybe their recollection is better then I) @D.Draker and @NotHereToPlayGames that detected this and we were (ATTEMPTING TO) replace the native firewall in XP with Comodo Firewall, but I'll admit I reverted back and away from Comodo and just delete the processes on that reg key. Too much hassle.

Server Database Storage Engine

Sorry, maybe I can locate our old posting, but a search here in the search box pulled nothing.

EDIT:

If you axe it, your firewall won't start and you'll need to find an alternative. Maybe I'll revisit it again.

Edited by XPerceniol