360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

34 minutes ago, msfntor said:

360Chrome v13 and v13.5 are on Chrome 86 ...

I mean, I only have 360Chrome on XP installation, which I haven't booted into in several months, and I meant to say that I don't have any flavor of Chromium 86 installed anywhere else to be able to see on my own how exactly that site renders on it.

Edited by UCyborg

2 minutes ago, UCyborg said:

I mean, I only have 360Chrome on XP installation, which I haven't booted into in several months, and I meant to say that I don't have any flavor of Chromium 86 installed anywhere else to be able to see on my own how exactly that site renders on it.

So maybe you could download on your Windows 10 - these DCBrowser or 360Chrome versions?...

In Win10, Ungoogled Chromium v86 (ie, same as 360Chrome v13 and v13.5) and Ungoogled Chromium v87 (ie, DCBrowser [correction, DCBrowser is v75!] Kafan MiniBrowser) both can NOT render Popular Mechanics web site correctly.

I need to use Ungoogled Chromium v89 to render Popular Mechanics correctly (do not have v88 and didn't go fetching it for this test).

Bottom line is that since v86 and v87 both do NOT work, then there is ZERO chance of getting Popular Mechanics web site to work in XP without jumping through some hoops within Dev Tools, uBlock, uMatrix, userstyle sheet, etc.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

The point is that on XP 360Chrome 13.x actually still works properly with the vast majority of websites.
How long that will last remains to be seen of course!
Yes, it's a resource hog, so not great for everybody, but on my machine it's very fast and stable.
:yes:

4 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

In Win10, Ungoogled Chromium v86 (ie, same as 360Chrome v13 and v13.5) and Ungoogled Chromium v87 (ie, DCBrowser [correction, DCBrowser is v75!] Kafan MiniBrowser) both can NOT render Popular Mechanics web site correctly.

I need to use Ungoogled Chromium v89 to render Popular Mechanics correctly (do not have v88 and didn't go fetching it for this test).

Bottom line is that since v86 and v87 both do NOT work, then there is ZERO chance of getting Popular Mechanics web site to work in XP without jumping through some hoops within Dev Tools, uBlock, uMatrix, userstyle sheet, etc.

This is a very good confirmation they still make fixes for 360 to render modern sites. Unfortunately still doesn't work for my gym.

14 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Thanks for confirmation. I do happen to be on Chrome 87 on the smartphone and the site is indeed messed up there. Not as future-proof as I hoped. If I'm not mistaken, Chrome 87 is the last for XP (MiniBrowser).

12 hours ago, Dave-H said:

Yes, it's a resource hog, so not great for everybody, but on my machine it's very fast and stable.

I don't recall checking the memory usage when no site is open with modified versions from our members @NotHereToPlayGames and @Humming Owl, but the original Russian repack of version 13.something (I think it was 2206) consumed over 800 MB of RAM, just sitting there. Well, that was with all my usual extensions and if I'm not mistaken, Chrome even puts every extension in its own process. 64-bit ChrEdge 94 on Win10 got to about 400 MB.

16 hours ago, msfntor said:

So maybe you could download on your Windows 10 - these DCBrowser or 360Chrome versions?...

Indeed, just had too many things open at the time and I wasn't ready to close them just yet, plus I tend to run temporary stuff inside a virtual machine or on a separate native Windows installation, where former obviously needs some free RAM to even boot.

You don't want to see my XP installation in a virtual machine, it's like a bedroom that hasn't been cleaned up in years. :D

Edited by UCyborg

18 hours ago, msfntor said:

The first thing to do with this website, if you use uBlock O. like me, and not Proxomitron, is to allow (put in green) www.popularmechanics.com and hearstapps.com. If we don't talk about the home page this time, but on the articles, the site is almost OK here. In the articles, the images are of good dimensions, the text is OK. Then, sometimes we have the links to other articles on the first article link. Videos OK in the articles..

- in DCBrowser I've BIG pictures on this website! EXTREME 360Chrome v13.5, v13, v12 pictures are smaller in the article tab (big in the new tab)..

So here you've partial quote from my post in precedent page, edited.

This website works good with articles in: DCBrowser, and Extreme 360Chrome 13.5, 13, 12 versions.

WHY oh why...

Why I've "We don't support your current browser version. Please upgrade your browser, it includes important security updates." nag screen/window at the top of this link: https://www.deviantart.com/timzuneeverse

- but only in DCBrowser AND Extreme 360Chrome v13.5, please???

Extreme 360Chrome v13 AND v12 doesn't have this window...

Edited by msfntor

13 minutes ago, we3fan said:

Is it possible to block all .js files that contain "browser-support" in the name, on all websites in uBlock?

Unsure.  I have always felt uBlock to be an inferior product and I use uMatrix (and intentionally an older version by choice).

uMatrix blocks most of them by default because they tend to always be "third-party" or "sub-domain" .js files.

ie, this one is at st.deviantart.net instead of the page you are visiting which is www.deviantart.com.

image.png.fa2992023b45698b9e93c1f36dfeab67.png

11 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

What user agent are you sending in DCB vs v13.5 vs v13 vs v12?

Because that website does a simple substring test from this one .js file  --  https://st.deviantart.net/eclipse/browser-support.min.js?20220218

With https://www.whatismybrowser.com/detect/what-is-my-user-agent/

- I've:

DCBrowser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/104.0.5144.141 Safari/537.36

360Chrome v13.5: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/86.0.4240.198 Safari/537.36

360Chrome v13 (M, and your): Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/86.0.4240.198 Safari/537.36

360Chrome v12: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/78.0.3904.108 Safari/537.36

- BUT Today, don't have more this nag window on https://www.deviantart.com/timzuneeverse - in DCBrowser nor 360Chrome v13.5, if st.deviantart.net is not allowed by me (so is natively forbidden partially).. in the new tab.

- and have this nag window, if st.deviantart.net is allowed by me expressly.. in the new tab.

This same comportment in 360Chrome v13 and v12.

Remind me please, how to change native user agent, but not with extension? Thanks!

Edited by msfntor
- BUT Today, ... This same..in v13 and v12.