Extreme Explorer 360 Chromium 78-86 General Discussion

13 hours ago, Windows 2000 said:

Okay, apparently this browser isn’t open sourced as it was advertised, so does that mean that we are all on a dead end here?

Not in my opinion. Although the more paranoid may eschew it, I do believe the more browser alternatives we have, the merrier! In fact, to me it's clear that day-to -day use requires just a decently working browser and, preferably, also a not-too-paranoid real-time antivirus. All the rest can be done without any need to use the very latest version of whatever program one must use. So Chrome 360 actually is a welcome gust of much needed fresh air into our already very claustrophobic EoS-is-not-EoL situation. Long Live XP!

1 hour ago, Windows 2000 said:

On the positive side of things, I just checked it and it seems that most of the points are from better page rendering on Chrome 360's side. In fact, just as good as the latest Chrome.

I am quite confused by this point. I will probably keep using Chrome 49. I just shared it so that I would at least try to help a little in porting a newer browser to XP. Maybe for an insipration from Chrome 360's source if it were available as I thought it was (as it was advertised as open source) but I guess that is also a lost cause.

I hope if nothing else, at least it has been proven that bare bones Windows XP SP3 can handle Chromium 69 with some efforts.

Well, at least we know it's possible to port Chromium 69 to XP, even if it takes a boatload of manual work to do it. @FranceBB's getting frustrated with a similar project, but he showed that even one person can make a lot of progress.

As for the HTML5test, most of the stuff it tests for is good, so for the most part, higher scores are still better. Just not in every case. As with any benchmark, you should read the results carefully and not obsess too much over an overall "score."

11 hours ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

Try running some tests with Chrome 360 and compare the results to Chrome/Chromium:

http://ip-check.info/?lang=en

https://www.browserscope.org/security/test

https://browseraudit.com/

Browser Audit Results:

Chrome 360 Results.png

Chrome Results.png

Test Results.png

** IP Check seems to be nearly identical for both browser and both of them are getting terrible results. 

Edited by Windows 2000

Did you take a test with Chrome 49 and Chrome 360 right?
And is better Chrome 360.
Also check the Privacy parameters also with:

https://panopticlick.eff.org/

https://browserleaks.com/

P.S. You just have to make a comparison.
Don't worry about the results.
To get good results with Chrome you need to act on the Peter Beverloo list command line parameters + add some specific extensions

Edited by Sampei.Nihira

14 minutes ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

And is better Chrome 360.

Surprisingly, yes. I am getting more and more confused with each test because Chrome 360 is either getting better or the same results with Chrome.. :dubbio:Is it still safe for daily use?

Browser Leaks seems to give nearly identical results on both web browser.

Panopticlick Results also gives identical results:

Results.png

Edited by Windows 2000

Both browsers are getting:

Your browser fingerprint appears to be unique among the 198,281 tested in the past 45 days.

Currently, we estimate that your browser has a fingerprint that conveys at least 17.6 bits of identifying information

About the "bits of identifying information" - Chrome 360 seems to be getting a bit lower numbers.

Edited by Windows 2000

In terms of Security it is certain that Chrome 360 is more secure than Chrome49.
For Privacy with so little data and fragmentation it is impossible to establish any conclusion.

I can advise you to use Chrome360 with my privacy and security settings:

Chrome --no-referrers --ssl-version-min=tls1.2 -cipher-suite-blacklist=0x002F,0x0035,0x000A,0x009C,0x009D --disable-webg

Chrome://Flags

Extension Content Verification - Enforce Strict
Enable AppContainer Lockdown - Enabled
Framebusting-requires-sameorigin-or a-user gesture - Enabled

Extensions:

Cookie Autodelete
BP Privacy Block All Font and Glyph Detection
U.B.O.
Decentraleyes
ScriptSafe
- Only the functions described below are enabled:

Block Browser Plugin Enumeration
Protection from Canvas Fingerprints
Block Audio Fingerprinting
Block Battery Fingerprinting
Block Enumeration of the Device
Block Access to Canvas Font

The start of each of my browsers in Windows XP is with limited rights.

Edited by Sampei.Nihira

Chrome 360 installs itself in "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\360Chrome", instead of in  "%PROGRAMFILES%\360Chrome", as usual. Besides that and having to find out one has to select 显示为空白页 and deselect the other two options on the settings of the "New Tab" page to get a blank "New Tab" page, instead of that annoying Chinese search page :angry: , I think it's working great. So there's one more relatively recent browser working on XP. This is good news indeed! Thanks @Windows 2000, you rock! :thumbup

On 5/3/2019 at 7:12 PM, dencorso said:

Chrome 360 installs itself in "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\360Chrome", instead of in  "%PROGRAMFILES%\360Chrome", as usual. Besides that and having to find out one has to select 显示为空白页 and deselect the other two options on the settings of the "New Tab" page to get a blank "New Tab" page, instead of that annoying Chinese search page :angry: , I think it's working great. So there's one more relatively recent browser working on XP. This is good news indeed! Thanks @Windows 2000, you rock! :thumbup

Actually, Chrome 360 was in English the whole time for me for some reason. The default search page was chinese however which was kind of tricky to get fixed, but with Google set to default, I've gotta say it works surprisingly well.  :w00t:

What surprised me the most was actually that according to @win32 it works even on Windows 2000 - an nearly two decade old operating system running a browser from late 2018. That's flabbergasting.

On 5/3/2019 at 3:58 PM, Windows 2000 said:

Actually, Chrome 360 was in English the whole time for me for some reason. The default search page was chinese however which was kind of tricky to get fixed, but with Google set to default, I've gotta say it works surprisingly well.  :w00t:

What surprised me the most was actually that according to @win32 it works even on Windows 2000 - an nearly two decade old operating system running a browser from late 2018. That's flabbergasting.

Vanilla?