aero glass for version 1803

for my part, and with regret, I gave up aero glass, updates as an insider no longer allow me to install and reinstall the software. :(

and I think BigMuscle has to make white hair too !!!  :dubbio: so, no need to harass him ...

I'm not saying that Aero Glass is dead, I'm just saying that the next version is not for now ..  :huh:

thank you to BigMuscle for his great job ... and his deserved to read your comments some of which are hardly encouraging for him !   :realmad:

5 hours ago, AdamW said:

How did you get transparency working for Chrome?

From a post by @412070391 (which was scrubbed with the msfn server crash):

After upgrade to 67.0.3396.62, no glass on Chrome title bar.

Here's the method to get back glass:
1. open: chrome://flags/#windows10-custom-titlebar
2. choose "disabled"
restart Chrome and glass is back

2 hours ago, nipponico said:

I have the same problem with Thunderbird. Is there a solution?

I use this in c:\Users\...\appdata\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles\.....default\chrome\userChrome.css

/* Set the default namespace to XUL */
@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul");

#messengerWindow
{
	background-color: unset !important;
}

#titlebar, #titlebar-content, #titlebar-spacer
{
  background-color: transparent !important;
}

.titlebar-button {
	opacity: 0.25;
	transition: background-color 0.2s ease;
}

.titlebar-button > .toolbarbutton-icon {
	list-style-image: none;
}

22 hours ago, bigmuscle said:

I use this in c:\Users\...\appdata\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles\.....default\chrome\userChrome.css

Thanky you. Now it's better, but not perfect. Maybe because I use a different theme (Glass Onion)?

Thunderbird.jpg

18 hours ago, nipponico said:

Interesting, but doesn't resolve my problem...

I have a 100% perfect and clean method to fix Firefox and Thunderbird but you would have to modify the .exe of both, would you be fine with that?

1 hour ago, SkyySX said:

I have a 100% perfect and clean method to fix Firefox and Thunderbird but you would have to modify the .exe of both, would you be fine with that?

I am running Thunderbird 52.9.1. with the latest Aero Glass beta, and transparency works just fine, as you can see in the attached screenshot. Perhaps see what happens if/when you use a different theme?

NB - I have tried both an AeroGlass theme atlas and regular msstyle skinning, and the titlebar looked fine in both cases.

Clipboard01.jpg

15 hours ago, Aethelflaed said:

I am running Thunderbird 52.9.1. with the latest Aero Glass beta, and transparency works just fine, as you can see in the attached screenshot. Perhaps see what happens if/when you use a different theme?

NB - I have tried both an AeroGlass theme atlas and regular msstyle skinning, and the titlebar looked fine in both cases.

Clipboard01.jpg

In your case it works fine because you use a Theme Atlas, if you use an actual custom-theme the min/max/close buttons will be messed up without the .exe fix.

No, that screenshot was taken without the theme atlas.

But here is something to try:

Go to Tools > Options > Advanced > General, then click the config editor, and check whether mail.tabs.drawInTitlebar is set to 'false'. If it is not set to 'false', Thunderbird will attempt to draw the title bar itself, which is likely what causes the problem with the buttons not being skinned properly.

I completely forgot about this setting; IIRC there is a similar one for Firefox.

I sincerely apologize for taking so long to respond to your question, AdamW.

I was away on business.  Sadly, I missed much of the World Cup as well, but I digress.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding glass on Chrome, Blonk's post contains precisely that which I would have written for you, so thank you to Blonk :-)

I also recommend that you might consider the following theme, which, is displayed in the included screenshot + linked below:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/f2b-dark-electrique-neon/dpcngmlhjpglhbdbomhggfdjebkgaoap

I happen to contend that it's good-looking enough to share with y'all :-)

Anyways, have a great day everyone!

Sam-LC_-_07192018_000.jpg

On 7/18/2018 at 10:43 PM, SkyySX said:

but i only use userchrome in Firefox quantum 61.0.1 you dont need to modified exe, well take a look..

RafSNCJ.png

KRPFNkH.png

https://i.imgur.com/6MyB2XZ.mp4

20 hours ago, Aethelflaed said:

No, that screenshot was taken without the theme atlas.

But here is something to try:

Go to Tools > Options > Advanced > General, then click the config editor, and check whether mail.tabs.drawInTitlebar is set to 'false'. If it is not set to 'false', Thunderbird will attempt to draw the title bar itself, which is likely what causes the problem with the buttons not being skinned properly.

I completely forgot about this setting; IIRC there is a similar one for Firefox.

1 hour ago, ZiyaadMuhammad said:

but i only use userchrome in Firefox quantum 61.0.1 you dont need to modified exe, well take a look..

RafSNCJ.png

KRPFNkH.png

https://i.imgur.com/6MyB2XZ.mp4

Interesting, my method removes the Windows 10 manifest from the .exe making it unable to detect it's running on Windows 10 thus it loads the Windows 7/Windows 8 UI.