Extreme Explorer 360 Chromium 78-86 General Discussion

9 hours ago, blackwingcat said:

360ee v11.0.2251 was released.

I recommend not to install official version but Repack & Portable version.

https://lrepacks.ru/repaki-programm-dlya-interneta/182-360-extreme-explorer-amp-portable.html

Were you actually able to run the unpacker under win2k? I couldn't and had to do it in XP.

But yes, this version cuts out most if not all of the Chinese telemetry, as confirmed by kerio not bombarding me with connection requests.

I still can't get uBlock Origin to install though (in win2k). But uMatrix does work better than it did about seven months ago.

Unfortunately youtube doesn't work very well, as it shows me nothing but blank video thumbnails, which appears to be the fault of uMatrix. If only google ads didn't have crypto mining routines and redirects galore...

SetThreadDescription and DiscardVirtualMemory are key missing APIs in kernel32.dll.

On 12/3/2019 at 6:41 AM, win32 said:

Were you actually able to run the unpacker under win2k? I couldn't and had to do it in XP.

But yes, this version cuts out most if not all of the Chinese telemetry, as confirmed by kerio not bombarding me with connection requests.

I still can't get uBlock Origin to install though (in win2k). But uMatrix does work better than it did about seven months ago.

Unfortunately youtube doesn't work very well, as it shows me nothing but blank video thumbnails, which appears to be the fault of uMatrix. If only google ads didn't have crypto mining routines and redirects galore...

SetThreadDescription and DiscardVirtualMemory are key missing APIs in kernel32.dll.

I have not tried to run unpacker on Windows 2000 yet.

I extract it on Windows 10 and create translated Japanese version.

Japanese version packed with cab.

And it works on Win2000.

Edited by blackwingcat

On 12/2/2019 at 12:27 PM, blackwingcat said:

https://lrepacks.ru/repaki-programm-dlya-interneta/182-360-extreme-explorer-amp-portable.html

Thanks a lot for the link.

The repack version is more stable and fast that Maxthon Browser or the official release.

But some pages as youtube are displayed in russian... :blink:

Do you know how to get ride of this ? 

12 hours ago, genieautravail said:

But some pages as youtube are displayed in russian...

During the first installation, you must disable the option "Basic settings (for initial installation)". Then Google, YouTube and other multilingual sites will be displayed in the system language. But then many settings (search, start page, browser settings) will be such as in the Chinese version.

12 hours ago, ED_Sln said:

During the first installation, you must disable the option "Basic settings (for initial installation)". Then Google, YouTube and other multilingual sites will be displayed in the system language. But then many settings (search, start page, browser settings) will be such as in the Chinese version.

Thanks a lot for the tip. :thumbup

On 12/2/2019 at 8:27 AM, blackwingcat said:

True. Thanks! And it works well on XP. However, it still remains derived from Chromium 69.0.3497.100. So, I've corrected the thread title accordingly.

• dencorso changed the title to Extreme Explorer 360 (Chromium 69) - General Discussion

While the stable version remains based on Chromium 69, a new build of the Chromium 78-based version (12.0.1010) has been released:

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1991554.html

In Windows 2000, browsing is currently not as easy as it should be.
However, I feel that the interval until the crash after the start has become a little longer (・ω・)

I don't think we'll need it if Serpent Quantum "56-ish" comes to fruition though.

Edited by win32
firefox 56 is not quantum :embarassed:

3 hours ago, win32 said:

While the stable version remains based on Chromium 69, a new build of the Chromium 78-based version (12.0.1010) has been released:

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1991554.html

I don't think we'll need it if Serpent "56-ish" comes to fruition though.

? Is someone working on porting Rust to XP?

3 hours ago, win32 said:

a new build of the Chromium 78-based version (12.0.1010) has been released

Well, that's an early beta... menaing some two or three notches above vaporware, but not useful yet. If it ever reaches release, then we may consider trying it, but no way before that.

22 minutes ago, Hunterw said:

Tempting, but...

nerve wracking. Can you trust your logins, personal data and system to this? Any other software, rootkits, keyloggers, I mean, I don't know what I'm getting here. Do you?

The original Chinese version connects to state-owned servers, but the Russian repack in blackwingcat's link has the telemetry stripped out (confirmed using Kerio firewall connection requests). Aside from that it doesn't seem to have a negative effect on the OS.

The patched version of EE 360 browser has preference for displaying sites in Russian. How do I force it to English?
Relevant items in Settings page seem to be missing.

Edit: found solution.

360Chrome\Chrome\User Data\Default\Preferences

With text editor, look for "accept_languages"
Flip language order like: "accept_languages": "en-US,en,ru-RU,ru"
Clear cookies or start with new Portable if sites are still RU.

Edited by 404notfound

In the official Chinese version 11.0.2251.0 it does not exist "accept_languages" in the preferences file.
Any idea how to force 360 Extreme Browser to display web pages in specific languages?
Can you paste here the lines that come in the Russian version?

Edited by Cixert