Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Sign in to follow this  
Mov AX, 0xDEAD

NTOSKRNL Emu_Extender for Windows Xp/2003

Posted (edited)

Nice, but do you have download links for already compiled drivers ? :w00t:

And how to install all these drivers on a already existing XP system ?

I understand the purpose of the NVME or USB 3.0 drivers but what is the purpose of the WDF and storport.sys drivers ?

Edited by genieautravail
Correction

12 hours ago, genieautravail said:

Nice, but do you have download links for already compiled drivers ? :w00t:

As you can guess, there could be some legal trouble in sharing modified MS driver files, so having instructions on how to do it is the best way.

12 hours ago, genieautravail said:

I understand the purpose of the NVME or USB 3.0 drivers but what is the purpose of the WDF and storport.sys drivers ?

WDF = Windows Driver Foundation has functions that allow newer drivers to work properly. WDF 1.11 was released with Windows 8.0 and as an update for Vista and 7. storport is a storage related driver that allows the generic AHCI drivers and NVMe to work.

Posted (edited)

OK, I understand much better now.

It is useful to install the NTOSKRNL Emu_Extender and storport.sys without moded AHCI drivers on a already existing XP system ?

Edited by genieautravail

This is AMAZING! I should give this a try on my XP32 laptop and see what she can do.

Out of curiosity, how difficult would it be to create a version of this for XP64? Is it just a matter of compiling a certain way?

5 minutes ago, TrevMUN said:

Out of curiosity, how difficult would it be to create a version of this for XP64? Is it just a matter of compiling a certain way?

It successfully compiled in the Vista x64 build environment so it wouldn't hurt to try in the XP/2003 x64 one.

• Like 1

I'll have to give this a try and report back!

Posted (edited)

where can one find Vista Beta/Longhorn 5456.5's ksecdd.sys :unsure: , doesnt seem to work on vista with 6003's ksecdd.sys for w8's usb 3.0 and where exactly is the "security_cookie"

Edited by burd

22 hours ago, burd said:

where can one find Vista Beta/Longhorn 5456.5's ksecdd.sys :unsure: , doesnt seem to work on vista with 6003's ksecdd.sys for w8's usb 3.0 and where exactly is the "security_cookie"

Longhorn build 5456.5 is on WinWorld.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ximonite said:

Longhorn build 5456.5 is on WinWorld.

Thanks

On 7/7/2020 at 5:06 AM, burd said:

security_cookie is constant 0x4EE640BB inside file

3 hours ago, Mov AX, 0xDEAD said:

security_cookie is constant 0x4EE640BB inside file

well i cant find it , im using CFF explorer

Posted (edited)

Cool, is there plan also for extender of userspace API (some kernelex ressurection for NT with e.g. a help of WINE codebase)? If I remember I saw some attempts but nothing alive...

Edited by xrayer