360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

18 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

If you're talking about X-Chromium, version 49.0.2605.0 rev16 is the last to run on XP.

Of course; winPenPack authors Team "last revision: 10.11.2012" from ReadMe ...

All versions above v49: on XP you have window after click on launch browser link:

Chrome.exe - Point d'entrée introuvable (in English: Entry point not found) (AcquireSRWLockExclusive in KERNEL32.dll).

So forget recent X-Chromium for XP ...

Too forget MiniBrowser - if you've Windows XP SP2, like me (SetProcessDEPPolicy missing in KERNEL32.dll...)

26 minutes ago, mina7601 said:
44 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

do you know which version was the last to support XP? thank you in advance :unsure:

If you're talking about X-Chromium, version 49.0.2605.0 rev16 is the last to run on XP.

But of course such a version makes no sense at all, as it is far too old. Besides, in this age category, Advanced Chrome Custom Build 54.20.6530.0 is by far the very best. :)

15 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

How well does Serpent 52, Serpent 55, BNavigator, New Moon 27, and New Moon 28 compare on your computer?

FWIW, here is the result of Speedometer 2.1 with New Moon 28, latest version 2022-11-03 on my 22 years old computer. This test lasted a long time. Therefore, no more tests on my old machine from me, unfortunately. Anyway, I thought people need to have something to laugh about here. lol6.gif And of course, I am interested in what values newer computers achieve compared to mine. :dubbio:

Speedometer-2-1-New-Moon-28.png

Cheers, AstroSkipper smilie-smoke-041.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

11 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

2.66 !!!???  Holy cow, Batman!

It should be noted that the "Speedometer" test takes several things into account.  I will get one result when running "fast" wi-fi, another result when connected directly to LAN.

My test was performed over a direct internet connection via LAN. bip.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
correction

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

My oldest (without running to the garage and putting old parts together) is only 14 years old.  eMachines T3656.

14 years, let me see... The end of 2008, people were buying Quads in huge quantities, smth like 

Q9550 was on the top of popularity list (price/performance). Such PC could still handle 360 explorer with no problems !

eMachines T3656 looks like a very underspecced PC for that era, like it was stolen from school or smth., no offence, lol.

Just as an off-topic aside, my latest 64 bit Firefox on Windows 10 only made 51.3 on Speedometer, and the latest Edge made 72.1.
The mind boggles as to what you must have to have to get into the red zone on the speedometer graphic!
Perhaps it's just for show......
:D