aero glass for version 1803

50 minutes ago, sbkw1983 said:

Gratitude for this!  Much obliged!

Wow, thank you so much for the info and such a kind and honest reply. You talk just like me. ^^ Haha, I never want you to shut up.

I have attached two pictures to be clear on what I mean. The first one is SquareCorners theme atlas. The second one is windows 7 theme atlas.

The windows 7 theme atlas has thick borders in every window but changing the BorderWidth and PaddedBorderWidth to 0 in WindowMetrics gives me thin borders everywhere except this metro calendar, wifi, battery...etc. tray icon popups.

I hope the authors of theme atlases can shed some light on how they achieved thin borders.

@MrGRiM

@infinality

@hfb

@least1234

@bigmuscle

@ORelio

@NoelC

@laballu

@oomek

@GIL

@JoshuaVL1988

Thank you all!

SquareCorners.jpg

Win 7.jpg

On 8/27/2018 at 12:52 PM, timia said:

Wow, thank you so much for the info and such a kind and honest reply. You talk just like me. ^^ Haha, I never want you to shut up.

I have attached two pictures to be clear on what I mean. The first one is SquareCorners theme atlas. The second one is windows 7 theme atlas.

The windows 7 theme atlas has thick borders in every window but changing the BorderWidth and PaddedBorderWidth to 0 in WindowMetrics gives me thin borders everywhere except this metro calendar, wifi, battery...etc. tray icon popups.

Sure thing, timia!  I'll definitely take a good look and keep you posted.

Also, you're very welcome and I'm glad we talk alike :-)

I gotta run for now - take care!

16 hours ago, Octopuss said:

Could anyone explain what "glass color" is to me? I am digging in the GUI again and I don't understand half the stuff.

I assume you're talking about the registry entries located at [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM] , yes?

If yes:

"glass color" aka 'ColorizationColor' = the color of an active window.

"inactive glass color" aka 'ColorizationColorInactive = the color of an inactive window

Did you read through the following link: http://glass8.eu/guide

Edited by sbkw1983

On 8/31/2018 at 9:55 AM, Octopuss said:

What do you mean by color of an active window? Do you mean the thin border around?

And about all the sliders though? Color balance? What does that do?

See attached picture.  The color chosen is black for both the active window and the inactive window.

I believe 'Color Balance' is the same thing as 'Color intensity' in Windows 7.

000.jpg

Edited by sbkw1983

On 28/06/2018 at 22:07, sbkw1983 said:

Havia uma nova atualização cumulativa para mim a partir Desenvolver 17134.112 para 17134,137.

1) Uma nova pasta em 'C: \ AeroGlass \ symbols \ dwmcore.pdb' precisa ser criado com o nome da seguinte forma: D1149747277D9F7BA3C1C34E145203531

2) Um novo 'dwmcore.pdb' precisa ser baixado a partir do seguinte link:  http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols/dwmcore.pdb/D1149747277D9F7BA3C1C34E145203531/dwmcore.pdb

3) O arquivo .BLOB baixado precisa ser renomeado 'dwmcore.pdb' e copiados para a pasta criada na primeira etapa.

4) Clique no botão 'Repetir' na janela pop-up 'incompatibilidade' e ele deve funcionar.

This link is offline. repair please   

@timia I've slightly modified the atlas and the layout to remove border. This is built around the default windows 10 theme and default Windows metrics settings. Windows 10 now tends to ignore border values (and often corner radius) - especially if you don't use custom themes, as it actually don't have them anymore - so layouts and atlases help to this purpose. It's not perfect, but at least it should work on any win10 theme :)

win7blacksq_atlas2.zip

On 9/7/2018 at 4:06 PM, Hadden said:

@timia I've slightly modified the atlas and the layout to remove border. This is built around the default windows 10 theme and default Windows metrics settings. Windows 10 now tends to ignore border values (and often corner radius) - especially if you don't use custom themes, as it actually don't have them anymore - so layouts and atlases help to this purpose. It's not perfect, but at least it should work on any win10 theme :)

win7blacksq_atlas2.zip

Thank you. The borders can also be reduced just by changing line 131 in the layout file. But there is a graphical glitch on the left top margins/edges of the metro pop-up dialogs (battery, wifi, volume...)

12 hours ago, chris2 said:

After installing glass8 on win10 17134.285 I am getting "DWM incompatibility error 0x81".  I have my donation key installed but it is not downloading any symbols.  Attached is the log file. debug.log

After this week's recent 'Cumulative Update" for W10 version 1803, AeroGlass is now not downloading/hooking the latest Symbols file.

dwm.exe_2018-09-13_03_18_21.png.e4e5d01532384a71663e2950b1d53550.png

Has anyone else successfully downloaded the new symbols?  If so, could you please upload them and/or post a link+instructions to download them?

Much Appreciated! - JT