HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

hi Oleg! it's nice to see a pioneer back! :) there have been some changes since you've been gone & a lot of new faces too ... like me! :) your contribution to HFSLIP would certainly be appreciated ... :) TC/TP, my apologies ... still don't have my PC up ... seems that i need a new 1 ... i REALLY miss running the tests & posting results ... :( oh btw, which additional .msis are supported now? i remember there were quite a few ...

Edited by Kiki Burgh

@Tomcat76

I changed the instructions to integrating drivers so you can get rid of HFDRV folder related code in HFSLIP.

The only thing I'd like to ask you is to take from this code the part when all INF files in DRIVERSCAB folder is cabbed, placed into i386 folder and referenced in TXTSETUP.SIF and DOSNET.INF as "*.INF=1,,,,,,,20,0,0".

Current instructions include work around without this code but if you can do it the steps would be even easier for a user.

QUESTION:

Regarding the latest changelog, UsrExcHF1 is only for hotfixes that are "not recommended" in the sense that it's not in Tomcat's and the_guy's lists? because everything that's in those list are all correctly handled by HFSLIP?

Not really.

I just took a look at it but I don't really understand what has changed in my case. :no:

See my signature for an XPSP1 list intended for the current test release. If everything appears to be correct, can you please compress your HFSLIP.LOG and TXTSETUP.SIF files and post it here? I'm completely in the dark as everything's fine here with XPSP1.
QUESTION:

Regarding the latest changelog, UsrExcHF1 is only for hotfixes that are "not recommended" in the sense that it's not in Tomcat's and the_guy's lists? because everything that's in those list are all correctly handled by HFSLIP?

Yes. This feature is for hotfixes and/or updates that aren't on our lists.

@glentium, yes.

@Tomcat, I seem to be having a problem with HFANSWER.INI. Unless I'm doing something wrong, the DRIVERCOMP option I select is not recognized properly. I used to use option A, but I recently changed it to D. When I run HFSLIP, it still uses option A.

But I think I know why! Because I set the %RELEASE% variable to AUTORUN, it doesn't call the section that sets %MULTICAB% to ON.

RELEASE=AUTORUN
DRIVERCOMP=D
SBOOTPATH=1
INSTALLRC=1
INCWMPCSKIN=1
ISONAME=XPVOL1_61013a.iso
ISOTITLE=VRMPVOL_EN
FORCECDIMAGE=1
CDIMGSW=-t10/13/2006,12:00:00 -h -n -x -o -m
MKISSW=-relaxed-filenames -d -D -N -J -no-emul-boot -no-iso-translate -boot-load-size 4

@Super Magician...

In "autorun" mode you need to specify MULTICAB=ON additionally. And don't forget to specify AHTEST too.

But let's not discuss this too much because it's an unsupported feature. If people use this and something goes wrong, we can't have a clear picture of the situation to diagnose it properly.

Hi, I think I've found a problem with hfslip-1.0b-61013a.

I use w2k SP4 german.

During setup there appears a screen "KB917008 Setup ... Options ... " and an OK button on the bottom.

I've put KB917008 in the HF dir, is that correct? I've read that this update is not slipstreamed, does it have to go in another folder?

After setup was finished I did a quick run of MSBSA 2.0 and it tells me KB917008 and KB923191 are missing.

KB923191 is definitely in my HF dir...

BB

Tomcat76 :hello:

I've just had a look into HFSLIP HFSTOR section. Here is my suggestions:

1. I think it's better to place STORAGE.INI in HFTOOLS and run :HFSTOR section if only *.SYS file in STORAGE folder. Because this way a user may place this INI is in HFTOOLS just for future use and doesn't use any SATA/RAID drivers at the moment.

2. Sorry I'm not too much in the coding but I see only three sections are adding to TXTSETUP.SIF - SCSILOAD, SourceDisksFiles and HardwareIdsDatabase. Shouldn't be one more - SCSI.Load?

Example:

[SCSI.Load]
3waredrv= 3waredrv.sys,4
a320raid= a320raid.sys,4
fasttrak= fasttrak.sys,4
iastor= iastor.sys,4
nvraid= nvraid.sys,4
s150sx8= s150sx8.sys,4
sisraid= sisraid.sys,4
sisraid1= sisraid1.sys,4
sisraid2= sisraid2.sys,4
ulsata= ulsata.sys,4
ulsata2= ulsata2.sys,4
ultra= ultra.sys,4
viamraid= viamraid.sys,4
viapdsk= viapdsk.sys,4

The difficulty here is that first part iastor should be the name of SYS file iastor.sys without this SYS.

Or do you think that it's better to include SCSI.Load part in STORAGE.INI too?

Here's a little commandline that may help to strip off the dot extension and put into Oleg2's suggested format.

FOR /F "DELIMS=." %%I IN ('DIR HFEXPERT\STORAGE /B') DO ECHO %%I=%%I.SYS,4

Edited by tommyp