My Browser Builds (Part 3)

1 hour ago, Anbima said:

I have "Block remote fonts" in uBlock but it's still the same problem.

I would already change to chromium, but the fonts must be readable and the browser should be in German.

Did you try this? 

BGRGPUL.png

b4specp.png

21 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

You would have to edit and save the Preferences file while 360Chrome is not running (verify using Task Manager).

Seems to work, thank you.

22 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Somebody that speaks German would have to create the German language file - I have no interest nor time outside of English.

The language file already exists because there are Chrome in German. These would only have to be adapted. How can this be done? If it would only be details that would have to be customized, I could do it.

12 minutes ago, Anbima said:

The language file already exists because there are Chrome in German. These would only have to be adapted. How can this be done? If it would only be details that would have to be customized, I could do it.

For my versions (would require slightly different route in Humming Owl versions), you should only need to edit "browser_strings.xml" which is a file inside "en_skin.srx".

The .srx is just a renamed .zip extension and should extract with any .zip program you have.

View the .xml file using something like Notepad++ and change the English strings to German strings.

3 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

For my versions (would require slightly different route in Humming Owl versions), you should only need to edit "browser_strings.xml" which is a file inside "en_skin.srx".

Which is your version?

24 minutes ago, Anbima said:

Which is your version?

Here  --  https://msfn.org/board/topic/182993-360-extreme-explorer-arcticfoxie-versions/

I changed my member name from ArcticFoxie to NotHereToPlayGames because of some of the childish behavior that existed here at MSFN a while back but has since "cleaned up its act".

8 minutes ago, Anbima said:

And what ist the difference to:

HUNDREDS of differences.  You will have to use both and decide for yourself which is right for you.

BOTH have Chinese telemetry removed and they basically are 90% identical to each other.

It is that 10% that you basically need to decide for yourself which is right for you.

I want to throw a shoe at my monitor every time a Humming Owl version pops up a "nag screen" or I have to hit the "ESC" button to unlock the GUI - but those are first-run only and a matter of personal preference.

I just saw the new Mypal beta release, based on Firefox 68 and I can say I am impressed on how smooth it is on my machine.

Certainly there is a huge potential in this project. @feodor2 is a genius. I am writing those lines from Mypal 68.

On 4/4/2022 at 11:51 PM, VistaLover said:

5. Repeat step 3; right-clicking this second time results in the whole content of the issue comment to get selected:

This happens here on NM28 as well (latest github-wc-polyfill 1.2.18.1)...

(also on official Pale Moon 30.0.0, which was pulled back later...)

[Edit]

On official PM it seems fixed after updating to github-wc-polyfill 1.2.18.1 (?).

Edited by nicolaasjan

5 hours ago, nicolaasjan said:

This happens here on NM28 as well (latest github-wc-polyfill 1.2.18.1)...

Yes, it's most probably a platform (forked UXP) rather than an application (St52/NM28/etc.) bug...

5 hours ago, nicolaasjan said:

On official PM it seems fixed

Is that Pale Moon 29.4.5.1 ? Are you certain? :dubbio:

FWIW, in my tests (St52), the bug is present regardless of the gh-wc-pf add-on... A workaround I have found is to reload the GitHub issue tab prior to the second right-click, but it's still an inconvenience... :(

38 minutes ago, VistaLover said:

Is that Pale Moon 29.4.5.1 ? Are you certain? :dubbio:

No, that was on 30.0.0, which I got before it was pulled (I don't dare to "downgrade").

However now I tried again and indeed see the issue is still there (didn't encounter it this morning)...

14 hours ago, RamonUn said:

I just saw the new Mypal beta release, based on Firefox 68 and I can say I am impressed on how smooth it is on my machine.

Certainly there is a huge potential in this project. @feodor2 is a genius. I am writing those lines from Mypal 68.

I am writing this reply from Mypal 68 too!
Haven't posted here in months, but I just wanted to write in to say that on my old Pentium D, it's running extremely well. A little bit less stable than trusty Serpent 52 (which I am still keeping around, along with 'ungoogled' 360EE 13.5), but everything I've tried works fine!
Of course, I am sure that later updates will have vastly improved stability.

I'm definitely excited and hopeful for future breakthroughs in getting modern browsers working in XP.
Between Serpent 52/Mypal 68/360EE 13.x, the modern web still seems to be quite manageable, but things change frequently these days.

Also, many thanks to @feodor2 and @roytam1 for all of their hard work in helping to keep XP useful after all these years!

Advance Notice: no binary will be released tomorrow.

since goanna3 branch hitting a problem when downloading files, and reported to upstream

and sp55 is still ongoing a sync with UXP changes.