NTOSKRNL Emu_Extender for Windows XP/2003

40 minutes ago, Outbreaker said:

I got it now, I had to add spaces "4E E6 40 BB" if i simply Copy&Paste it then the Editor won't let me add any spaces and i had to type it in manually. :crazy:

HxD can handle it without spaces :)

• 2 weeks later...

@Mov AX, 0xDEAD Can you please try to adapt ReactOS MmMapIoSpace as MmMapIoSpaceEx into your extender? Seems like ReactOS already impemented it.

https://doxygen.reactos.org/d6/d4e/iosup_8c.html#ab8226d02760f43cf18eea59e065a94f3

EDIT: I have also found this code which seems much better

https://github.com/microsoft/Windows-driver-samples/blob/main/general/pcidrv/kmdf/HW/nic_init.c

Edited by George King

I tried installing the latest version of Intel HD 4000 driver on Windows Vista extended kernel using NTOSKRNL Emu_Extender, and it worked successfully, but it causes most other apps crashing, even the aero theme won't work and the Intel HD control panel itself won't open...

Edited by Brickedandroid

3 hours ago, Damnation said:

There are already Vista drivers for Intel HD 4000

But I hate the old versions of Intel HD 4000 drivers (which have dark color accent of the control panel window) because of the slowdowns in PCSX2 and glitchy screen in Windows 8.1/10 VM in VirtualBox!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2022 at 8:04 AM, Damnation said:

@Brickedandroid

You don't need to use NTOSKRNL Emu_Extender on Vista, NTOSKRNL Emu_Extender is for XP.

There are already Vista drivers for Intel HD 4000.

Extender is for XP / 2003 / Vista / 7 :)

I have updated it today to v12 with @pappyN4 changes, new functons for XP, RtlInitAnsiStringEx + RtlInitUnicodeStringEx

I have also addd two new functions memcmp (XP / 2003 x86) + MmMapIoSpaceEx (XP - 7). These functions are added accoding to googled source code :)

@Mov AX, 0xDEAD Can you please review our changes?

https://github.com/GeorgeK1ng/NTOSKRNL_Emu
Edited by George King

6 hours ago, George King said:

Extender is for XP / 2003 / Vista / 7 :)

I have updated it today to v12 with @pappyN4 changes, new functons for XP, RtlInitAnsiStringEx + RtlInitUnicodeStringEx

I have also addd two new functions memcmp (XP / 2003 x86) + MmMapIoSpaceEx (XP - 7). These functions are added accoding to googled source code :)

@Mov AX, 0xDEAD Can you please review our changes?

https://github.com/GeorgeK1ng/NTOSKRNL_Emu

Does it fix the new version of Intel HD Graphics 4000 driver bug for Windows Vista Extended Kernel?

19 hours ago, Damnation said:

@Brickedandroid

What bug are you referring to?

The driver is installed successfully, but causes windows aero and most other programs that require D3D, or even the control panel itself to crash (BEX64, code 0xc0000005) until I disable that driver from Device Manager or get rid of igdumdim64.dll from System32 folder and igdumdim32.dll from SysWOW64 folder.

The control panel looks like this:

intelhd1.thumb.png.e775fffd0d14b79f681ac3541ab611ab.png

Edited by Brickedandroid

29 minutes ago, Damnation said:

@Brickedandroid

Unfortunately I don't think ntoskrnl extender will help for something like this - ntoskrnl extender just resolves missing exports.

Maybe try the XP driver on Vista, see if that works.

Do you mean the version that the control panel window looks like this?:

scaling_new.jpg.ae9664225f49db3bd34647561edfada5.jpg

Yes, that one worked perfectly, but I hate it! Because that version of Intel HD 4000 slows PCSX2 down drastically and makes the Windows 8.1 and 10 VM in VirtualBox visually inoperable at all after installing the Guest Additions with D3D!!!

Edited by Brickedandroid