360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

10 hours ago, hidao said:

https://dcbrowser.cqttech.com/feedback

You can used this url to contect the developer of DCbrowser

Or you can show me the problem as detailed as possible, I'll happy to help you to sent it to the devloper of Dcbrowser

I replaced the dlls and it appears it still hangs. Does it require a certain version of microsoft runtime libraries?

I'll touch base with a debug view capture and post the results. hopefully it sheds some information on the hang.

ok. great for the help.

when I try the translation feature on 360, it defaults to chinese and clicking on lookup on google gives an error.

so thank you.

Edited by verta

13 hours ago, verta said:

I replaced the dlls and it appears it still hangs. Does it require a certain version of microsoft runtime libraries?

I'll touch base with a debug view capture and post the results. hopefully it sheds some information on the hang.

ok. great for the help.

when I try the translation feature on 360, it defaults to chinese and clicking on lookup on google gives an error.

so thank you.

Please do let us know. It never hangs or crashes after I reset the profile and sometimes I have it going all day, but if not watching a movie, I keep sessions short. 

dc2.thumb.JPG.efa8f310e4d6ac6b2df12564513c6ae7.JPGdc1.thumb.JPG.4ce72f9864e0190f518b8226d86504ce.JPG

I'll admit, I have my profile pretty tight, alas lots of features are blocked (that way I prefer). 

Could you guys telll how you got the squares? Its not happening but I only have the English Language; I admit.

We can do this so don't let others bully you away from it - its been a great browser just needs some LOVE :)

PS:

Buy the looks of things this morning (actually, every morning) my primary language is Gibberish. :blink: Sorry guys, I trued to correct.

Edited by XPerceniol

I strongly recommend the *global* flags..

--no-first-run --disable-file-system --disable-gpu --disable-logging --disable-webg --disable-component-update --disable-background-networking --ssl-version-min=tls1.2 --enable-strict-mixed-content-checking --no-pings

Edited by XPerceniol

On 11/7/2022 at 3:44 AM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I think also that too many folks around here don't really fully understand what me and Humming Owl did with these browsers....

I think people are EXTREMELY grateful and thankful for  the hard work you and humming own did (and continue to do) for the community :thumbup:yes::cool:

Edited by XPerceniol

2 hours ago, verta said:

ok. great for the help.

so thank you.

I tried attaching the file here, but I do not have enough space. I'll try a dr watson debug session at some point.

http://tnabbs.org/public/files/dcbrowsercrashlog.zip

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html could be useful, "WhatIsHang - Get information about Windows software that stopped responding (hang)".

where do you guys upload files, like rapidshare, megaupload? or can I get my file limit increased?

Edited by verta

2 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

I strongly recommend the *global* flags..

--no-first-run --disable-file-system --disable-gpu --disable-logging --disable-webg --disable-component-update --disable-background-networking --ssl-version-min=tls1.2 --enable-strict-mixed-content-checking --no-pings

I tried these command line switches in command prompt, since it was to long to put in a shortcut.

It still crashed, I attached a crash dump; https://msfn.org/board/topic/182876-360-extreme-explorer-modified-version/page/100/#comments

17 hours ago, verta said:

I tried these command line switches in command prompt, since it was to long to put in a shortcut.

It still crashed, I attached a crash dump; https://msfn.org/board/topic/182876-360-extreme-explorer-modified-version/page/100/#comments

I'm sorry I don't know how to help you?!

I really thought:

disable-file-system --disable-gpu

...was the answer, so I don't know, hopefully somebody knows something.

XPerceniol, thanks for the help. I never realized how many command line switches there are. I'll reference the chrome website to see, find more. I can always try yours one at a time, however I did find something interesting.

checking out the access violation below using ms debugger, it appears to be caused from, "Draw pen tip" dll version 1.01038.0" in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\INK\SKCHUI.DLL...

wonder if you guys have that dll and if so what version.

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.402 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

ModLoad: 3fde0000 40228000   C:\WINDOWS\system32\msi.dll
ModLoad: 07b30000 07b8b000   C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\INK\SKCHUI.DLL
(18c0.137c): Access violation - code c0000005 (first chance)
First chance exceptions are reported before any exception handling.
This exception may be expected and handled.
eax=00000024 ebx=005408c2 ecx=0013efe8 edx=00000000 esi=00236198 edi=00236190
eip=00236198 esp=0013eea0 ebp=0013eee8 iopl=0         nv up ei pl nz na pe nc
cs=001b  ss=0023  ds=0023  es=0023  fs=003b  gs=0000             efl=00010206
*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found.  Defaulted to export symbols for chrome.exe - 
00236198 c744240490612300 mov     dword ptr [esp+4],236190h ss:0023:0013eea4=005408c2

WinDbgdcb.log

13 hours ago, verta said:

ok. great for the help.

so thank you.

I have no idea for your question,sorry

On 11/7/2022 at 6:19 PM, verta said:

checking out the access violation below using ms debugger, it appears to be caused from, "Draw pen tip" dll version 1.01038.0" in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\INK\SKCHUI.DLL...

wonder if you guys have that dll and if so what version.

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.402 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Ah, I did some research (as I'm sure you did, as well) and people are saying a lot. I don't have this dll or "Draw pen tip" on my VERY slim XP. Maybe this is it. My first thought was hardware acceleration or even DEP, but I would hesitate to recommend to disable those  crucial security components. That being said: I'm a rebel :buehehe:

Hopefully you'll figure out the cause soon. Out of curiosity, is this also happening on all the Chrome Builds?

any luck today?

Edited by XPerceniol

3 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Ah, I did some research (as I'm sure you did, as well) and people are saying a lot. I don't have this dll or "Draw pen tip" on my VERY slim XP. Maybe this is it. My first thought was hardware acceleration or even DEP, but I would hesitate to recommend to disable those  crucial security components. That being said: I'm a rebel :buehehe:

Hopefully you'll figure out the cause soon. Out of curiosity, is this also happening on all the Chrome Builds?

any luck today?

it cannot find a Symbol file in the draw pen tip, so it reverts back to chrome.exe for it.

other Chrome builds are working.

after the doctor watson debug capture, i can send the logs to the developer, i can check for draw pen tip with symbol dll. i'll have to do it without the translation patch.

13 hours ago, hidao said:

I have no idea for your question,sorry

for whatever reason the translation feature is not working for me. it appears to be defaulted to chinese and I cannot change it to english.

image.thumb.png.24b4589bb8d130ced8b4a70a721387a8.png