aero glass for version 1803

On 6/26/2018 at 6:01 AM, pipalou50 said:

this morning, for I do not know what reason, aero glass has stopped working...  :crazy:

BigMuscle, quickly a stable version ... thanks in advance  :hello:

There was a new cumulative update for me from Build 17134.112 to 17134.137.

1) A new folder in 'C:\AeroGlass\symbols\dwmcore.pdb' needs to be created named as follows: D1149747277D9F7BA3C1C34E145203531

2) A new 'dwmcore.pdb' needs to be downloaded from the following link: http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols/dwmcore.pdb/D1149747277D9F7BA3C1C34E145203531/dwmcore.pdb

3) The downloaded .BLOB file needs to be renamed 'dwmcore.pdb' and copied to the folder created in the first step.

4) Click the 'retry' button in the 'incompatibility' popup window and it should work.

8 hours ago, sbkw1983 said:

1) A new folder in 'C:\AeroGlass\symbols\dwmcore.pdb' needs to be created named as follows: D1149747277D9F7BA3C1C34E145203531 

2) A new 'dwmcore.pdb' needs to be downloaded from the following link: http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols/dwmcore.pdb/D1149747277D9F7BA3C1C34E145203531/dwmcore.pdb

3) The downloaded .BLOB file needs to be renamed 'dwmcore.pdb' and copied to the folder created in the first step. 

4) Click the 'retry' button in the 'incompatibility' popup window and it should work.

Hello

it turns out that I already uninstalled everything ...  :o

can you tell me all the files to consider for installation, I forgot ..   :wacko:

thank you in advance for your patience of angel ... :angel

19 hours ago, sbkw1983 said:

it turns out I do not have any symbols folder ... where I put this d*** "dwmcore.pdb" ????  :realmad:

what to do ??? a restoration of the later version of w10 ???  :puke:

or drop aero glass and Co ...  :crazy:

incompatibility issyue.jpg

Ok, so if you've installed the latest 1.5.8 version, then replaced the DWMGlass.dll with the beta version, & you don't see a Symbols sub-folder in your Aeroglass folder, then just create the folders yourself.  Then follow the steps that sbkw1983 provided

Edited by envisaged0ne

31 minutes ago, envisaged0ne said:

Ok, so if you've installed the latest 1.5.8 version, then replaced the DWMGlass.dll with the beta version, & you don't see a Symbols sub-folder in your Aeroglass folder, then just create the folders yourself.  Then follow the steps that sbkw1983 provided 

thank you very much, I finally found what you explain to me about 3/4 of an hour ago and ... everything is fine  ;)

On 6/24/2018 at 9:26 PM, jimj said:

I downloaded and used the 'experimental' dll. Two things became obvious.

1. There would always be a CMD 'DOS box' window open, though minimized.

2. There would be occasional cmd "DOS box" popup windows that needed to be closed.

I assume data was being collected and forwarded to the owner. I hope that helps.

The frequent popup screens are the reason I reverted to the non-functional release. Other than that, I would have kept using the experimental dll.

I got fed up with it as well. Here is a workaround:

If !WinExist("ahk_class ConsoleWindowClass ahk_exe dwm.exe")
  WinWait,ahk_class ConsoleWindowClass ahk_exe dwm.exe,,60000
WinClose,Desktop Window Manager ahk_class #32770
WinSet,Disable,,ahk_class ConsoleWindowClass ahk_exe dwm.exe
WinHide,ahk_class ConsoleWindowClass ahk_exe dwm.exe
Loop
{
  WinSet, Disable,,ahk_class ConsoleWindowClass ahk_exe ApplicationFrameHost.exe
  WinHide,ahk_class ConsoleWindowClass ahk_exe ApplicationFrameHost.exe
  WinSet, Disable,,ahk_class ConsoleWindowClass ahk_exe Explorer.EXE
  WinHide,ahk_class ConsoleWindowClass ahk_exe Explorer.EXE
  If WinExist("ahk_class ConsoleWindowClass ahk_exe ApplicationFrameHost.exe") and WinExist("ahk_class ConsoleWindowClass ahk_exe Explorer.EXE")
    Break
  Else
    Sleep,1000
}

The script needs to run as SYSTEM because otherwise it will not have permission to hide the windows. To do that, install PsTools and make a scheduled task to run it at logon:

r4nNv40.png

Wt8Iuxx.png

EabHVNx.png

CJZGzTv.png

Download ZIP file

Edited by mufunyo
Jesus this WYSIWYG post editor is awful

20 hours ago, mufunyo said:

J'en ai eu marre aussi. Voici une solution de contournement: 

If !WinExist("ahk_class ConsoleWindowClass ahk_exe dwm.exe")
  WinWait,ahk_class ConsoleWindowClass ahk_exe dwm.exe,,60000
WinClose,Desktop Window Manager ahk_class #32770
WinSet,Disable,,ahk_class ConsoleWindowClass ahk_exe dwm.exe
WinHide,ahk_class ConsoleWindowClass ahk_exe dwm.exe
Loop
{
  WinSet, Disable,,ahk_class ConsoleWindowClass ahk_exe ApplicationFrameHost.exe
  WinHide,ahk_class ConsoleWindowClass ahk_exe ApplicationFrameHost.exe
  WinSet, Disable,,ahk_class ConsoleWindowClass ahk_exe Explorer.EXE
  WinHide,ahk_class ConsoleWindowClass ahk_exe Explorer.EXE
  If WinExist("ahk_class ConsoleWindowClass ahk_exe ApplicationFrameHost.exe") and WinExist("ahk_class ConsoleWindowClass ahk_exe Explorer.EXE")
    Break
  Else
    Sleep,1000
}

T

Le script doit être exécuté en tant que SYSTEM car sinon il n'aura pas l'autorisation de masquer les fenêtres. Pour ce faire, installez PsTools et créez une tâche planifiée pour l'exécuter à l'ouverture de session: r4nNv40.png

Wt8Iuxx.png

EabHVNx.png

CJZGzTv.png

Download ZIP file

thank you mufunyo, 

not many comments ??? Is there a problem ?  :huh:

I for my part uninstalled aero glass, but I do not despair ..

I will try this maneuver and I'll let you know  :)

Unfortunately my old trick to get rid of the desktop watermark doesn't seem to work any more. You could just hexedit the sole instance of the text "Progman" (which is where AeroGlass paints its annoying watermark) in AeroGlass.dll and change it to anything else like arogman - but today there must be some kind of checksum verification or error check so AeroGlass refuses to load at all when you do that. I'm too lazy to figure out a way around it, sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

..and where can i find the aerohide.exe? With Google no luck!

I know there was a solution for the task planer without any extra exe here in the forum.
But after reinstall Windows 10 i forgot to save this task and i doesn't find this post here anymore.. :(

And BM,, please ignore this post completely! :P

On 7/12/2018 at 9:37 AM, Cris_ said:

..and where can i find the aerohide.exe? With Google no luck!

It's right there at the bottom of my post:

On 7/1/2018 at 4:45 PM, mufunyo said:

I just posted the AHK script as well in case somebody doesn't trust my exe, they can make their own.

On 6/23/2018 at 7:02 AM, sbkw1983 said:

Edit 3: Managed to get transparency back by simply restoring/displaying the dwm.exe window on my desktop and clicking the close button (which resets it).

Also, I managed to get transparency working again for Google Chrome.

How did you get transparency working for Chrome?

My Windows just updated to 1803 and I followed your instructions here to get the experimental version of AG working and so far it seems to be working (using a steady 100-130MB of RAM - does that seem like a lot? - I have quite a few windows running simultaneously).   However, the transparency on Chrome isn't working now and honestly it hasn't even been working since the last update of windows/AG for me (when I had the 1709 or whatever the last Windows 10 was called).  But if you can get the transparency on Chrome working again, please tell me how!  It's the #1 window I have going at any given time and I hate the solid flat color, which is why I've been using AG.  So please let me know, thanks!