HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

:hello:

I´m able to report a successfull final installation with w2ksp4 german, ie6sp1, dx 9 oct06 without xinput and xact files, all fixes and files from tomcats list and some goodies in hfexpert.

Installation without problems. WU shows only unneeded stuff. CD build with Hfslip 61014c.

Good work, guys. THX :thumbup:D

Concerning the Sri Lanka update... Just copying the binary doesn't do it. It's actually nothing more than a "helper file".

Kiki (or anyone else)... Do you know if the time zone change from 6:00 to 5:30 is temporary or permanent? If it's permanent, I'll just hard code the two necessary registry changes for everyone and you can ditch the update.

hi TC! thanks for this ... strange though, this HF about Sri Lanka has been there in my HF directory all along ... but i believe this time shift would be permanent
Sri Lanka will put back its clocks by half an hour and revert to the practise of having the same standard time as India after its 10-year experiment to save daytime failed.
... got it from here: http://www.zeenews.com/znnew/articles.asp?...608&sid=SAS ... as for NTFS prob i believe it was due to my cabbed ntoskrnl (to change the boot screen) ... though there is still another possible culprit as i only did 2 major changes in my last build (1) removed ntoskrnl from FIX & (2) changed source from XP Gold to XP SP1 ...

as for the error in KB923191, redownloading the file resolved the issue ...

thanks again!

Yeah, I've read some articles on the time zone change too. It's been like that for a few months already.

BTW... "T-13" is not exactly right. The change is implemented when SYSOC.INF gets processed; I think that's T-19 but I'm not sure.

HFSLIP 61012a is partially broken!

KB917008 failed to install.

The KB917008 installer is complaning about an invalid switch, in other words, an invalid parameter.

I get a pop-up with the command line options when at "Registering Components".

This problem didn't occur with previous versions of HFSLIP.

This is with Windows 2000 Pro SP4 and the FDV fileset.

Update:

I'm not alone on this one, at least a couple reported having the KB917008 installer returning an invalid parameter error.

Edited by RJARRRPCGP

Hi

Theres a problem with current experimental release and XPSP2 and W2kSP4 german. Trying to make a new and updated CD with XPSP2 failed. Sometimes hfslip isn´t able to process Hotfixes (Messages like "temp folder is not empty. The specified file could not accessed" or " file not found"). Finished sourcess burned on CD brake during copymode with "file not found or could not copied. Setup failed". :no: Trying W2ksp4 shows the same problems. :unsure: Strange thing. the former Releases worked better. :(

Redownloaded all Hotfixes and files, copied new source, nothing helped.

I think its the better way to build first a stable Version of hfslip for the MS-Stuff including the new one and the thirdparty stuff is a parallel development.

Edited by wela