My Browser Builds (Part 2)

On 4/10/2021 at 12:02 AM, Sampei.Nihira said:

These days many MSFN members read that many modern browses have blocked some ports to prevent NAT Slipstreaming attacks.

For members who want to learn more:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/google-chrome-to-block-port-554-to-stop-nat-slipstreaming-attacks/

If we want to take as an example the ports blocked by Google Chome these are:

69, 137, 161, 554, 1719, 1720, 1723, 5060, 5061, 6566.

Advanced user does not block threats through browser-level ports anyway, but uses a firewall.

It's just new chrome advertising.

On 4/10/2021 at 1:25 AM, Sampei.Nihira said:

No problem with NM28:

100.jpg

Not only fiverr.com, but also fiverrcdn.com should be allowed,  and browser be restarted after changing about:config to reproduce the hang.

update:

I was about to say thank @XPerceniol I have narrowed down to "javascript.options.baselinejit;true", but suddenly I cannot reproduce the hang by all means. Strange,  but also good for I do not want to turn that option off: it slows js executing about 10 times according to sunspider test.

Edited by luweitest
update

5 hours ago, luweitest said:

Not only fiverr.com, but also fiverrcdn.com should be allowed,  and browser be restarted after changing about:config to reproduce the hang.

update:

I was about to say thank @XPerceniol I have narrowed down to "javascript.options.baselinejit;true", but suddenly I cannot reproduce the hang by all means. Strange,  but also good for I do not want to turn that option off: it slows js executing about 10 times according to sunspider test.

Yes you are right.
The second script is causing problem.
I stressed the website a bit and saw CPU spikes almost up to 100%.
Then the browser doesn't respond.

I did not continue further because I have a lot of work to do in these 2 days.
I suggest you scroll down the page and wait for the pop-up.
Then check the debug script:

100.jpg

Edited by Sampei.Nihira

On 4/4/2021 at 8:09 AM, roytam1 said:

<OT>

and for me, I got my first dose of BNT few weeks ago and will get second dose on Friday, hope everything will be fine.

</OT>

Hope everything went alright with your 2nd shot - I get my 2nd at the end of the month. :unsure:

13 hours ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

Yes you are right.
The second script is causing problem.
I stressed the website a bit and saw CPU spikes almost up to 100%.
Then the browser doesn't respond.

I did not continue further because I have a lot of work to do in these 2 days.
I suggest you scroll down the page and wait for the pop-up.
Then check the debug script:

100.jpg

Yes today I could reproduce the problem again. I should wait a little longer to see it happen. Maybe the page has a js continuously running and will hog all resource sooner or later. But here I have no "busy script" alert here: basilisk.exe just crashes when reaching maximum memory available (private bytes reaching about 1.4GiB, normally 300~500MiB), maybe because I have set virtual memory to 0 (I have 2GiB physical memory).

<OT>

4 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Hope everything went alright with your 2nd shot - I get my 2nd at the end of the month. :unsure:

yeah I'm fine after 2nd dose, just feel additional tiredness for 2~3 days after doses.

</OT>

Hi! There were two problems with New Moon 28:

1) Some sites do not store passwords, although I confirm that they are saved;

2) Can I disable restoring previous tabs when I start after a fall?

Thank you.

On 4/12/2021 at 5:44 AM, bernd said:

Roy, latest NM Version: 27.10.0 (32-bit) (2021-04-09) crashes upon closing PDF-pop-up window in my webmail (service). Opening document is fine.

Error report is appended. Please have a look. Thanks.

error_console.txt 2.68 kB · 2 downloads

this seems to be fixed by upstream commit, hopefully it will be fixed in next build

On 4/8/2021 at 6:39 PM, gerwin said:

Thanks a lot! I will check if the information you provided enables me to adjust the language pack for latest NM28. If so, I will share a copy here.

I tried to make a "content.dtd" based on the one found at this link. But that did not work, maybe because of the #ifdef etc.

https://github.com/roytam1/UXP/tree/650abe2cb9eb02c14369a807a6225ebb053d0b17/application/palemoon/locales/en-US/chrome/browser/preferences

Then I found a local copy of "content.dtd" in the Newmoon 28 "omni.ja" file. Using that file, either original or a translation based on it, works fine. :)

Attached Dutch language pack for NewMoon 28, version 03-2021. Except for the mentioned "content.dtd" file, it is identical to "pm-langpack-nl-28.10.0"

Edit: Revision B changes and adds three files: menus.properties / webide.dtd / webide.properties

pm-langpack-nl-28.10.0 Adjusted Post-03-2021B.xpi

Edited by gerwin

7 hours ago, gerwin said:

I tried to make a "content.dtd" based on the one found at this link. But that did not work, maybe because of the #ifdef etc.

https://github.com/roytam1/UXP/tree/650abe2cb9eb02c14369a807a6225ebb053d0b17/application/palemoon/locales/en-US/chrome/browser/preferences

Then I found a local copy of "content.dtd" in the Newmoon 28 "omni.ja" file. Using that file, either original or a translation based on it, works fine. :)

Attached Dutch language pack for NewMoon 28, version 03-2021. Except for the mentioned "content.dtd" file, it is identical to "pm-langpack-nl-28.10.0"

NewMoon 28 Dutch Language Pack 03-2021.xpi 452.65 kB · 1 download

Thanks!

Just tested it and it works for the most part.

Only glitch I saw, is the Web Developer submenu...

Looks like this:

spacer.png

But instead should look like this:

spacer.png

12 hours ago, nicolaasjan said:

Thanks!

Just tested it and it works for the most part.

Only glitch I saw, is the Web Developer submenu...

Goed gevonden / Good find. It took a little digging again, but I found three differences with files in the language pack "nl\devtools\client" folder, all related to WebIDE. (Which was supposedly removed by roytam?, though not really). Anyways, it works now, please try the updated language pack in my edited previous post. 

• Dave-H changed the title to My Browser Builds (Part 2)
22 hours ago, gerwin said:

Edit: Revision B changes and adds three files: menus.properties / webide.dtd / webide.properties

2 hours ago, gerwin said:

but I found three differences with files in the language pack "nl\devtools\client" folder, all related to WebIDE.

... FTR, I did warn about WebIDE having been kept "here" but removed by "upstream" :

On 4/8/2021 at 5:14 AM, VistaLover said:

old code was kept by us, but removed by upstream (e.g. WebIDE inside devtools) and vice-versa, i.e. they introduced new code that was not adopted here...

I'm sure Dutch speaking members here will appreciate your efforts! :thumbup However, stay vigilant, more string changes on the way... :(

https://github.com/roytam1/UXP/commit/700f7804bdfe9f8d6dbb9b5dae825a297dd16a34#diff-a4c8afcf877e09836666f13acf9d862c30c2b029439418d1afd4fd63f61c1a9d