HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

Just FYI for those of you wondering "why is he using that old crap anyway?"

I use TommyP's reducers to effectively nuke IE/OE. I do this because FDV does too good of a job and I can't use FDV+Oulook.

But some stuff remains. So using those patches ensures that the leftovers are at the latest patch level, and then the extra stuff gets stripped out by HFCLEANUP.

Win2K with IE5 is done. The inetcomm.dll binary from the OE 5.5 cumulative update has a broken registration section (deja vu anyone?)....

HFSLIP (61010a) is letting Windows setup register inetcomm.dll from the Update Rollup (which is OK) and then overwrites the file with the version from the OE 5.5 hotfix. This is the same procedure as for the webvw.dll binary on non-English Win2K sources. All fine with Windows Update.

WoW! You are making great things here :thumbup

I'm a bit confused about all new features added and said in this thread. Tomcat76 is the information on HFSLIP website about using all this stuff - HFANSWER.INI and external plugins - right or needs updating?

Sorry I missed a lot :blushing: Need some help getting into it again :rolleyes:

Hi Oleg... Nice to see you back! :thumbup

Hope everything's OK.

The web page is up to date as far as the current final is concerned but it needs modification for the upcoming version. Please refer to the changelog in this thread if you want to use a test release. :)

I'm keeping msxml3.msi on my list for the resource file.

BTW, I suppose it's a mistake from MS to say that KB924191 updates both MSXML2 and MSXML3 because it only contains an updated version of msxml3.dll -- not msxml2.dll.

Edited by Tomcat76

You are right about the resource file. It's the same version as the one in the 2K rollup. I guess the newer date confused me.

I'm now doing a thorough check of all files and will update my lists accordingly...

Edited by Tomcat76