aero glass for version 1803

15 minutes ago, sbkw1983 said:

The 'Theme atlas image' should be named: win7rp14393_R6.png

The 'Theme atlas layout' should be named: win7rp14393_R6.png.layout

They need to be placed in the same folder.

Also, you may need to check the file property for each file in order to ensure that the download isn't blocked by Windows Security.

thanks, an error on my part.  :puke:

I like this theme, but is it possible to delete the left and right borders, and down? I find them too important .. :blushing:

Thanks sbkw1983. Nice to have the color option...looks nice.

I am not using the experimental aeroglass version because (on my system at least) it keeps accumulating  RAM. I can make it reset or dump the accumulated RAM by closing the DWM debug window...after which when it restarts, the RAM is back to nominal...and then it begins accumulating again.

I use the older version of aeroglass which while there is no glass effect in the title bar...it allows me to use the aeroglassGUI.exe to set a theme atlas which looks nicer than my only other alternative appearance of the more bland Aerolite theme.

Edited by Alanrh

11 hours ago, pipalou50 said:

thanks, an error on my part.  :puke:

I like this theme, but is it possible to delete the left and right borders, and down? I find them too important .. :blushing:

Do you use Winaero Tweaker at all?  It can be downloaded from www.winaero.com

I believe that it can be use to reduce the border sizes, which, may render the result more to your liking.

To literally delete the borders, it would ideally be done in PhotoShop.  I can try to work something up for you but I need at least 24 hours to do so.

========================================================================

Do you not like the borders because you find the color of each to be different from the top (titlebar)?

If yes, then you may want first to consider using the following registry file (01_DWM_007.reg) to match the colors.

If you do use it, I highly recommend that you do a Restore Point first as a precaution against something unanticipated going wrong (it shouldn't, but better to be safe than sorry).

After I apply it, assuming I haven't deactivated/disabled Windows UAC, I run regedit.exe (and then close it) in order to see the changes.

Also, I have attached a second registry file ([WIN_7] METRICS.reg) in case you wish to reduce the titlebar button sizes to appear closer to those of Windows 7.  Again, I recommend a Restore Point prior to its usage, and I usually restart my PC after I apply it rather than logging off and back on.

Edit: [WIN_10] METRICS.reg is if you wish to revert back to the default Windows 10 metrics.

Keep me posted - I'll be checking back in later today, ciao for now.

[WIN_7] METRICS.reg

01_DWM_007.reg

[WIN_10] METRICS.reg

Edited by sbkw1983

33 minutes ago, Alanrh said:

Thanks sbkw1983. Nice to have the color option...looks nice.

I am not using the experimental aeroglass version because (on my system at least) it keeps accumulating  RAM. I can make it reset or dump the accumulated RAM by closing the DWM debug window...after which when it restarts, the RAM is back to nominal...and then it begins accumulating again.

I use the older version of aeroglass which while there is no glass effect in the title bar...it allows me to use the aeroglassGUI.exe to set a theme atlas which looks nicer than my only other alternative appearance of the more bland Aerolite theme.

You're very welcome :-)

The experimental version of AeroGlass appears to be functioning nominally on my PC - no memory leaks, etc. - but it's probable we are running considerably different hardware, relevant software, and such.

Hopefully BigMuscle shall release a solidly-functioning, non-debug build for W10 v1803 soon enough.  Can't be easy for him as Microsoft continues to hamstring his hard work with cumulative updates, but I digress.

I downloaded and used the 'experimental' dll. Two things became obvious.

1. There would always be a CMD 'DOS box' window open, though minimized.

2. There would be occasional cmd "DOS box" popup windows that needed to be closed.

I assume data was being collected and forwarded to the owner. I hope that helps.

The frequent popup screens are the reason I reverted to the non-functional release. Other than that, I would have kept using the experimental dll.

8 hours ago, jimj said:

2. There would be occasional cmd "DOS box" popup windows that needed to be closed.

Those are usually triggered when some UWP app is opened or something else triggers UWP window framework. They shouldn't keep popping up if you don't close them.

8 hours ago, jimj said:

I assume data was being collected and forwarded to the owner. I hope that helps.

Nah, Aero Glass doesn't spy on its users.

12 hours ago, Alanrh said:

I am not using the experimental aeroglass version because (on my system at least) it keeps accumulating  RAM.

Strange. Previous experimental version did that on my system as well, but the latest one is fine.

UCyborg: They shouldn't keep popping up if you don't close them.

Duh?

UCyborg:

...not spying on us.

Paranoid are we?

My inference was that a debug version was released to collect data on potential issues. If not, what's the point in releasing a debug version. I assume all the opoups are part of the debug nature of the release. There is one opoup that remains open continuously. The others stay closed when I close them. If the 'experimental' version of the dll isn't to collect data, I don't see the point of releasing a dysfunctional dll, which is what the debug feature does to an otherwise functional program.

Until such time as the owner addresses the issue, if ever the issue is addressed, this is speculative.

17 hours ago, sbkw1983 said:

Do you use Winaero Tweaker at all?  It can be downloaded from www.winaero.com

I believe that it can be use to reduce the border sizes, which, may render the result more to your liking.

To literally delete the borders, it would ideally be done in PhotoShop.  I can try to work something up for you but I need at least 24 hours to do so.

Do you not like the borders because you find the color of each to be different from the top (titlebar)?

If yes, then you may want first to consider using the following registry file (01_DWM_007.reg) to match the colors.

If you do use it, I highly recommend that you do a Restore Point first as a precaution against something unanticipated going wrong (it shouldn't, but better to be safe than sorry).

After I apply it, assuming I haven't deactivated/disabled Windows UAC, I run regedit.exe (and then close it) in order to see the changes.

Also, I have attached a second registry file ([WIN_7] METRICS.reg) in case you wish to reduce the titlebar button sizes to appear closer to those of Windows 7.  Again, I recommend a Restore Point prior to its usage, and I usually restart my PC after I apply it rather than logging off and back on.

Edit: [WIN_10] METRICS.reg is if you wish to revert back to the default Windows 10 metrics.

Keep me posted - I'll be checking back in later today, ciao for now.

[WIN_7] METRICS.reg

01_DWM_007.reg

[WIN_10] METRICS.reg

thank you very much   !  :P

the experimental version is at the top, but I hope that BigMuscle will release a wonderful version for 1803 :)

4 hours ago, pipalou50 said:

thank you very much   !  :P

the experimental version is at the top, but I hope that BigMuscle will release a wonderful version for 1803 :)

You are a Platinum Sponsor after all.  It was the least I could do, have a good day :-)

19 hours ago, jimj said:

10 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Nah, Aero Glass doesn't spy on its users.

I think the confusion was because the pop-up boxes are to gather info that is helpful to the developer. You still need to manually copy and paste the details (if asked for when dealing with a particular issue). None of the pop-ups nor Aeroglass in general will forward any information behind your back.

55 minutes ago, sbkw1983 said:

You are a Platinum Sponsor after all.  It was the least I could do, have a good day :-)

I consider, privilege of my excess old age, which this application or software deserves to be supported .. much more ..  -_-

19 hours ago, jimj said:

I downloaded and used the 'experimental' dll. Two things became obvious.

1. There would always be a CMD 'DOS box' window open, though minimized.

The frequent popup screens are the reason I reverted to the non-functional release. Other than that, I would have kept using the experimental dll.

Aye, their presence can indeed be rather vexatious, especially if it has been repetitive and you've got a lot of work to finish up.  I certainly don't blame you for ditching the debug DLL.  Admittedly, I too have done so in the past.

At the same time, I'm really grateful that we have BigMuscle around to continue working on AeroGlass.  And I'm confident he'll release version 1.5.9 soon enough :-)

4 minutes ago, pipalou50 said:

I consider, privilege of my excess old age, which this application or software deserves to be supported .. much more ..  -_-

Haha - well, God bless you for investing either way :-)

Thank you!

19 hours ago, sbkw1983 said:

Aye, their presence can indeed be rather vexatious, especially if it has been repetitive and you've got a lot of work to finish up.  I certainly don't blame you for ditching the debug DLL.  Admittedly, I too have done so in the past.

At the same time, I'm really grateful that we have BigMuscle around to continue working on AeroGlass.  And I'm confident he'll release version 1.5.9 soon enough :-)

this morning, for I do not know what reason, aero glass has stopped working...  :crazy:

BigMuscle, quickly a stable version ... thanks in advance  :hello: